Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-21-2013, 04:31 PM

33,585 posts, read 37,221,484 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimberly_Allen View Post
If speaking out against homosexuality and welcoming morality is classifed as homophobic, SO BE IT! I believe the boy scouts have a right to ban homosexuality, because the organization is not about sex, it's about camping.

If homosexual boys want to celebrate their lifestyle, let them start their own organization, why ruin it for everyone.
Sex, sex, sex, seems to be all you bigots ever think about...I guess heterosexuals should be banned too, after all they also have and talk about sex, and fundies such as yourself are absolutely obsessed with it...You are spreading fear simply because you are ignorant...The vast majority of pedophiles are straight males...Better ban straight males from the BSA as well, don't you think?....Hell, we had better just lock our kids up and keep them in the house...No church (pedophiles there) no school (pedophiles there), no boys or girls clubs, (pedophiles there too)

Old 04-21-2013, 04:34 PM

24,488 posts, read 41,208,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimbochick View Post
Oh for pity's sake, not all men are sexual predators, be they straight or gay.
That is what is being argued here. Take a look at this guy below:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam_Green_50 View Post
You won't admit that if you see a 16 year old girl who is busty and curvy at the mall with a tight top and short shorts that you don't at least glance her way.
He is trying to imply that his predatory thoughts are the norm and that everyone would act on it. He doesn't realize that he's the exception and in need of help.

People like this think that everyone is a sexual predator. It's sad, really.

Old 04-21-2013, 04:36 PM

10,942 posts, read 10,277,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJBest View Post

He is trying to imply that his predatory thoughts are the norm and that everyone would act on it. He doesn't realize that he's the exception and in need of help.

Pathetic that City Data allows those with predatory thoughts towards children to be members here.

Old 04-21-2013, 04:36 PM

33,585 posts, read 37,221,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
YOur answer makes no sense. Homosexuality is unnatural. Next pedophilia will be accepted under tolerance.. Nambla is working on that under the guise of the same format.. equality.
The lies you bigots spread are disgusting...I'm only half way through this thread and already I feel like I need a shower.

Old 04-21-2013, 04:37 PM

709 posts, read 599,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
Men can and do cook and sew. My dad was a straight Sgt. Maj. in the Marines, he cooked all the time, and did a better job than my mom did.

There are also rules in the boy and girl scouts that an adult is never allowed to be alone with any child except their own. Always 2 adults, and the kids use the buddy system.
The job doesn't interest me in the least bit. I don't know any men personally who it would either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJBest View Post

Just being honest...I have nothing to gain by getting my rocks of watching Richard get dressed!

Old 04-21-2013, 04:41 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,259,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam_Green_50 View Post
Who would want to be. I don't know any men who do/would. Too much can happen, and you are putting yourself at a risk you don't need to take. What do straight manly men know about being a GS leader anyway? Gonna teach them how to cook and sew? Get real...
Men volunteer because too many other men are sitting on their butts. It's the same reason women volunteer to be baseball and soccer coaches.

People have kids, sign them up for activities, then don't do a thing to help. They don't drive their kids to practice. They don't sign up to be troop leaders. They don't do diddly squat.

The same men sitting at home on their butts then make rude comments about the people who are actually out there helping kids grow and learn and become successful adults. Or lie to each other at the corner bar about how much they're doing and how involved they are in their kids' lives.

BTW: Men sew. Men cook. Get real. It's 2013. 1956 is long gone.

Old 04-21-2013, 04:43 PM

2,085 posts, read 2,147,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KeyLimePie2015 View Post
It really is about conduct and that's why organizations need to put certain safety measures in place. I'm sure that many heterosexual men would not take advantage of young teenage girls, but some most certainly will, so certain measures were put in place by the girl scouts to ban men from taking girls out camping overnight.

It's perfectly within reason for the boy scouts to ban homosexual men from serving as leads over boy scout troops. The ban in place is to make certain that there are safety measures to guard against those who will engage in indecent behaviors.
It took me a while, but I actually see what he is saying. Its not about homosexuality being right or wrong or politics or gay marriage or anything else. Just from a logical standpoint, if some heterosexual men are attracted to teenage girls (which, realistically many, if not most are until they discover their real age) and a few bad apples may act on their attraction, then some homosexual men who may be attracted to teenage boys could conceivably act on their attractiveness and their unfettered access to the objects of their attraction. Now, I dont think this should factor heavily in the decision to allow homosexuals to become boyscout leaders, but you do have a point there, if the logic is applied equally to all men, homosexual and heterosexual.

Old 04-21-2013, 04:43 PM

2,463 posts, read 2,796,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikelee81 View Post
Christian parents aren't going to let their kids be involved with this. They'll just simply start their own thing.

And the boy scouts will be a mere shadow of what it was if it can still operate financially.

It used to be God and country, buy we've foolishly embraced humanism and evolution theology as fact. Therefore Sodomy becomes a race as opposed to an abomination.

So let the scouts die the death if that's the destiny they choose.

So be it. Let them eat the fruit of that decision alone.
Sorry, but militant Christians are not as powerful as you think. The boy scouts will survive, they will allow gay leaders, and people will forget about it.

Old 04-21-2013, 04:46 PM

4,373 posts, read 3,235,721 times
Taratova's "god" has 6 hours left to smite and strike me down lest he doesn't exist.

Such hate permeating from a zealot such as Taratova is not conducive of what this "god" of his teaches.

Old 04-21-2013, 04:46 PM

709 posts, read 599,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Men volunteer because too many other men are sitting on their butts. It's the same reason women volunteer to be baseball and soccer coaches.

People have kids, sign them up for activities, then don't do a thing to help. They don't drive their kids to practice. They don't sign up to be troop leaders. They don't do diddly squat.

The same men sitting at home on their butts then make rude comments about the people who are actually out there helping kids grow and learn and become successful adults. Or lie to each other at the corner bar about how much they're doing and how involved they are in their kids' lives.

BTW: Men sew. Men cook. Get real. It's 2013. 1956 is long gone.
I am real, and I'm also a former Scout. Pffffsst!

how to start a fire with steel wool - YouTube
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies