Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-12-2013, 08:31 AM

142 posts, read 120,930 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torpedos View Post
i am straight. i need to tell people that. please... the sport folks might have a hard time knowing that a gay guy is in the same shower. doesnt mean the gay guy is going to be looking at them, but the stigma is there. if you put me in a shower with all women i promise not to look...... trust me.... i will not look....trust me.
Newsflash -- if they're not out, they're still in the showers.

Everyone knows that (well, I guess everyone except you), including professional athletes. And I've heard plenty of interviews with ex-professional athletes in team sports who stated that it was widely suspected/known that certain teammates were gay. So, the athletes do know they are showering with gays.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-12-2013, 08:51 AM

17,842 posts, read 14,391,265 times
Do you realise that by that definition, your posts show that you are not 'normal'.

Old 04-12-2013, 08:56 AM

17,842 posts, read 14,391,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
Yeah, they are really pushing it lately. I hope they are ready for the big push back because pretty much everyone I know is sick of hearing about Gay people.
I'm sick of hearing the whining about gay people from anti-gay people.

Old 04-12-2013, 09:18 AM

32,516 posts, read 37,194,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moreau36 View Post
Here is a simple question. How does a story like this turn to a political wrestling match? I mean, no offense, but it's quite frankly disgusting. At least show respect to all parties involved, congratulate the players and move on.
In a perfect world the men would not even have to group together to come out. They'd not feel the need for mutual support.

We don't live in a perfect world.

The uber-conservatives will make a MUCH bigger deal out of this than anyone else, Democrats included. We'll hear about Jesus and sin and how it's a sign the entire country is doomed to some horrible fate. My guess is we'll hear the loudest howling from people who wouldn't know first base from a first down. The head exploding will be fun to watch simply because those people will no longer have control over the players who come out. The anti-gay zealots have had a certain amount of power over the LGBT community. It's going to be gratifying watching them loose their power. Additional fun will come when all the "I'm not gay! Those guys are disgusting!" types start giving the details of gay sex. That's always..... interesting.

Meanwhile the true sports fans are going to rally behind their favorite player, who they just found out is gay, because.... he's their favorite player. And he makes the team better.

Old 04-12-2013, 09:21 AM

10,564 posts, read 12,825,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torpedos View Post
i am straight. i need to tell people that. please... the sport folks might have a hard time knowing that a gay guy is in the same shower. doesnt mean the gay guy is going to be looking at them, but the stigma is there. if you put me in a shower with all women i promise not to look...... trust me.... i will not look....trust me.
Sure...stick me in a shower with a bevy of beautiful woman and I will not even take a glance. If I were aware that the guy next to me in an open shower was gay - I would feel extremely uncomfortable. BUT I have never had that problem...I have never used public showers...I take baths...showers are for soldiers- I am a gentleman.

Old 04-12-2013, 09:25 AM

5,719 posts, read 6,450,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Bach View Post
Sure...stick me in a shower with a bevy of beautiful woman and I will not even take a glance. If I were aware that the guy next to me in an open shower was gay - I would feel extremely uncomfortable. BUT I have never had that problem...I have never used public showers...I take baths...showers are for soldiers- I am a gentleman.
Gays have been discriminated against for so long that any possible peeks would be reparations.

Old 04-12-2013, 09:26 AM

4,783 posts, read 3,302,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
Ironically a lot of gays don't even watch sports.
Ahh, but there are also a lot of gays that do watch sports, and there are a lot of gays that play sports. So of course it is all in how you define "a lot".

Old 04-12-2013, 09:34 AM

10,564 posts, read 12,825,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by juppiter View Post
Gays have been discriminated against for so long that any possible peeks would be reparations.
What are you talking about- 40 years ago there were a couple of gays in my neighborhood and we did not even have a title for them. It was just artsy Cecil and my friend Randy- who some how became a father at 14. We did not persecute them. In fact were were not even aware that they were supposed out casts. Discrimination only came about once the whole gay thing was politicized and enforced into popular culture. I really did not give it much thought back then. It was an era where sexuality was private and the proverbial closet was a comfortable living room. Those who unnecessarily push special interest agendas on people are going get discriminated against. Gay urban people back in the late 60s were just an interesting novelty they were not some pushy group supported by leftist nerds.

Old 04-12-2013, 09:38 AM

32,516 posts, read 37,194,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Bach View Post
Gay urban people back in the late 60s were just an interesting novelty they were not some pushy group supported by leftist nerds.
That's in Canada?

In the United States gay urban people were subject to getting the crap beat out of them by people who hated them for what they were.

Old 04-12-2013, 09:40 AM

4,412 posts, read 3,961,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
That's fantastic.
Don't you mean, That's Fabulous
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies