Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-25-2016, 10:36 AM

18,462 posts, read 7,096,830 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
Why do you anti-union people hold so much jealousy towards union workers? Is it due to your personal insecurity or a lack of skills?

You're right...I'm jealous.

Jealous that I can't get paid more than I'm worth and do less work than I'm capable of in a non union job.

Actually, it's a good thing because I value my pride as much as my paycheck.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-25-2016, 11:32 AM

22,923 posts, read 15,500,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post

Jealous that I can't get paid more than I'm worth and do less work than I'm capable of in a non union job.

"Pride goeth before a fall"...let's hope it's a short drop my friend because while you're busily applauding the demise of your middle class others are busily plotting how they can end run you out of the equation. If you think that's not happening as you're writing on here; you are particularly deluded.

Old 04-25-2016, 01:02 PM

18,462 posts, read 7,096,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
"Pride goeth before a fall"...let's hope it's a short drop my friend because while you're busily applauding the demise of your middle class others are busily plotting how they can end run you out of the equation. If you think that's not happening as you're writing on here; you are particularly deluded.
I have no worries.

If I lose my current job I can find another because I developed a skill set in one of those occupations that, according to Left wing illegal immigrant apologists, "Americans won't do".

Funny thing is, I haven't seen many illegals who are skilled enough to be any threat to me either.

I've had the displeasure of working along side union members in the past and I can say unequivocally that they are the laziest bunch of sorry @ssed "that's not my job" people I've ever met.

Snowflakes every one of them.

Old 04-25-2016, 07:58 PM

7,473 posts, read 4,020,001 times
Quote:
I have no worries.

If I lose my current job I can find another because I developed a skill set in one of those occupations that, according to Left wing illegal immigrant apologists, "Americans won't do".

Funny thing is, I haven't seen many illegals who are skilled enough to be any threat to me either.

I've had the displeasure of working along side union members in the past and I can say unequivocally that they are the laziest bunch of sorry @ssed "that's not my job" people I've ever met.

Snowflakes every one of them.

Try working on the railroad tracks for a while FatBob............snowflakes melt pretty fast there......The lightest tool I used weighed 10 pounds.........

Old 04-25-2016, 08:02 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,554,711 times
Default Relax, chubs...

Quote:

Don't worry about a post I wrote three years ago.

Let this thread (the OP has been banned) return to its crypt.

Old 04-25-2016, 08:36 PM

22,632 posts, read 14,950,377 times
I am a union member.

Has nothing to do with wages.

My union makes sure management doesn't cheat us out of health insurance benefits, earned vacation days, or shortchanged on overtime we are requested to put in.

Old 04-25-2016, 09:08 PM

25,849 posts, read 16,540,341 times
I guess I don't understand people who sit around and worry about us union people. When I was non union I never gave unions a thought. When I took the job I've been in for close to 30 years I had no choice but to be union. It took me a while but then I understood why the union is a good thing.

Old 04-25-2016, 10:30 PM

38,645 posts, read 26,393,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertbrianbush View Post
Don't blame business, blame government? Seriously? Blame falls squarely on the shoulders if business. Business provides the jobs that are the lure for illegal immigration. And it pressures government to be lax on enforcement. Start arresting execs of companies, including those of the Fortune 500 variety, that hire illegals or allow contractors to and our illegal immigration issues will get fixed so fast your head will spin.

Business executives, like politicians and political organizations, are simply taking advantage of the voter`s collective stupidity, and the simple fact is that if they didn`t someone else would and run them out of business as a thank you for being so honorable.

The fault lies with us and this insane idea that everyone, no matter how ****ing dense and uninformed, should have the right to make decisions that impact the rest of us.

Old 04-27-2016, 03:49 PM

2 posts, read 750 times
I'm a public sector union employee. Never was a union employee before. I used to think that the union actually helped us with salary/benefits. Still undecided on that.

But when you work for a government entity - state or federal, your employer has just about absolute power, with or without the union. There are plenty of things for which a union cannot provide protection. I know this from personal experience.

Government is at its core, corrupt. No union can protect an individual employee from the grips of government's unethical behavior, or its enterprise corruption.

Who polices the state that mistreats employees? Who polices the federal government? Who exactly do they answer to?

The things we read about in the news about ethics, corruption, etc - are just a drop in the bucket. The behaviors of government entities on a daily basis - across the board, are unethical and unscrupulous. Anyone who believes otherwise is a fool.

Old 04-27-2016, 04:43 PM

5,772 posts, read 3,225,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
Are you that insecure about your ability that you think that without union support your labor isn't valued?

I am glad that I was instilled with the self confidence of knowing that I don't need someone to negotiate my worth for me.
I pay six hundred dollars a year so that I don't have to negotiate with management, their consultants and their lawyers alone. I have union lawyers and professional negotiators negotiating for me. The six hundred dollars is well worth it.

What is the real reason that you don't like unions?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies