Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-16-2013, 04:25 PM

20,868 posts, read 23,558,348 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evenstar51 View Post
We have just suffered an unspeakable act of terrorism; if President Obama went, the RW would scream to the heavens that he's deserting America in a time of need. The delegation appointed is comprised of well-respected (for some) senior officials who knew and worked with her, which is fitting. President Obama has enough to deal with to take the time to make such a trip. Myself, I'd prefer that he remain here to deal with Boston, North Korea, etc.
^^^^^this. Great post and so true.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2013, 04:31 PM

13,887 posts, read 13,673,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooseketeer View Post
I know that. I live here. But to me as a Republican Cameron is my Head of State as I do not really recognise the Monarchy as a valid system of governance. So yes Queenie is strictly Head of State. But Cameron is the one who inflicts his policies and actually has the real power politically....

He is the one pulling all the strings and whose party is responsible for the daily life of 60 million people. And in my eyes Merkel is also Head of State of Germany not Joachim Gauck. Not the correct legalistic term but what I consider a Head of State.

I think you knew what I meant anyway. Just playing the semantics game it seems. Thatcher was the one who brought Britain to its knees she should be considered the one who was the Head of the country.
I guess that's why Britons fled in droves to avoid 90% tax, but started trickling back when Thatcher changed that.

Yes, she hated parasites. So does any decent person.

Old 04-16-2013, 04:33 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,779,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lol-its-good4U View Post
I don't look at this as about one political party or another, I see it as someone that was supposed to do the correct thing here and attend himself imo.
Here's the guest list:

Nancy Reagan: Just says no to Thatcher funeral; George Bush also won't attend | MyCentralJersey.com | mycentraljersey.com

A lot of "former" leaders.

Old 04-16-2013, 04:43 PM

46,963 posts, read 25,998,208 times
Quote:
Agreed! Obama is not going because he can't profit for himself imo.
I have no idea what idea of mine you think you're agreeing with.

Old 04-16-2013, 04:55 PM

7,685 posts, read 6,197,456 times
My responses in RED meant in kind though it's spirited.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evenstar51 View Post
We have just suffered an unspeakable act of terrorism; OKAY YES!

if President Obama went, the RW would scream to the heavens that he's deserting America in a time of need. MAYBE YES MAYBE NO - but it hasn't stopped him in the past with other things.

The delegation appointed is comprised of well-respected (for some) senior officials who knew and worked with her, which is fitting. HAS BEENS! We're talking about a (cough-cough) current active leader to show class, (cough-cough) respect and representing the USA as an ally and good friend at the very least.

President Obama has enough to deal with to take the time to make such a trip. Yeah that's right it's a long trip (NOT!) but he had time to throw a party on the taxpayers dime at time of the sequester and we still had NK and forgotten Benghazi.

Myself, I'd prefer that he remain here to deal with Boston, North Korea, etc.

He doesn't really care for others imo and doesn't deal with anything other than appeasing himself while being the un-transparent liar, golfer and party thrower in chief. How is he dealing with Benghazi (yes I hear the birds chirping in the background) as it will eventually be with this awful happening in Boston sadly. He makes people wonder and it's because he wants the convenience of changing his lies and have that escape hatch.

Old 04-16-2013, 04:59 PM

7,685 posts, read 6,197,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
I have no idea what idea of mine you think you're agreeing with.
I now forgot - but believe me if I said I agreed I agreed!

Old 04-16-2013, 05:40 PM

5,767 posts, read 5,015,996 times
Quote:
My responses in RED meant in kind though it's spirited.
The rest of your comments don't show, but I'll wing it. A delegation of four high-level people who knew her and worked with her is sufficient. Which current dignitary would suffice? Certainly the Ambassador to England will attend.
There are RW posters all over the forum with complaints that Obama hasn't or won't do enough about the Boston attacks and national security; to suggest otherwise is nonsensical. Of course, some are complaining that he's done too much, somtimes simultaneously.
President Obama oozes class...RW people either don't recognize it when they see it or they're aware of it and hate him for it, lacking any iota of it themselves.

Old 04-16-2013, 05:50 PM

9,437 posts, read 7,370,953 times
Obamas probably just trying to save money, all those separate vacations for him and his wife don't come cheap.

Old 04-16-2013, 05:54 PM

2,539 posts, read 4,087,650 times
Default Margaret Thatcher Funeral - No US Head of State attending.

As usual the A-Hole white house administration will be insulting the American public by not having any official Americans representing us attending the funeral.

Old 04-16-2013, 06:00 PM

5,872 posts, read 8,095,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Bach View Post
This is a huge diplomatic blunder. The Brits will remember this. Obama had no problem providing aid for the Muslim Brotherhood in Egypt...but what do you expect of this peasant prince. If they are smart they had better send someone....England is the mother land of America whether you like it or not. Intelligent leaders respect the left and the right..Liberal bias should not come into play when it comes to international relations. Never under estimate the power and influence of the British right and might.

LOL. Haters gonna hate.

We fought a war over being a part of England, and if you're such a British Empire lover....see ya!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies