Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-08-2013, 04:21 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,198,461 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by softblueyz View Post
More than likely they traveled through the Bahamas, Mexico or Canada, as do many Americans, the State Dept wouldn't know. No paperwork/license necessary and Cuba doesn't stamp American passports. If that is how the entered Cuba they may have thought it wouldn't be a problem, but they should have tried to avoid any publicity.
They can't possibly avoid publicity. Not in 2013. The Cuban government probably knew they were coming the minute their plane took off.

I'm also sure that they were smart enough to consult attorneys before they left...they know damn well that nothing is gonna happen to them. Hell...fine 'em...they're worth a half a billion dollars. What do they care?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2013, 04:26 PM

2,240 posts, read 1,386,349 times
Beyonce, Jay Z Trip to Cuba 'Fully Licensed' by Treasury Department | The Weekly Standard

Old 04-08-2013, 04:59 PM

6,940 posts, read 9,679,931 times
There you have it.

Old 04-08-2013, 05:01 PM

6,129 posts, read 6,810,838 times
Welp that witch hunt is over, until someone figure out how to wring another news cycle out of it.

Complete waste of time.

Old 04-08-2013, 05:16 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,198,461 times
I'm disappointed. I wish they'd broken the law just to highlight the stupidity of it. Damn.

Old 04-08-2013, 05:30 PM

8,806 posts, read 6,110,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by knowledgeiskey View Post
Oh the irony. Republicans advocate freedom but won't allow Americans to travel to where they choose.

BBC News - Beyonce and Jay-Z visit to Cuba queried in US Congress

I'm pretty sure finding out about any American just up and going to Cuba is going to give rise to some questions. I haven't read through the thread but it's a well-known fact that travel between the two countries is not easily accessible to anyone other than gov't officials (I imagine) or people with dual citizenship (such as my father). I would like to visit one day but not anytime soon b/c it's really not safe but also b/c it's such a huge hassle to get permission, if it's even granted at all.

Either way, Beyonce and Jay-Z do some odd things, and they are known to pal around with Obama, so it's really no wonder Republicans are questioning it. It has nothing to do with freedom, as you claim.

Old 04-08-2013, 05:40 PM

1,205 posts, read 1,854,871 times
The whole embargo against Cuba has past the point of stupidity for decades now. FFS we now have extensive trade links with China and Vietnam, and we fought bloody wars against both of them! What's the point of keeping up an embargo against a small Caribbean island nation who is of no threat to us. If you think they are a threat....well just look at some our "allies" such as Pakistan and Saudi Arabia, they've done more damage to American interests than little Cuba could ever dream of doing.

Old 04-08-2013, 05:40 PM

4,204 posts, read 4,689,623 times
what about so called "FREEDOM"? A US Citizen cannot even travel to a country of his/her choice???

Old 04-08-2013, 05:41 PM

4,204 posts, read 4,689,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spudcommando View Post
The whole embargo against Cuba has past the point of stupidity for decades now. FFS we now have extensive trade links with China and Vietnam, and we fought bloody wars against both of them! What's the point of keeping up an embargo against a small Caribbean island nation who is of no threat to us. If you think they are a threat....well just look at some our "allies" such as Pakistan and Saudi Arabia, they've done more damage to American interests than little Cuba could ever dream of doing.
What damage has Pakistan done to American interests???

Old 04-08-2013, 05:45 PM

1,205 posts, read 1,854,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by munna21977 View Post
What damage has Pakistan done to American interests???
The god damn ISI, lets put it this way, they have a habit of playing both sides in Afghanistan.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies