Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-20-2013, 10:42 PM

18,420 posts, read 19,036,217 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
When God is removed you will find out.

so cryptic

there are MILLIONS of people who live good lives, contributing to society that do not believe in god. god and religion were invented to keep the stupid and afraid in line

Old 04-20-2013, 10:45 PM

33,572 posts, read 18,177,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
People don't have to believe in god to be good. I know extremely good people that don't believe in god. Yet these people help the homeless and do other good things because they want to help their fellow man. Why do they have to believe in god to be good?
YOU don't get it either. Because we are all made in the image of God.. yet satan has rule of many and hates for anyone to love God.. if you don't love God , there is only one other alternative.. satan..if you renounce God , satan has control over you and your mind and your spirit and your life. YOu have no protection from the evil one.

Old 04-20-2013, 10:45 PM

37,143 posts, read 42,240,055 times
Christians aren't going to do anything since they are gay too. Some can't admit it, to everyone's detriment, but it's the truth. If they "start their own thing" they will deal with the exact same issues. I don't know why people think wrapping something up in the "Christian" label is ever going to make something better. It hasn't yet.

Old 04-20-2013, 10:47 PM

6,414 posts, read 10,497,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimberly_Allen View Post
Unlike gays, blacks had a moral authority to want equal rights in the U.S. I teach my children that it's all about the content of character, not the color of one's skin.

A homosexual's identity is based on their sexual practices. They choose to engage in homosexual lifestyles. Even if they have urges, they have free will. They do not have to act on it.
You saying that if we avoid the urge to have gay sex, be celibate, that then it is okay to be gay? Dumb.

Old 04-20-2013, 10:53 PM

11,269 posts, read 11,037,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDragonslayer View Post
You saying that if we avoid the urge to have gay sex, be celibate, that then it is okay to be gay? Dumb.
YES! That's the way the fundamentalist Christian mind works. So simple, yes?!

Old 04-20-2013, 10:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gibbsnm View Post
Nobody should have to hide who they are to keep from making you (or anyone else) uncomfortable. Who cares if you don't like it? I don't need to ask 100 black people anything. I AM an intelligent black person, and I think for myself. What gives you the audacity to tell me what intelligent black people think when I happen to be one myself? Your arrogance is right up there with your ignorance. Again, stop trying to speak for other people. If you don't think discrimination is wrong, then you certainly should not have brought Dr. King into this conversation. In case you weren't aware, he was not an advocate of discrimination.
Wished I could rep you again. Well said and true.

Old 04-20-2013, 11:00 PM

1,201 posts, read 1,925,848 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KeyLimePie2015 View Post
I read this entire thread and many people aren't being honest at all. People keep stating homosexual men like men and not boys, but is this really true?

By the same token, can we really say that heterosexual men only like women and not girls? Ok let me clarify. A heterosexual man likes attractive girls and women. He is not going to distinguish between whether she is 14, 15 and 16. Recall that program with Stone Phillips, "Catch a Predator." Those men weren't trying to sleep with young 5 or 6 year olds, but they were sexually interested in young teenage girls, because they found them sexually appealing.

Now, my point is, there will be a number of homosexual males as well, that will find attractive 14, 15 and 16 year old teenage boys sexually appealing. I find it strange that many people seem to overlook this. The very nature of a homosexual is attraction to the same sex, so how can you deny this?

Are you really telling me that homosexual males do not find "hot" teenage boys attractive, because I have news for you, many do and such attractions may very well lead to them making sexual advances. Will they always act out on their attractions, probably not, but some will definitely take advantage, just as some heterosexual males take advantage of young girls.

BSA knows this, that's why they don't want to officially open the doors to homosexual males.
So we need to ban men from being high school/middle school teachers and sponsoring/coaching any activities with females of that age range? If not, then I don't want to hear this argument. It's homophobic. Most people are not going to rape underage people, period, homosexuals and heterosexuals alike.

Old 04-20-2013, 11:02 PM

Quote:
if there is no God there is no good.. so how can you be good?
God does not make one good, just look at all the hate you and other posters are spreading around and you claim to have god on your side. I have had christian friends that know that I do not believe in god say that I am a better christian in my ways than many they know who claim to be good christians. I do not spread hate, I do not condone violence on others like Kimberly does. I live my life by the golden rule, I treat others as I would want to be treated and do not expect or demand that others comply with my way.

Old 04-20-2013, 11:03 PM

33,572 posts, read 18,177,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDragonslayer View Post
YOU are not a true man.. fact.

Old 04-20-2013, 11:06 PM

11,269 posts, read 11,037,507 times
Quote:
YOU are not a true man.. fact.
He seems to be a lot more of a true man than you do a true Christian.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies