Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-30-2013, 03:07 PM

33,587 posts, read 18,183,766 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saritaschihuahua View Post
I love that poem!
Yes, and many came here legally for a better life and worked hard because it was not a welfare state at that time.. and many still wait to come here legally.

Now if you want to go to Mexico and are an illegl they used to shoot them.. now they have so many coming here it looked kind of bad for the Mexicans to shoot those who came over their border.. so now they have rules to take any immigrants in that they have to prove they can work , are strong bodied and educated don't come to Mexico. Mexico has very high standards of who they will let in.

Give it time.. we will have the problems of the drug cartels and bodies being beheaded here.. just give it time and it will be just like in Mexico.

Old 04-30-2013, 03:09 PM

5,767 posts, read 5,018,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
You must miss much of what I post.. I said the infirm must be taken care off.. or do you just ignore what I say and post jibberish..

I've read the entire thread, actually. You spoke of illegals, and I quoted the immortal words that are on the Statue of Liberty. If that's "jibberish" to you, you're missing the whole point of America.

Old 04-30-2013, 03:21 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,028,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finley01 View Post
In America conservative used to mean balanced budgets, small government and individual liberty.
This is what the Tea Party seeks to restore.

Liberals hate this, which is why they attack the Tea Party.
\
Liberals are anti- balanced budgets, pro big governemt, and anti- individual liberty.

Old 04-30-2013, 03:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evenstar51 View Post
I've read the entire thread, actually. You spoke of illegals, and I quoted the immortal words that are on the Statue of Liberty. If that's "jibberish" to you, you're missing the whole point of America.
It is over your head.. do you want every poor person to come here illegally . Is that what you want? Hate to tell you this but we wouldn't be able to feed them all for a day.

Old 04-30-2013, 03:30 PM

Location: where people are either too stupid to leave or too stuck to move
3,982 posts, read 6,691,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
All of those have valid explanations other than being man-made.

The earth has been behaving cyclically in this manner for a long time before the people started burning fossil fuels.

What does your either/or comment have to do with climate change?
Because people seem to think you can't believe in science and god. I'm proof you can

Old 04-30-2013, 03:31 PM

8,560 posts, read 6,413,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
This is what the Tea Party seeks to restore.

Liberals hate this, which is why they attack the Tea Party.
\
Liberals are anti- balanced budgets, pro big governemt, and anti- individual liberty.
How do you know what "liberals hate"? Did somebody tell you what to think about liberals? How do you know that "liberals" as a group hate anything?

Btw, you might want to take closer look at your pastor. Seems he's trying to emulate Christ (as in Christian) by not hating people. I think I remember something about "hate the sin, not the sinner".......and anyone who is so partisan that they malign their pastor because he sees good in liberals, seriously needs to take another look at what religion they are following, is it Christianity or Politics?

Old 04-30-2013, 03:35 PM

196 posts, read 115,738 times
Quote:
Yes, and many came here legally for a better life and worked hard because it was not a welfare state at that time.. and many still wait to come here legally.

Now if you want to go to Mexico and are an illegl they used to shoot them.. now they have so many coming here it looked kind of bad for the Mexicans to shoot those who came over their border.. so now they have rules to take any immigrants in that they have to prove they can work , are strong bodied and educated don't come to Mexico. Mexico has very high standards of who they will let in.

Give it time.. we will have the problems of the drug cartels and bodies being beheaded here.. just give it time and it will be just like in Mexico.
Please!! Tell me who in the name of goodness would want to become a citizen of Mexico? Other than a few resort cities Mexico is a dump. I used to go to Juarez when I was stationed at Ft. Bliss Texas and we would go over there to party and give the kids a dollar and that was worth ten in Mexico. They followed us around like pet dogs.

Old 04-30-2013, 03:36 PM

7,300 posts, read 6,738,388 times
Quote:
Such tolerance from you and with judgement too. God still loves you..
What really is amazing is the degree of evil from right wing Christians, and the astounding narcissism with which they pretend to be good and holy.

8,560 posts, read 6,413,332 times
Quote:
It is over your head.. do you want every poor person to come here illegally . Is that what you want? Hate to tell you this but we wouldn't be able to feed them all for a day.
Btw, WHERE in the Bible does it tell you to hate "illegals"? Didn't Christ say "feed the hungry"? Seems your religion is only for those you like, and that YOU fear giving to others anything.

Additionally, is it good to have wet-foot/dry foot policy for Cubans but nothing like that for anyone else? Are you opposed to Cubans coming here and basically getting a "free ride" to become citizens? Is that the way you came here?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post
How do you know what "liberals hate"? Did somebody tell you what to think about liberals? How do you know that "liberals" as a group hate anything?

Btw, you might want to take closer look at your pastor. Seems he's trying to emulate Christ (as in Christian) by not hating people. I think I remember something about "hate the sin, not the sinner".......and anyone who is so partisan that they malign their pastor because he sees good in liberals, seriously needs to take another look at what religion they are following, is it Christianity or Politics?
Oh, stop with using the word of God.. support your lying president and who promotes sin .. who are you to spout bible verses...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies