Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-11-2013, 08:05 PM

10,564 posts, read 12,825,816 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by helenejen View Post
Seriously. Were you born yesterday?
Sorry but I was. Call me a babe in the woods if you want but I just can't get a handle on this modern world...It reminds me of the last time I was on earth and had to sit in that stupid Roman arena...lol.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2013, 08:06 PM

288 posts, read 230,916 times
Why do they need to announce what their sexual orientation is? They are sports players so play sports! Sheesh...it just seems people are asking to be harassed and bothered,its their choice but it seems like people are just asking for drama where none is needed.

18,630 posts, read 19,427,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
I don't watch sports, but cool.
Ironically a lot of gays don't even watch sports.

14,917 posts, read 13,107,555 times
Positive gay role models vocally confident and accepting of who they are makes things immeasurably better for gay youth struggling with their sexuality and will even save some of their lives. I hope every gay athlete there is comes out of the closet tomorrow.

Old 04-11-2013, 08:11 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,217,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
Ironically a lot of gays don't even watch sports.
A lot of heterosexuals don't watch sports either. So what?

Old 04-11-2013, 08:13 PM

8,299 posts, read 8,611,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Bach View Post
Sorry but I was. Call me a babe in the woods if you want but I just can't get a handle on this modern world...It reminds me of the last time I was on earth and had to sit in that stupid Roman arena...lol.
Yes, you are definitely a babe in the woods if you don't think of professional sports as a major source of heterosexual debauchery.

Old 04-11-2013, 08:15 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,217,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Book Lover View Post
Why do they need to announce what their sexual orientation is? They are sports players so play sports! Sheesh...it just seems people are asking to be harassed and bothered,its their choice but it seems like people are just asking for drama where none is needed.
Every time a sports player thanks their spouse in a speech, they are announcing their sexuality.
Every time a sports player goes to an event with their spouse, they are announcing their sexuality.
Every time a sports player is caught fooling around on his spouse, they are announcing their sexuality.
Every time a sports player is shown with their latest girlfriend/wife, they are announcing their sexuality.

Does it bother you when THOSE players announce their sexuality?

Old 04-11-2013, 08:16 PM

18,630 posts, read 19,427,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
Every time a sports player thanks their spouse in a speech, they are announcing their sexuality.
Every time a sports player goes to an event with their spouse, they are announcing their sexuality.
Every time a sports player is caught fooling around on his spouse, they are announcing their sexuality.
Every time a sports player is shown with their latest girlfriend/wife, they are announcing their sexuality.

Does it bother you when THOSE players announce their sexuality?
Because they're normal. Just because some choose to be abnormal doesn't mean society has to cater to it

Old 04-11-2013, 08:19 PM

8,299 posts, read 8,611,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
Because they're normal. Just because some choose to be abnormal doesn't mean society has to cater to it
Oh yeah. Real normal.
Attached Thumbnails
Gay Agenda: Major Sports Leagues Prepare For the ‘I’m Gay’ Disclosure-screen-shot-2013-04-11-9.50.17  

Old 04-11-2013, 08:21 PM

288 posts, read 230,916 times
You got a point. I still just don't see WHY they would want the attention its going to bring. I am not saying they are wrong. I won't look at them in any different light but it just seems bizarre to me why they would do it knowing the negativity they are going to receive...I think people just need to chill on both sides...they are just people! The (mostly) christian right are going ape**** over it and the (mostly) liberal left is all for them flaunting it. Can't we just let them be normal people? Why must we make a sideshow out of it all? I consider myself a libertarian and to be honest its taken me a few years to be able to realize I don't care what gay folks do. One of my best friends is a female who is gay. She has 2 sons so obviously she wasn't before but I haven't met her girlfriend yet but she is bringing her to my youngest daughters bday in 2 weeks and I am fine with it...I still stare some because its like weird to me kind of odd and fascinating lol...I know its rude to stare but its just me I guess...its not something I grew up around.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies