Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-09-2013, 02:22 PM

20,892 posts, read 16,080,363 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Keegan View Post
In which of the other embassy attacks did the White house come forward with a story that was completely contradicted by the facts presented by the people who were there?
I must have missed something. Which of the "whistle blowers" who testified yesterday were there? Exactly?

Old 05-09-2013, 02:24 PM

7,214 posts, read 9,396,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
Any General knows and so does any soldier that you do not go out into a public platform and bad mouth the POTUS. And i was never in the military. As Commander and Chief would you have put up for it?
The neo-cons believe sedition and treason against President Obama is fully justified and to be encouraged.

Old 05-09-2013, 02:26 PM

30,065 posts, read 18,670,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
Oh I got it, you believe the issue is one of partisanship. Well, you are entitled to that opinion, I would be the last to tell you otherwise.

Apparently you did not watch the hearings on C-SPAN. EVERY democratic congressman (and women) were acting as Obama's defense lawyers and tried to discredit the witnesses or "explain" the attack as due to republican budget cuts. It was pathetic. Each and every democrat was only interested in protecting Obama and Hillary and asked very few, if any questions of the witnesses, but spent thier time "scolding" them.

WATCH THE HEARINGS.

Old 05-09-2013, 02:26 PM

37,972 posts, read 22,157,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by biggunsmallbrains View Post
Wow! That's a lot of explaining to come to the conclusion that Obama was responsible for 4 lives while Bush was responsible 100,000+ lives. I assume you passed 1st grade math?
small brains indeed - 'nuff said

Old 05-09-2013, 02:30 PM

Quote:
So every time anyone presents facts and asks questions about what is seen as wrongdoing by the administration, it's just a political cheap shot aimed at influencing an election?
What exactly is it about conservatives that renders them incapable of considering more than two options at a time? Can they not count higher than two?

No. Not every time. But since the election of Barack Obama, it has certainly become standard operating procedure for this particular Congress.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Keegan
Tell us, please, at what point are we allowed to question the actions of the administration without being labeled partisan hacks? Or do we need to just shut up and let them do whatever they want without daring to question at all?
You can question anything you want. But why question anything when it is crystal clear that you could not care one whit what the answers are? It renders your questions pointless, identifies your motives as dishonorable, and teaches the rest of us to dismiss you as unworthy of serious attention. If there ever does actually happen to be something needing investigation, you guys will never get it done.

Boy. Cry. Wolf.

Old 05-09-2013, 02:31 PM

Quote:
Yup, there it is. I'm seeing this change in the rhetoric more & more in the past day or two. "They were just incompetent, not dishonest."
Last day or two? Where have you been for months?

http://www.state.gov/documents/organization/202446.pdf

Old 05-09-2013, 02:33 PM

8,949 posts, read 12,138,894 times
It's pretty obvious that the Republicans are trying to manufacture a major incident when, in fact, a minor one occurred. Of course, it's tragic when lives are lost, and there should be a level of accountability.

However the manufactured outrage is absurd and most people realize this. It's the last gasp of a shrill minority part desperately trying to take down this president who beat them twice. I think they also see it (wrongly) as a preemptive strike against Hillary Clinton, who was one of the greatest SOS in history, and will likely be our next president.

You can't manufacture enough outrage or catastrophisize relatively minor issues to make a Republican win.

Old 05-09-2013, 02:33 PM

7,214 posts, read 9,396,200 times
So why did President Obama want Chris Stevens dead? Because he was gay?

Old 05-09-2013, 02:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
Any General knows and so does any soldier that you do not go out into a public platform and bad mouth the POTUS. And i was never in the military. As Commander and Chief would you have put up for it?
Further... it is a violation of the Uniform Code of Military Justice. It actually deserves jail time.

Quote:
� 888. Art. 88. Contempt toward officials

Any commissioned officer who uses contemptuous words against the President, the Vice President, Congress, the Secretary of Defense, the Secretary of a military department, the Secretary of Homeland Security, or the Governor or legislature of any State, Territory, Commonwealth, or possession in which he is on duty or present shall be punished as a court-martial may direct.

Old 05-09-2013, 02:37 PM

22,229 posts, read 17,858,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
Apparently you did not watch the hearings on C-SPAN. EVERY democratic congressman (and women) were acting as Obama's defense lawyers and tried to discredit the witnesses or "explain" the attack as due to republican budget cuts. It was pathetic. Each and every democrat was only interested in protecting Obama and Hillary and asked very few, if any questions of the witnesses, but spent thier time "scolding" them.

WATCH THE HEARINGS.
I did watch until it became totally obvious what they were about. When one of the Rebubs was questioning Hicks by asking a question and providing the answer, not even letting Hicks present his own answer... that kind of told me it was time to switch to General Hospital. I guess the questioner was afraid Hicks wouldn't stay on the approved list of answers or something.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies