Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-05-2013, 04:01 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,795,791 times

Advertisements

Obama Calls Californian Kamala Harris ‘Best Looking’ Attorney General - ABC News

Michelle Obama Slips, Says She’s ‘Single Mother’ - ABC News

I'm just sayin'
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2013, 08:32 AM

45,585 posts, read 27,215,643 times
That single mother "slip" goes in the same category when Obama slipped up and said "my Muslim faith" and George S. had to correct him to say Christian faith.

Those are "mistakes" that people DO NOT make. Slip up about being a single mother?? There's no way. Show me the woman who has made the mistake regarding who is the bearer of her children, or the state of one's marriage (in the case that Barack is the dad, and they are separated/divorced). The statement just rolled right off without any thought.

Wow - I did not see this until now. That whole scene in the White House is a total fraud on the country.

The video is here. The "slip" is 3:20 into the interview.

Old 04-08-2013, 08:36 AM

20,892 posts, read 16,088,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Those are "mistakes" that people DO NOT make.
A belief that can only be honestly held by someone who has never met any people.

Old 04-08-2013, 08:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HistorianDude View Post
A belief that can only be honestly held by someone who has never met any people.

And your statement can only be made by one totally bent on protecting the administration.

Women don't make that mistake. Men don't make that mistake when they KNOW who their children are. All that goes with being a parent from signing the birth certificate, to financial arrangements and wills, school paperwork - all of that official parentwork that needs to be done - "reminding " them (if that's necessary) who are the legal guardians - and you make that statement? Wow.

Old 04-08-2013, 08:51 AM

24,561 posts, read 40,304,124 times
I think both remarks were slips. President Obama's remark was definitely inappropriate and if he doesn't regret saying that...well...he should.

Michelle Obama's remark is telling and sad...she's not a single mother, but it wouldn't surprise me if she felt that way a lot of the time since being POTUS is a 24/7 job and sadly most of POTUS's duties come before family. That's just the nature of the job. I'm sure he carves out as much time as he can to spend with his children, but I feel bad for Michelle Obama sometimes. It can't be easy.

Old 04-08-2013, 08:57 AM

1,635 posts, read 1,594,471 times
I think too much is made of this. Obama would never cheat on Michelle with another woman. Now,a Reggie Love or someone like that,all bets are off.

Old 04-08-2013, 09:06 AM

14,292 posts, read 9,685,403 times
They have been taking separate vacations for over a year now, and even those times where they did go to the same place, they went on separate planes. They may be having marital problems <shrug>

Old 04-08-2013, 09:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDGeek View Post
I think both remarks were slips. President Obama's remark was definitely inappropriate and if he doesn't regret saying that...well...he should.

Michelle Obama's remark is telling and sad...she's not a single mother, but it wouldn't surprise me if she felt that way a lot of the time since being POTUS is a 24/7 job and sadly most of POTUS's duties come before family. That's just the nature of the job. I'm sure he carves out as much time as he can to spend with his children, but I feel bad for Michelle Obama sometimes. It can't be easy.
She said she is a single mother.

"Believe me, as a busy single mother..." then she changed it to a mother with a husband as president.

Her words.

Old 04-08-2013, 09:20 AM

24,561 posts, read 40,304,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
She said she is a single mother.

"Believe me, as a busy single mother..." then she changed it to a mother with a husband as president.

Her words.
She may feel like a single mother, but she isn't a single mother.

Old 04-08-2013, 09:35 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,882,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDGeek View Post
She may feel like a single mother, but she isn't a single mother.
Agreed. I'd be willing to bet the parent who stays home with the rugrats while their spouse is extremely busy with work does feel single at times.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies