Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-08-2013, 06:28 AM

3,550 posts, read 2,557,244 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gibbsnm View Post
Your ignorant, uninformed opinion is certainly not "fact." Please stop acting as if it is.

NYC Pride Parade 2012 Anti Bris Milah - YouTube

why are they cheering?

Old 05-08-2013, 06:32 AM

4,241 posts, read 7,177,954 times
Deleware...who would have expected that? You just dont hear much about Deleware in the news....i thought it was sort of a backwater kind of place (a 12-9 vote..21 votes....must be a small state Senate!)

Old 05-08-2013, 06:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by btownboss4 View Post
As opposed to the policies of Saudi Arabia, Iran, Jordan, and Egypt, i think the "anti-semitic" countrys are good.
Sharp rise in global anti-Semitism, France leads

Sharp rise in global anti-Semitism, France leads - Israel News, Ynetnews

Old 05-08-2013, 06:37 AM

Quote:
can New Jersey to the east be far behind??? I mean, both houses of the NJ legislators passed it in Trenton, but Gov. Chris Christie vetoed it.
Political opportunism on Christies part? If is thinking of running for prez he cant alienate the religous right. Or is he really opposed. In any case, no votes from me, if he's the GOP nom in some future prez election.! So much for GOP "moderation".

Old 05-08-2013, 06:39 AM

11,186 posts, read 6,508,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
Good.

The bad news is that once the number reaches 17 or so, the successes will slow to a dribble.

Old 05-08-2013, 06:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dayton Sux View Post
Political opportunism on Christies part? If is thinking of running for prez he cant alienate the religous right. Or is he really opposed. In any case, no votes from me, if he's the GOP nom in some future prez election.! So much for GOP "moderation".
in case you don't get it your the radical.

20 years ago you couldn't get anybody besides a rabid left wing psycho path to support it, now after years of propaganda worthy of Goebbels you have a decent sized following and you are calling all those who disagree extreme.
you are a left wing extremest!

Old 05-08-2013, 08:50 AM

Quote:
The bad news is that once the number reaches 17 or so, the successes will slow to a dribble.
..yeah, I think there is going to be some upper limit to states permitting gay marriage. A lot of states have amended their Constitutions to forbid this (Ohio was one, and the language in Ohios can be construed to ban partnership recognition as well),

....and I dont see these amendments being repealed anytime soon.

Old 05-08-2013, 09:09 AM

24,260 posts, read 14,211,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dayton Sux View Post
..yeah, I think there is going to be some upper limit to states permitting gay marriage. A lot of states have amended their Constitutions to forbid this (Ohio was one, and the language in Ohios can be construed to ban partnership recognition as well),

....and I dont see these amendments being repealed anytime soon.
I don't know. Oregon has a constitutional ban, and it has recently been found to be unconstitutional by the 9th circuit court.
Equality On Trial » Ninth Circuit judge declares DOMA, Oregon’s marriage equality ban unconstitutional in administrative ruling

Quote:
A judge on the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals held last week that the federal judiciary discriminated against an lesbian assistant federal public defender in Portland when it refused to recognize her Canadian marriage, the Williamette Week reported last Thursday. In his ruling, Judge Harry Pregerson held that both Oregon’s marriage equality ban and the federal Defense of Marriage Act violate the U.S. Constitution.
This could be just the beginning of cases in states with constitutional bans on SSM.

Old 05-08-2013, 09:19 AM

5,821 posts, read 5,304,764 times
So, there are 11 states who now have 'SSM', but none
have won by popular vote? And of the 33 who have voted,
ALL have voted against?

Am I the only one who is troubled by this? How can all of our
'Representatives' be acting in our behalf, if they are voting
against the will of the people?

Sounds like Political Correctness at the highest level.

Old 05-08-2013, 09:20 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,206,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tijlover View Post
Big fat assumption, there! Desert SW not enlightened!

I suppose it would never cross your radar screen that there's more enlightened Gay people in the SW who are opposed to it!

What a false impression conveyed to the Straight crowd: All Gay people support it!

Nothing could be further from the truth!
Nope, it wouldn't cross my radar screen.

BTW...how's Sharron Angle doing these days. LMAO
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies