Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-03-2013, 10:23 AM

3,353 posts, read 6,443,006 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioRules View Post
"Runaway Global Warming promises to literally burn-up agricultural areas into dust worldwide by 2012, causing global famine, anarchy, diseases, and war on a global scale as military powers including the U.S., Russia, and China, fight for control of the Earth's remaining resources.
Over 4.5 billion people could die from Global Warming related causes by 2012, as planet Earth accelarates into a greed-driven horrific catastrophe."

Meanwhile it is 2013 and no one has died from global warming yet.

Why anyone takes the global warming morons seriously is beyond belief, these people are too stupid to take their laughable predictions off their website. lols.

The Canadian National Newspaper: Over 4.5 Billion people could die from Global Warming-related causes by 2012
Did you know, within 80 years most of the worlds current population will be dead and the world will be repopulated? Technically billions die every century. But you're correct, there aren't any documented deaths from Global Warming but does that mean we should allow mass emitting of CO2 and everything will be fine? The earth is like a garage in a sense, you can turn a car on in the garage with the door closed and eventually the people who are in the garage will slowly but surely die.

Old 05-03-2013, 10:36 AM

23,861 posts, read 24,119,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cougfan View Post
This more Erlich crapola?

I remember him being on the Johnny Carson show stating that we'd basically run out of everything by the year 2000........ oops
I read his book, The Population Explosion in the '90s, when I was a young liberal that knew everything, and I preached the message of impending doom due to the population outgrowing the earth's carrying capacity.

Around 2000 or so, I realized that I didn't know everything, and that the things people said weren't to be taken at face value just because what they were saying was in agreement with what I already believed (confirmation bias).

Now I'm older and more experienced, and I read the, ahem, stuff that the young liberals of today are writing online, and most of the time, I just shake my head. I understand where they're coming from, and that no amount of arguing with them will change their position - they know everything. If you disagree, you're either stupid, ignorant, greedy, brainwashed, etc.

They'll come around. It's been happening for generation after generation after generation, and theirs won't be any different. Many of the most ardent left-wing know-it-alls that post here will reflect on their youth in a couple of decades, and they'll wonder how they could have been so stupid.

Old 05-03-2013, 10:41 AM

33,571 posts, read 18,170,292 times
Free food pushes up prices because the food is free and they don't care about the price. all about supply and demand.. and what the people will pay for an item.

Old 05-03-2013, 10:45 AM

7,242 posts, read 7,909,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
The food supply is far more threatned by the federal government distorting the agriculture business with subsidies and incentivizing crops such as corn ethanol.
While subsidies should go your claim lacks any and all merit not to mention a basis in reality.

Old 05-03-2013, 11:09 AM

23,861 posts, read 24,119,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMOREBOY View Post
The earth is like a garage in a sense, you can turn a car on in the garage with the door closed and eventually the people who are in the garage will slowly but surely die.
It's a wee bit more complicated than that.

There's one universal constant when it comes to climate modeling. Every single model, since the inception of the practice, has been wrong.

There are too many variables to account for when doing that kind of work. When they need a value for one of those variables, they guess, or in the best case, estimate (guess).

Old 05-03-2013, 11:55 AM

31,292 posts, read 20,749,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMOREBOY View Post
But you're correct, there aren't any documented deaths from Global Warming but does that mean we should allow mass emitting of CO2 and everything will be fine? The earth is like a garage in a sense, you can turn a car on in the garage with the door closed and eventually the people who are in the garage will slowly but surely die.
No, it's not like a garage with a car in it. It' like a garage with a small dog in it. CO2 is harmless. Car exhaust is not.

Old 05-03-2013, 11:56 AM

31,292 posts, read 20,749,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
It's a wee bit more complicated than that.

There's one universal constant when it comes to climate modeling. Every single model, since the inception of the practice, has been wrong.

There are too many variables to account for when doing that kind of work. When they need a value for one of those variables, they guess, or in the best case, estimate (guess).
You are correct. But that doesn't stop a lot of scientists from guessing. Maybe it's because they don't have to earn a living by producing anything.

Old 05-03-2013, 12:06 PM

4,242 posts, read 8,777,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
I read his book, The Population Explosion in the '90s, when I was a young liberal that knew everything, and I preached the message of impending doom due to the population outgrowing the earth's carrying capacity.

Around 2000 or so, I realized that I didn't know everything, and that the things people said weren't to be taken at face value just because what they were saying was in agreement with what I already believed (confirmation bias).

Now I'm older and more experienced, and I read the, ahem, stuff that the young liberals of today are writing online, and most of the time, I just shake my head. I understand where they're coming from, and that no amount of arguing with them will change their position - they know everything. If you disagree, you're either stupid, ignorant, greedy, brainwashed, etc.

They'll come around. It's been happening for generation after generation after generation, and theirs won't be any different. Many of the most ardent left-wing know-it-alls that post here will reflect on their youth in a couple of decades, and they'll wonder how they could have been so stupid.
Seems like your real problem stemmed from reading an already outdated, 20 year old popular science book when you were younger and interpreting it as current scientific fact.

I've only become more liberal as I've gotten older. Don't really want to end up a greedy bitter old white conservative male. Especially since that would also end up involving a sex change.

Old 05-03-2013, 12:11 PM

8,894 posts, read 5,375,111 times
Algore: We Have Ten Years Left Before Earth Cooks - The Rush Limbaugh Show

Rush is keeping this for us on his site ......

Old 05-03-2013, 12:35 PM

12,149 posts, read 8,421,542 times
Good. We drove to Oakland to see a game - stopped in the city to visit friends and have an early dinner on the way. Traffic was horrible.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies