Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-02-2013, 11:04 PM

29,407 posts, read 21,998,309 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josseppie View Post
Those are all separate issues.

Solyndra was a mistake as the government should never pick companies but instead give blanket grants to help a market like solar as its only a matter of time before it overtakes fossil fuels.

Obamacare is a policy not scientific discussion.

Brain Mapping is a very important scientific project much like the human genome project was in the 1990's. It has been going on since 2005 and already we can see the benefits as a good example is Siri on the I Phone. The benefits we will see in the next 10 years will be nothing short of amazing especially when it comes to AI as by 2019 a computer that costs 1,000 dollars will be able to simulate the human brain, currently only super computers are that fast. That is why I say we will more then get back the money we spend in a very short time.
Scary where we will be in fifty years. The last twenty has taken us from nothing to where we are now in the technology field. I don't like the way things are going. Glad I won't be around for the final blow. The machines will decide humans aren't needed anymore and hopefully somebody can send one guy back in time to protect the chosen one. lol

Old 04-02-2013, 11:09 PM

9,827 posts, read 6,933,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HistorianDude View Post
For conservatives in this country, every day is April Fool's day.
That's right.. Because everyday we read the fool liberal comments on subjects they know nothing about and don't understand.

Old 04-03-2013, 01:26 AM

5,739 posts, read 6,931,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lithium View Post
It's not as if he smugly brought it up. Mentioning his less than stellar grades is pretty humble. There's nothing outrageous about this...

...but I guarantee now the right will paint this project as a total waste of time and utter failure before it even gets underway. Even though it could potentially lead to curing the type of thing that ruined the last 10 years of their hero Reagan's life...
Good point about neanderthals hating or ridiculing the very thing that could save them at some point.
The proud history of narrow regressive conservatism defined by what it has hated, opposed, stifled, or destroyed.
In America - civil rights, rock and roll, the American Revolution, any sort of change and an inability to perceive progress.
The Weakly Standard - a home for knee-jerk, chest-beating, Obama-hating, Tories who crow about being the "best" Americans to this day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by freightshaker View Post
That's right.. Because everyday we read the fool liberal comments on subjects they know nothing about and don't understand.
Except the right-wing mind, in its childlike "all about me" simplicity and lack of imagination, is extremely easy to understand and predict. Thus this thread referencing a "serious" conservative "think tank" with a strangely adolescent approach to news and information.

Old 04-03-2013, 04:07 AM

24,394 posts, read 23,048,028 times
If Obama benefitted from brain surgery successfully like he apparently did, its a legitimate reason to take up a cause like that. Still, science and the left don't generally see eye to eye, especially when theres money to be made.

Old 04-03-2013, 04:33 AM

977 posts, read 763,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josseppie View Post
The thing is President Obama is not going to be heading this program he is just providing the funding.
[bold mine] And therein lies the problem. We are going to be providing the funding.................with more printed money

Old 04-03-2013, 04:34 AM

764 posts, read 597,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the mask View Post
Too bad he can't count "I've now been in 57 states -- I think one left to go."
Cite another instance of him thinking there's 57 states.

Old 04-03-2013, 04:50 AM

977 posts, read 763,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lithium View Post
Cite another instance of him thinking there's 57 states.
Once is enough. Isn't that the standard the left uses?

Old 04-03-2013, 05:08 AM

9,828 posts, read 9,410,092 times
Right-wingers have been running the "57 states" faux pas into the ground for 4+ years now, in a failed attempt to prove Obama is "just as dumb" as Bush. Weak sell, and no one is buying.

Old 04-03-2013, 05:41 AM

470 posts, read 438,382 times
Quote:
Right-wingers have been running the "57 states" faux pas into the ground for 4+ years now, in a failed attempt to prove Obama is "just as dumb" as Bush. Weak sell, and no one is buying.
It seems he's giving bush a run for his money.

"When I meet with world leaders, what's striking -- whether it's in Europe or here in Asia..." -mistakenly referring to Hawaii as Asia while holding a press conference outside Honolulu"

"We're the country that built the Intercontinental Railroad."

"We're not trying to push financial reform because we begrudge success that's fairly earned. I mean, I do think at a certain point you've made enough money. But, you know, part of the American way is, you know, you can just keep on making it if you're providing a good product or providing good service. We don’t want people to stop, ah, fulfilling the core responsibilities of the financial system to help grow our economy." —on Wall Street reform

"The Middle East is obviously an issue that has plagued the region for centuries."

"UPS and FedEx are doing just fine, right? It's the Post Office that's always having problems." –attempting to make the case for government-run healthcare, while simultaneously undercutting his own argument

Old 04-03-2013, 06:16 AM

7,993 posts, read 12,857,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the mask View Post
Calling Dr. Howard...Dr. Fine...Dr. Howard...Emergency our commander in chief has gone insane!

Obama Names Himself 'Scientist-in-Chief' | The Weekly Standard

Attachment 109557
Maybe as "Scientist-in-chief" he can develop some fat burning formula that can help Michelle shrink her butt.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies