Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-24-2013, 08:30 PM

1,127 posts, read 904,360 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
I've never supported late-term abortions (except in dire medical need), nor have most people even within the pro-choice crowd. So if that's her only argument, I think she's preaching to the choir here.
You should not perform abortions in the 8th month.

OK, I'm convinced, time to close the thread
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-24-2013, 08:31 PM

23,654 posts, read 17,520,612 times
Quote:
I asked you for evidence and facts, which means actual STATISTICS from a NON-BIASED (nothing to do with abortion in either direction) source. If there really were survivors of legal abortions, that information would be available somewhere... maybe a national news syndicate, academic/peer-reviewed articles, the CDC, NIH, census bureau, etc? I just gave you a whole bunch of neutral sources to choose from, so pick one or two and see if you can find those stats. If you can ONLY find them on abortion-related sites, chances are they're not fact-based.

Got it now?? Or do I have to break it down even more, for you to understand the difference between evidence and hearsay?? Personal "accounts" don't mean much either, unless they have paperwork or something else to prove they were the result of a botched abortion. I can claim I survived falling off Mount Everest, but without photos or at least some eyewitness accounts and/or a paper-trail of the incident, you should rightfully question my honesty.

Once you can prove there is such a thing (abortion survivor), I will offer them all the sympathy and compassion that is within me - and that's actually a lot, as people who know me IRL could confirm.
I am sure they are out there but for some sceptics all the proof in the world won't convince them. There are medical mistakes each day, it's not hard to believe babies survive abortions when they are late abortions. Many states want to stop any late term abortions for that reason. But for these women and many others, they say the estimate is low, they were lucky.

Old 04-24-2013, 08:31 PM

30,357 posts, read 51,964,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
giana jessen is a stage name. lol the story of her "birth" is not verified
Just did a quick search, and you're right: At 17 years old and 7-1/2 months pregnant, Gianna Jessen’s biological mother arrived at a California abortion provider, Planned Parenthood, and had a saline abortion.

I asked for evidence of surviving LEGAL abortion, at least by US standards, and I'm pretty sure abortion @ 7.5 months is illegal in every US state. Try again, jenelle!

Old 04-24-2013, 08:33 PM

1,127 posts, read 904,360 times
Quote:
Just did a quick search, and you're right: At 17 years old and 7-1/2 months pregnant, Gianna Jessen’s biological mother arrived at a California abortion provider, Planned Parenthood, and had a saline abortion.

I asked for evidence of surviving LEGAL abortion, at least by US standards, and I'm pretty sure abortion @ 7.5 months is illegal in every US state. Try again, jenelle!
What about Burma or Somalia? Pretty sure it's legal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jolly Green Giant View Post
You should not perform abortions in the 8th month.

OK, I'm convinced, time to close the thread

Some late term abortionists do though. If they say it is for the health of the mother they do it. Health can sometimes be just depression in the mental health column.

Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
I am sure they are out there but for some sceptics all the proof in the world won't convince them. There are medical mistakes each day, it's not hard to believe babies survive abortions when they are late abortions. Many states want to stop any late term abortions for that reason. But for these women and many others, they say the estimate is low, they were lucky.
I am not a skeptic (usually quite the opposite), and you haven't even provided one shred of proof yet... so basically this is just your way of saying "I've got nothing." Thanks for proving my point!

If you still want to prove me wrong, I'll check back later to see if you've dug up any real evidence.

Old 04-24-2013, 08:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
giana jessen is a stage name. lol the story of her "birth" is not verified
Tell her that. She must have a reason for it. I will do what you do---where is the link?

Old 04-24-2013, 08:37 PM

Quote:
What about Burma or Somalia? Pretty sure it's legal
I have no idea... but obviously those aren't countries we need to emulate.

Old 04-24-2013, 08:39 PM

Quote:
She's convinced me that late term abortions are wrong, but then again, I thought they were wrong before I clipped on her stupid links.
Stupid survivors of abortion? Really? How sad.

Old 04-24-2013, 08:43 PM

Quote:
I am not a skeptic (usually quite the opposite), and you haven't even provided one shred of proof yet... so basically this is just your way of saying "I've got nothing." Thanks for proving my point!

If you still want to prove me wrong, I'll check back later to see if you've dug up any real evidence.
Please don't check back, you just want to argue and not really interested in these women and their stories of survival. Most people would be happy for them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies