Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-02-2013, 07:59 PM

19,792 posts, read 13,951,723 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mensa130 View Post
We should have access to his college transcripts so that we can see those grades in physics.
Can we have access to yours?

Old 04-02-2013, 09:08 PM

764 posts, read 597,344 times
It's not as if he smugly brought it up. Mentioning his less than stellar grades is pretty humble. There's nothing outrageous about this...

...but I guarantee now the right will paint this project as a total waste of time and utter failure before it even gets underway. Even though it could potentially lead to curing the type of thing that ruined the last 10 years of their hero Reagan's life...

Old 04-02-2013, 10:10 PM

9,982 posts, read 13,763,920 times
I think it is cool that he admitted he stank at physics. I was not too bad, but I sucked in plenty of hard classes. If you are not fvcking up once a while, you're not pushing yourself hard enough.

Old 04-02-2013, 10:40 PM

491 posts, read 373,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by butkus51 View Post
But there are 57 states. Right?
Ummm....no.

Old 04-02-2013, 10:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddlehead View Post
I think it is cool that he admitted he stank at physics. I was not too bad, but I sucked in plenty of hard classes. If you are not fvcking up once a while, you're not pushing yourself hard enough.
Physics isn't too hard, one just has to apply themselves to the material. If you don't study, then of course you will suck. I learned this firsthand while talking a physics class. I have since retaken it and have done much better. On the other hand, maybe the president was taking "Physics with fear" which includes calculus. That is how my physics professor described calculus based physics. Somehow, I doubt that.

Old 04-02-2013, 10:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
Can we have access to yours?
PM me and I will see what I can do. I am not running for president, FYI.

Old 04-02-2013, 10:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josseppie View Post
I am not for Obamacare but this is comparing apples to oranges.
Neither are many other Americans. A very small minority actually supports Obamacare. Read Thoreau. I expect much civil disobedience concerning ObamaCare come 2014. People will use 2013 as a year of preparation. The mid term elections should be especially interesting.

Old 04-02-2013, 10:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josseppie View Post
Those are all separate issues.

Solyndra was a mistake as the government should never pick companies but instead give blanket grants to help a market like solar as its only a matter of time before it overtakes fossil fuels.

Obamacare is a policy not scientific discussion.

Brain Mapping is a very important scientific project much like the human genome project was in the 1990's. It has been going on since 2005 and already we can see the benefits as a good example is Siri on the I Phone. The benefits we will see in the next 10 years will be nothing short of amazing especially when it comes to AI as by 2019 a computer that costs 1,000 dollars will be able to simulate the human brain, currently only super computers are that fast. That is why I say we will more then get back the money we spend in a very short time.
I wil never let anybody copy my brain.

Old 04-02-2013, 10:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
Ending 2 wars and getting bin Laden were miserable failures?
On what planet?
The War in Afghanistan is over?

Last time I checked the Department of Defense records, several U.S. soldiers died in Afghanistan last week, and at least one soldier died in Germany.

You had better tell their families that "the war is over".

It might make their loss feel less painful.

Old 04-02-2013, 11:00 PM

9,982 posts, read 13,763,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mensa130 View Post
Physics isn't too hard, one just has to apply themselves to the material. If you don't study, then of course you will suck. I learned this firsthand while talking a physics class. I have since retaken it and have done much better. On the other hand, maybe the president was taking "Physics with fear" which includes calculus. That is how my physics professor described calculus based physics. Somehow, I doubt that.
I did pretty well in fear-based physics, but had my azz handed to me in chemistry and hydrogeology. It is good to get your butt whooped. Builds tenacity.

But that is all part of the "geologic record" at this point....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies