Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-08-2013, 02:51 PM

13,186 posts, read 15,004,498 times

Advertisements

Spontaneous celebrations of her death in the UK https://twitter.com/jdpoulter/status...604289/photo/1

Yep, the British don't suffer right wing fools trying to score political points due to the death of public figures. As it should be.

https://www.facebook.com/events/351111824993138/

Last edited by padcrasher; 04-08-2013 at 03:07 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2013, 02:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuling View Post
I could never stand her, and nothing will change about that just because she died. All that post-mortal glorification now is just ridiculous...
That's whats going on here. The US right wing media will hope to politicize her death, build her up in an attempt to score some political points. You can see them in this forum trying to spread the FOX propaganda.They did this with Reagan. But it's 2013 now and we have the internet, and educated informed posters while nip this attempted hagiography http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hagiography in the bud.

Last edited by padcrasher; 04-08-2013 at 03:14 PM..

Old 04-08-2013, 03:08 PM

1,126 posts, read 2,696,657 times
Awful woman who tried to destroy Britain's middle and working class and aligned herself with ruthless tyrants such as Pinochet.

Old 04-08-2013, 03:15 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,987,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hasdrubal View Post
Awful woman who tried to destroy Britain's middle and working class and aligned herself with ruthless tyrants such as Pinochet.
statements like some of you are making are mind boggling to me: like her, dislike her, agree with her politically or not, she is dead and I always was taught to say nice things about those who have past or nothing, especially the day after they die. Maybe you were taught something different...

Old 04-08-2013, 03:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
statements like some of you are making are mind boggling to me: like her, dislike her, agree with her politically or not, she is dead and I always was taught to say nice things about those who have past or nothing, especially the day after they die. Maybe you were taught something different...
Give her one day, so right wing propagandist can tell lies and set the tone for her historical legacy?

No thanks! Put on your big girl pants and deal with opinions that differ from your own.

I knew right away what was going on here when the OP, to his credit offered up a thread that asked for the good and bad regarding Thatcher and one of your own chimes in and says she's walking in heaven with Reagan....LOL

Glenn Greenwald explains what these right wingers are trying to do.

http://www.salon.com/2011/12/17/chri...figure_deaths/

This is what they did with Reagan.

The key claim there was that “politics is put aside.” That’s precisely what did not happen. The entire spectacle was political to its core. Following Woodruff’s proclamation were funeral speeches, all broadcast by CNN, by then-House Speaker Denny Hastert and Vice President Dick Cheney hailing the former President for gifting the nation with peace and prosperity, rejuvenating national greatness, and winning the Cold War. This scene repeated itself over and over during that week: extremely politicized tributes to the greatness of Ronald Reagan continuously broadcast to the nation without challenge and endorsed by its “neutral” media — all shielded from refutation or balance by the grief of a widow and social mores that bar one from speaking ill of the dead.

Old 04-08-2013, 03:20 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,987,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by northnut View Post
Christ people, have some respect. I don't care if she was a right winger or not. The same people on here gloating & insulting her are the same ones who would turn around & call out the idiot righties on here who do the very same thing w/liberal deaths.
and what happened to the left being the party of acceptance and love, instead of the party filled with hate. I have seen this so many times in the past year when right wingers have passed away. Oh sure, there were those on the right that made all kinds of remarks when Teddy died and that too was uncalled for but it can't compare with every time a right winger dies the comments that are made.

Old 04-08-2013, 03:49 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,711,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post
She called the ANC and Nelson Mandela 'terrorists".
That, and her support of the apartheid regime in South Africa, is why I had no respect for her.

Old 04-08-2013, 03:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
The ANC did resort to bombings and violence. One mans freedom fighter is another mans terrorist.
By your standards, George Washington was a terrorist too.

Old 04-08-2013, 03:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
Great lady. I hated watching her physical demise.

She and Ronnie are walking together again.
And I bet their feet are really hot........

Old 04-08-2013, 04:00 PM

1,031 posts, read 1,316,452 times
Margaret Thatcher is dead?

(Yawn)

I for one will not miss her. Not one bit.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies