Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-08-2013, 12:32 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,606,338 times

Advertisements

Thompson seems to be tap dancing around what he did/did not do.

Old 05-08-2013, 12:34 PM

10,581 posts, read 9,799,728 times
Default Consulate official Greg Hicks: Everyone at the mission knew it was a terrorist attack from the get-go

The American official who was 2nd in charge of the Benghazi consulate was asked if he knew where the information came from that the Benghazi attacks were merely a "demonstration that got out of hand" caused by a video. Did that idea come from the people at the consulate?

The official, Greg Hicks, replied, "everybody in the mission" believed it was an act of terror "from the get-go."

Five days after the attack, CBS was tryng to spread the word that the attacks were just a spontaneous development from demonstrations that had happened far away in Egypt. But then the President of Libya went on "Face the Nation" and said flatly that his government had "no doubt that this was pre-planned, predetermined."

Ten minutes later, our Ambassador Susan Rice went on the same show and repeated her story that the strike began "spontaneously" out of protests in Egypt and was not a premeditated terrorist act.

"I've never been as embarrassed in my life, in my career, as on that day," Hicks told investigators of Rice's appearances.

It's piling higher and deeper.

1.) Did the Obama administration withhold the reinforcements our diplomats kept begging for, to maintain his false story that Al Qaeda no longer mattered?

2.) And when Al Qaeda planned and executed this attack on our consulate, killing Ambassador Stevens and three other Americans, did Obama concoct the tale about "spontaneous protests" to keep the false story going even longer, so he would get more votes in the Nov. 2012 election three weeks later?

----------------------------------------------

Benghazi "whistleblowers" head to House committee - CBS News

Benghazi "whistleblowers" head to House committee

by Lindsey Boerma /
CBS News/ May 8, 2013, 5:52 AM

Hoping to funnel into one chronological timeline the rampantly varying accounts of how President Obama's administration responded last Sept. 11 in the wake of an attack on a U.S. consulate in Benghazi, Libya, the House Oversight Committee on Wednesday will hear from three "whistleblowers" expected to offer testimony enormously at odds with the administration's characterization of a strike that killed four Americans.

Testifying are Mark Thompson, acting deputy assistant Secretary of State for counterterrorism; Greg Hicks, former deputy chief of mission in Libya; and Eric Nordstrom, former regional security officer in Libya. Excerpts of an interview Hicks did with investigators that were released to CBS News' "Face the Nation" on Sunday boomeranged the Benghazi politics back into the spotlight four months after hearings on the issue in the House and Senate.

According to Hicks, "everybody in the mission" believed it was an act of terror "from the get-go." But on Sept. 16 - five days after the attack - U.S. Ambassador to the United Nations Susan Rice hit the Sunday show circuit, peddling the theory that the strike began "spontaneously" out of protests in Egypt and was not a premeditated terrorist act. Rice's spot on "Face the Nation" that day was preceded by the new president of Libya, Mohammed al-Magariaf, who said his government had "no doubt that this was pre-planned, predetermined."

"I've never been as embarrassed in my life, in my career, as on that day," Hicks told investigators of Rice's appearances.

The top official in Libya after Amb. Chris Stevens died in the attack, Hicks said he was never consulted about the administration's talking points that puppeteered Rice's remarks: "I was personally known to one of Rice's staff members," he said. "Even on Sunday morning, I could have been called, and, you know, the phone call could have been, 'Hey, Greg, Amb. Rice is going to say blah, blah, blah,' and I could have said, 'No, that's not the right thing.' That phone call was never made."

Old 05-08-2013, 12:44 PM

12,270 posts, read 11,349,526 times
What? You don't believe Hillary? (at 1:35, watch her pound her little fists...it convinced me )

Kicking Ass And Taking Names - Hillary Clinton is "Kicking Ass And Taking Names" - YouTube

Old 05-08-2013, 12:47 PM

28,971 posts, read 30,339,697 times
I am really angry, that none of the liberal biased Media is covering this story and telling the news on this, the only place I've seen it is on FOX News...unbelievable

Old 05-08-2013, 12:48 PM

29,618 posts, read 16,605,027 times
Chaffetz seems to be getting made that the whistle blowers arent giving him the answers he wants.

Old 05-08-2013, 12:50 PM

8,732 posts, read 6,792,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tasmtairy View Post
Me too!

The truth can really unravel things in a hurry and there is no way anyone can not believe those upstanding guys testifying. I think they have done an amazing job keeping their "cool", while it may come out later how "emotional", notice how the Dems keep saying that
They are using the word "emotional" as a reference to his state of mind and his ability to recall or to tell the truth. Why don't they just refer to the witnesses as being "unstable"?

Old 05-08-2013, 12:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
I am really angry, that none of the liberal biased Media is covering this story and telling the news on this, the only place I've seen it is on FOX News...unbelievable
both CNN and MSNBC covered it at its beginning and FOX is currently talking about Jodi Arias.

If have direct TV, so i have the "News mix" with 8 slit screens, so its understandable that you didnt see it while only watching one channel.

Old 05-08-2013, 12:54 PM

so, are republicans listening to Rep.Connolly ?

Old 05-08-2013, 12:54 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,606,338 times
LOL..Connolly called the President the "Prime Minister" twice until corrected
Guess he thinks he's living in Great Britain ?

Old 05-08-2013, 12:55 PM

12,270 posts, read 11,349,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilt11 View Post

This piece of ****! What a scumbag, jerk. Imagine if we responded to Sandy Hook or Boston attacks with such a callous, stupid, heartless piece of trash. Who the hell votes for this evil scum?
It's all about trying to save Hillary for 2016. Ironic, huh? She was the anointed one for 2008 till Obama blew her away. Then to save his election for 2012 she ends up sabotaging herself for 2016.

Yo libs, why does Obama always hide behind women?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies