Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-14-2013, 10:57 AM

7,444 posts, read 7,034,873 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JacksonPanther View Post
Nice to know that in Baton Rouge I can knock someone out cold and only get a ticket.

I know it's not fair to blame the victim, but why doesn't Dad keep his mouth shut, instead of escalating a situation, at 10pm, in unfamiliar territory. Street smarts says suck up the insult and go back and protect your family. If he was alone and wants to act like super man, go for it

Sent from my SPH-M950 using Tapatalk 2
Yeah, no doubt. I'm sure he's thinking in hindsight that he shouldn't have stopped in a black ghetto for gas, either. But it doesn't change the fact the attack was racially motivated when he was told you are in the wrong neighborhood and your not going to get out before he was assaulted.

I also trust that if a black motorist is assaulted in a white part of town under similar circumstances that the advice will be the same- just keep your mouth shut and move on.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-14-2013, 11:06 AM

36,853 posts, read 17,409,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MUTGR View Post
You and I can't make a determination of whether it fits the statute or not without reading the actual statute.

Further, prosecutors have discretion. I don't believe in "hate" crimes either, but they exist for a reason but are not applied in practice unless the victim is a person of color or homosexual and the alleged perp is white.

You might also advise white guys to stay out of black neighborhoods as being in their best interest, but that would seem to be contrary to the society we wish to live in.
I don't know the statute in the state. I do know the police feel it doesn't meet the criteria. They said so in interviews. Of course further investigation could change that.

The "hate crime" law itself is so kooky I think it's impossible to determine how it's applied. I know of several cases where blacks or other minorities did face it but again...depends on the state statue and circumstances plus priors, prosecution discretion, etc.

Old 05-14-2013, 01:27 PM

2,502 posts, read 4,449,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MUTGR View Post
I also trust that if a black motorist is assaulted in a white part of town under similar circumstances that the advice will be the same- just keep your mouth shut and move on.
Absolutely. Although the circumstances are deplorable and we all wish we didn't live in a world where people decide to hate you because of the way you look, my advice to ANYONE would be the same - Pick your Battles.

And by the way, I would bet that most people harrassed and assaulted at that gas station are black. Just like most crime victims of black perpetrators are black. The interracial stuff always makes the news.

Old 05-14-2013, 01:34 PM

4,837 posts, read 4,174,350 times
I miss the days when only your hubcaps would get stolen while you were talking to a local asking him directions back to the highway.

Old 05-14-2013, 01:55 PM

349 posts, read 261,398 times
[quote=MUTGR;29562260]Yeah, no doubt. I'm sure he's thinking in hindsight that he shouldn't have stopped in a black ghetto for gas, either. But it doesn't change the fact the attack was racially motivated when he was told you are in the wrong neighborhood and your not going to get out before he was assaulted.

I also trust that if a black motorist is assaulted in a white part of town under similar circumstances that the advice will be the same- just keep your mouth shut and move on.[/quote]

Actually it would be common sense to shut up and get out of the danger area.

Old 05-14-2013, 02:12 PM

2,860 posts, read 3,393,458 times
Nothing new in America. Just Google statistics on black- or Latino-on-white crime and the statistics speak for themselves.

Old 05-14-2013, 03:39 PM

9,189 posts, read 7,614,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
There are many places that I go that many black people also go.

I do not, however, go into black neighborhoods for anything.

Banks will not even open branches in their neighborhoods.

Ghetto blacks are among the most violent people in the industrialized world.

I would like some proof from lefties that they aren't.

City Crime Risk Index 1. St. Louis 530 2. Atlanta 484 3. Birmingham Alabama (tie) 380 3. Orlando (tie) 380 5. Detroit 369 6. Memphis 361 7. Miami 346 8. Baltimore 339 9. Kansas City, Missouri 337 10. Minneapolis (tie) 331 10. Cleveland (tie) 331

St Louis.....black
Atlanta.....black
Birmingham.....black
Orlando....black
Detroit....black
Memphis....black
Miami....black/hispanic
Baltimore....black
KC.....black
Minneapolis....black
Cleveland....black

One other thing that these cities have in common....run by dummycrats for decades.

Thank you for that input, stormfront trooper.

Old 05-14-2013, 03:40 PM

3,027 posts, read 2,525,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_Muz View Post
Animals...... Just getting off the Interstate to get gas can lead to a big problem. It did me in Kansas City Mo, but i speak GUN and the animals decided the better part of valor was to run like the animals they are.
yes, because God knows if not for your gun you would have been the one running.

Old 05-14-2013, 03:42 PM

7,444 posts, read 7,034,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Californian34 View Post
yes, because God knows if not for your gun you would have been the one running.
If one has to be in those areas, it is prudent to be armed for protection.

It is always prudent to avoid those areas in the first place.

Old 05-14-2013, 03:45 PM

3,027 posts, read 2,525,290 times
it's not a hate crime. if it was it would have been prosecuted as a hate crime. 18% of those prosecuted for hate crimes are black, which is disproportionate to our population of 13%. where ever did this myth that black people don't get charged/convicted of hate crimes come from? hmmmmm.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies