Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-02-2013, 06:26 PM

977 posts, read 763,806 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josseppie View Post
I am not for Obamacare but this is comparing apples to oranges.
Not really. Obama has all of these grand plans whether it be Obamacare, Solyndra or now brain mapping. Huge amounts of money printed to fund his vision with no rate of return. He should really try to be an executive instead of entertaining his fantasies at our expense.

Old 04-02-2013, 07:21 PM

9,982 posts, read 13,765,700 times
I think Obama is spot on. Invest in science and research and you are buying the Golden Goose.

The Tea Party ..cough..GOP is all about slaughtering the Golden Goose and serving it with a side of seed corn, as a flesh sacrifice to the "Job Creators."

GOP: "Research?!! Har har har, SCIENCE!? What a maroon!!! You're killin me! Oh, gotta go....time for my bloodletting!"

Old 04-02-2013, 07:24 PM

1,466 posts, read 1,229,704 times
Yawn. If things were really that bad in this country, you guys would have much better dirt on Obama than this .

Old 04-02-2013, 07:29 PM

12,262 posts, read 24,467,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by butkus51 View Post
Not really. Obama has all of these grand plans whether it be Obamacare, Solyndra or now brain mapping. Huge amounts of money printed to fund his vision with no rate of return. He should really try to be an executive instead of entertaining his fantasies at our expense.
Those are all separate issues.

Solyndra was a mistake as the government should never pick companies but instead give blanket grants to help a market like solar as its only a matter of time before it overtakes fossil fuels.

Obamacare is a policy not scientific discussion.

Brain Mapping is a very important scientific project much like the human genome project was in the 1990's. It has been going on since 2005 and already we can see the benefits as a good example is Siri on the I Phone. The benefits we will see in the next 10 years will be nothing short of amazing especially when it comes to AI as by 2019 a computer that costs 1,000 dollars will be able to simulate the human brain, currently only super computers are that fast. That is why I say we will more then get back the money we spend in a very short time.

Old 04-02-2013, 07:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josseppie View Post
Those are all separate issues.
I actually think they are the symptoms of the same problem. There is not one thing that he touches that does not fail miserably. And the cost has been staggering. I have no faith in Obama accomplishing anything. He's like a kid on Christmas day and our money is his Christmas gift. The man is an ideologue and unqualified to undertake any type of project of this enormity. Grand ideas and dreams are not what he should be about. But since it is our money he is throwing away, he can 'afford' to be reckless.

Old 04-02-2013, 07:49 PM

23,416 posts, read 37,012,211 times
Quote:
There is not one thing that he touches that does not fail miserably.
Ending 2 wars and getting bin Laden were miserable failures?
On what planet?

Old 04-02-2013, 07:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
Ending 2 wars and getting bin Laden were miserable failures?
On what planet?
Obama kept the wars going and killed OBL using GW's 'failed policies'.............on this planet.

Old 04-02-2013, 07:53 PM

12,262 posts, read 24,467,333 times
Quote:
I actually think they are the symptoms of the same problem. There is not one thing that he touches that does not fail miserably. And the cost has been staggering. I have no faith in Obama accomplishing anything. He's like a kid on Christmas day and our money is his Christmas gift. The man is an ideologue and unqualified to undertake any type of project of this enormity. Grand ideas and dreams are not what he should be about. But since it is our money he is throwing away, he can 'afford' to be reckless.
The thing is President Obama is not going to be heading this program he is just providing the funding. If he was going to head the program then I would agree with you.

Old 04-02-2013, 07:56 PM

9,984 posts, read 10,395,835 times
Goodness are Republicans so desperate that they have resorted to this crap.

Old 04-02-2013, 07:58 PM

5,739 posts, read 6,936,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
Really? You do realize how many green energy failures he has on record right? All on the taxpayers dime.
FAIL
These are the failures you're talking about? Since you once again provide only a hissy fit with no information, you should explain where the failure is here on your right-wing dime.
U.S. Approves 1,100 Megawatts of Renewable Energy Projects | Renewable Energy News Article

UPDATE 1-U.S. approves 3 major renewable energy projects in West

Renewable Energy Industries Push for New Financing Options - NYTimes.com
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.