Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-17-2013, 01:46 PM

10,581 posts, read 9,785,325 times

Advertisements

Any influence by man on Global Warming, has no factual backing whatsoever.

In truth, climates frequently change.

Sometimes the climate gets warmer.

And sometimes it gets colder.

That's been going on for as long as the planet has been orbiting the Sun. Or, as long as it's had a climate, at least.

And man has never had the slightest influence on it.

Even the leftist loons who scream about how we have to use government to change everything, go back to the stone age, etc., to prevent some unknown catastrophe, have never been able to come up with even ONE study or example that backs up their claims.

What's funny is that, when they do name some study, it invariably turns out to be nothing but a bunch of long-winded claims which, finally, refer to some other "study" for proof. And what is in that other "study"? You guessed it - more long-winded claims, and eventually a reference to yet another study. And you can guess what is in that one, too.

The leftist global-whatever loons have been insisting on impending doom, and the urgent need to give government massive powers to change every bit of our lives to "avoid" that doom, for at least 40 years by my count. Literally billions of dollars have changed hands - usually into their hands - all over the world. And they still haven't come up with one shred of proof that man has had the least bit of influence on the climate changes that happen regularly around us. Nor is there any proof that man can do anything to change it.

***40 YEARS*** of screaming, caterwauling, and doomsaying. All without the slightest proof. Just references to references to references, ad infinitum. And demands that they be given complete power over all of us, to change what they cannot change.

Is this a record?

Old 04-17-2013, 01:48 PM

3,423 posts, read 3,214,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Hansen held a very high position and his name was at the top of papers that have been shown to be, and I will be nice here, flawed.
Was Hansen wrong here?

Looks like he got it pretty close to me. In contrast, look how far off Easterbrook and Lindzen were.

Old 04-17-2013, 01:59 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,210,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by orogenicman View Post
Was Hansen wrong here?
Yes, he was.

Hansen himself admits he was wrong.

Alarmist Hansen Admits Temperatures Not Following Predictions | Heartlander Magazine

Old 04-17-2013, 02:00 PM

3,038 posts, read 2,514,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little-Acorn View Post
***40 YEARS*** of screaming, caterwauling, and doomsaying. All without the slightest proof. Just references to references to references, ad infinitum. And demands that they be given complete power over all of us, to change what they cannot change.

Is this a record?
The doomsayers have been around a lot longer than 40 years.

In 1700 B.C. We were told we were running out of copper. Toolmakers, without government interference, switched from copper to iron. Better tools were made and copper is plentiful today.

In 550 B.C. The Greeks were worried about running out of forests. Shipbuilders, without government interference, switched to a new design that used less wood and made better boats. Greece is well forested today.

In 1798 we were overpopulating and were going to run out of food. New farming technologies were invented without government interference, and the earth supports billions more people today than in 1798. The only people starving are denied food by government. Capitalist farmers provide enough to feed everyone.

I could literally list hundreds of other "environmental disasters" that did not happen. From 1700 B.C. to acid rain to the swine flu scare. But I'm sure they are right about global warming. lols.

Old 04-17-2013, 02:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little-Acorn View Post
Any influence by man on Global Warming, has no factual backing whatsoever.
Except that it does. Do you think that cutting down the world's trees has no effect on our climate? Do you believe that emitting billions of tons of manmade GHGs into the atmosphere each year has no effect? At all? Really? Anyone with basic chemistry can refute your claim, dude.

Quote:
In truth, climates frequently change.

Sometimes the climate gets warmer.

And sometimes it gets colder.

That's been going on for as long as the planet has been orbiting the Sun. Or, as long as it's had a climate, at least.

And man has never had the slightest influence on it.
None? Really? And you base this claim on what, exactly?

Quote:
Even the leftist loons...
I rest my case.

Old 04-17-2013, 02:14 PM

14,292 posts, read 9,680,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the mask View Post
This would be hilarious if it weren't for the fact that these frauds are preventing this nation from becoming energy independent.

Climate scientists struggle to explain warming slowdown | Reuters
The climate is sooooo cool this year, we have a local furniture store with a huge sale going on. According to the commercials, the sale will last until the temp hits 60 degrees. The commercial asks customers if they are sick of summer, if so, take out their frustration by buying dicounted furniture, sick of the wether till sixty sale has been going on over a week now, with no end in sight.

Old 04-17-2013, 02:16 PM

Quote:
Except that it does. Do you think that cutting down the world's trees has no effect on our climate? Do you believe that emitting billions of tons of manmade GHGs into the atmosphere each year has no effect? At all? Really? Anyone with basic chemistry can refute your claim, dude.

I rest my case.
I see you found a graph that deleted the Medieval warming period as if it never existed, very scientificalistic of you.

Old 04-17-2013, 02:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
So what? This is not news. If you understood anything about the scientific process, you would understand that nothing is static. He was wrong about one thing. So what? His graph, above, is consistent with what others have found, and with the temperature data. Did he predict that global temperatures would moderate slightly over the last 8 years? No. But then, neither did anyone else, including climate deniers (who, by the way, have yet to produce a single page of original data). Does this issue refute global warming? No.

But he is also wrong, IMHO, about the explanation he gave in the article you posted. The reason the temperatures have moderated slightly over the past 8 years is because ocean circulations have changed and caused warm surface waters to be drawn into the deep ocean. That has somewhat moderated the atmosphere. But that warm water will not stay down there forever. It will rise back up in a couple of years (in places, it has already started to do so), and when it does, it will add to already abnormal global temperatures, and so the warming will not only continue, but increase. This is my prediction for the next ten years, but others have said the same thing. Stay tuned.

Again, global warming is about long term trends, not short-term variations.

Old 04-17-2013, 02:23 PM

10,581 posts, read 9,785,325 times
Quote:

Quote:
I rest my case.
Rest in peace.

Old 04-17-2013, 02:24 PM

Quote:
So what? This is not news. If you understood anything about the scientific process, you would understand that nothing is static. He was wrong about one thing. So what? His graph, above, is consistent with what others have found, and with the temperature data..
Your graph is a joke, it shows no Little Ice-Age at all, the Medieval Warming Period looks exactly the same as the LIA.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies