Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-14-2013, 03:33 PM

1,963 posts, read 1,823,482 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mb1547 View Post
Congress doesn't need to ban anything from public facilities--it's covered in the constitution. The reason those protections are there is so that no single group can force their beliefs on the rest of us. You said yourself--you'd be upset if your child participated in Muslim prayers. How is this different?

The truth is that because you're a Christian, you don't think this is a big deal. If the tables were turned you'd be screaming. Thankfully there are people in the world like the ACLU (and the SCOTUS) that see the bigger picture and the negative ramifications of doing the things you propose.

Christians want fairness, they just want things to be more fair for them.

Old 04-14-2013, 03:33 PM

24,488 posts, read 41,150,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by k.smith904 View Post
Its 2013, and you're attempting to debate me while claiming an angel/demon is speaking through me.

Appalling.
You're expecting too much intelligence. Keep in mind that they are brainwashed.

Old 04-14-2013, 03:35 PM

1,963 posts, read 1,823,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJBest View Post
You're expecting too much intelligence. Keep in mind that they are brainwashed.
Is it really so much to expect though? To just talk to someone and have them NOT believe in magic?

I suppose so...

86,052 posts, read 84,509,263 times
Quote:
Congress doesn't need to ban anything from public facilities--it's covered in the constitution. The reason those protections are there is so that no single group can force their beliefs on the rest of us. You said yourself--you'd be upset if your child participated in Muslim prayers. How is this different?

The truth is that because you're a Christian, you don't think this is a big deal. If the tables were turned you'd be screaming. Thankfully there are people in the world like the ACLU (and the SCOTUS) that see the bigger picture and the negative ramifications of doing the things you propose.
You think being handed a book vs being taken to a mosque and praying to Allah is the same ?

I do not see them as the same thing.

Being taken to a Catholic Church and praying to God is the same thing as being taken to a Mosque and praying to Allah.

Being handed a Bible and being handed a Koran is the same thing.

15,080 posts, read 14,329,746 times
Quote:
Trust me, he is awake and speaking through the mouths of people like you.
Lol! It BUUUUUURNS!

Old 04-14-2013, 03:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Yeah..prior to 1963 public schools were a mess with out of controls students all due to prayers being said in the morning.
It wasn't a mess. It was just stupid. You said in your previous post about you weren't happy with school led prayer towards Allah. This is the same thing.

Old 04-14-2013, 03:39 PM

Quote:
Is it really so much to expect though? To just talk to someone and have them NOT believe in magic?

I suppose so...
Yes. These folks are not true Christians following the teachings of Christ. They are brainwashed by the church. They are unable to think for themselves. This is why they can enforce their territorial beliefs of Christianity, while ignoring the teachings of the Lord & Savior, Jesus Christ, and still call themselves Christians. It's absurd.

Old 04-14-2013, 03:39 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,509,263 times
Quote:

I already posted I would not complain about books or brochures.
But I would complain about being taken by school to a church and participating in their religious rites.
And I posted that as well.

Brochures and books are just that..reading material.
No one is preaching, no one is signing anyone up for services, no one is there baptizing people.
And I'm sure the Gideon folks weren't shoving and forcing the kids to take the Bibles.

There are people fearful of any display of religious icons in any form. OK, I get it.

Old 04-14-2013, 03:40 PM

10,092 posts, read 8,207,970 times
Quote:
Christians want fairness, they just want things to be more fair for them.
I'm a Christian too, but we're the "Jesus taught love and compassion" variety. I don't think my beliefs should be shoved down anyone else's throat, and to be perfectly honest, there's a lot of so called "Christians" that I don't want influencing my kids either--the anti-science, God hates gay people, women should be submissive variety need keep that garbage to themselves. If I wanted my children taught that belief system I'd do it myself.

Old 04-14-2013, 03:40 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,651,295 times
Quote:
Its 2013, and you're attempting to debate me while claiming an angel/demon is speaking through me. Appalling.
Just telling you the intent of the 1st amendment. Apprarenly you had no clue. It is typical that you'd try to turn the conversation to me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies