Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-20-2013, 10:15 PM

4,426 posts, read 5,921,371 times

Advertisements

christians: "we will pack up our toys and go home"

grow up

Old 04-20-2013, 10:18 PM

33,572 posts, read 18,177,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDragonslayer View Post
Exactly. I did not go, not because I was gay, but because we were very poor and my mom could not afford to have us boys go. But I did adapt many of its principles that I still carry on with today. I went to the library and looked up books on the scouts and what they did in their activities. I tried to be a good scout on my own, I went out camping on my own and went into the woods practicing wood craft. I learned to make a homemade bow and arrows, how to tie different knots. Learned how to bank and make a fire, gut a fish and cook it. One thing I enjoyed and still do is doing a good deed like helping someone in need, like a flat tire, or donated yard work to a senior citizen, walking them across a busy intersection safely. I never got the comradery, or accolations or badges. But I learned how to be a good person and do it with a smile. I am still a good person and am damn proud of it and my sexuality is not a moral issue any more than that of a straight person. It is what one does to their fellow man that matters and that means all people, not just those one chooses to accept.
if there is no God there is no good.. so how can you be good?

Old 04-20-2013, 10:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Bach View Post
Every time you consider your body an evil thing in so far as your reproductive organs are concerned - God does not kill a kitten - God would really like to kill you but just can't be bothered with the foolish.
YOu don't get it.. satan is the killer.

Old 04-20-2013, 10:20 PM

10,564 posts, read 12,827,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDragonslayer View Post
Exactly. I did not go, not because I was gay, but because we were very poor and my mom could not afford to have us boys go. But I did adapt many of its principles that I still carry on with today. I went to the library and looked up books on the scouts and what they did in their activities. I tried to be a good scout on my own, I went out camping on my own and went into the woods practicing wood craft. I learned to make a homemade bow and arrows, how to tie different knots. Learned how to bank and make a fire, gut a fish and cook it. One thing I enjoyed and still do is doing a good deed like helping someone in need, like a flat tire, or donated yard work to a senior citizen, walking them across a busy intersection safely. I never got the comradery, or accolations or badges. But I learned how to be a good person and do it with a smile. I am still a good person and am damn proud of it and my sexuality is not a moral issue any more than that of a straight person. It is what one does to their fellow man that matters and that means all people, not just those one chooses to accept.
Well spoken...myself- I was an immigrants son - I could not tie the knots and they actually kicked me out of Scouts...I lasted a couple of days...I feel it was not about my ability but about the fact that back in that day I was considered undesirable because they considered me a foreigner. I am glad that they did not want me...,I grew up in the beauty of nature and did just fine on my own with my friends...So you were raised by a single mother? If that is the case do you think this had any effect in the formation of your sexuality?

Old 04-20-2013, 10:20 PM

18,420 posts, read 19,036,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
people do not need god to know right from wrong or to be good people.

Old 04-20-2013, 10:22 PM

147 posts, read 113,409 times
I read this entire thread and many people aren't being honest at all. People keep stating homosexual men like men and not boys, but is this really true?

By the same token, can we really say that heterosexual men only like women and not girls? Ok let me clarify. A heterosexual man likes attractive girls and women. He is not going to distinguish between whether she is 14, 15 and 16. Recall that program with Stone Phillips, "Catch a Predator." Those men weren't trying to sleep with young 5 or 6 year olds, but they were sexually interested in young teenage girls, because they found them sexually appealing.

Now, my point is, there will be a number of homosexual males as well, that will find attractive 14, 15 and 16 year old teenage boys sexually appealing. I find it strange that many people seem to overlook this. The very nature of a homosexual is attraction to the same sex, so how can you deny this?

Are you really telling me that homosexual males do not find "hot" teenage boys attractive, because I have news for you, many do and such attractions may very well lead to them making sexual advances. Will they always act out on their attractions, probably not, but some will definitely take advantage, just as some heterosexual males take advantage of young girls.

BSA knows this, that's why they don't want to officially open the doors to homosexual males.

Old 04-20-2013, 10:23 PM

24,488 posts, read 41,157,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
people do not need god
Clarified.

Old 04-20-2013, 10:24 PM

32,079 posts, read 15,081,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
People don't have to believe in god to be good. I know extremely good people that don't believe in god. Yet these people help the homeless and do other good things because they want to help their fellow man. Why do they have to believe in god to be good?

Old 04-20-2013, 10:34 PM

11,269 posts, read 11,037,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimberly_Allen View Post
A homosexual's identity is based on their sexual practices. They choose to engage in homosexual lifestyles. Even if they have urges, they have free will. They do not have to act on it.
Some people enjoy going through life blind and ignorant. I truly hope your guys' children turn out okay as they enter adulthood and respect their fellow man. If they do, it's not because of what you taught them, but purely in spite of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
[/b]

It's not a choice, it's how people are born. Do you honestly think people would choose to be ostracized and abused if they could prevent it.
Fundamentalists don't think like that Natalie. You have to have empathy and compassion to do so. That's not in their list of traits.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gibbsnm View Post
This thread is just...wow, there are no words strong enough to describe the level of crazy in here. The ignorant, hateful words in this thread have literally given me a headache. I can't believe people actually believe this nonsense. Constantly screaming about god and the bible and bashing gay people only serves to make you look deranged, unbalanced, uneducated, and perpetually angry. Some of you seem to be nearly foaming at the mouth rabid with your religious talk and bible thumping. You claim that gay people are sick and evil, yet you are the ones promoting hate. You are completely blinded by your own hatred and can't even see beyond it. The only evil I see here is coming from fundamentalists who use their religion as an excuse to hate and demean anybody and everybody who is different from them.
Hell, if you're really daring you could hop on over to the religion forum. I advise sitting down with a stiff drink in hand.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by soanchorless View Post
I would advise people to just ignore this person. You can't reason with this type of ignorance. It will die out eventually in this country. Thank Jesus!

The reality is that people like this are afraid to use their critical thinking skills because they fear that it is satan...and they don't want to burn in hell. I've been there. Thankfully, I wasn't a complete coward.
Isn't it truly mindnumbing in today's age? It doesn't phase them though. In their minds, they'll be sitting with Jesus in Heaven while watching all of us heathens burn in eternal hellfire.

Old 04-20-2013, 10:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
people do not need god to know right from wrong or to be good people.
When God is removed you will find out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies