Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-16-2013, 11:13 AM

9,127 posts, read 7,948,601 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
Scandle after scandle and you see it as rep. strategy? I see it as bad news for the admin. The free pass once agian givin to the party of NO Shame.
Not birth certificate, not Fast and Furious[what happend to that?] Not IRS, Not AP, and Not even benghazi.

You cant make a case...Not one.

The House Republicans will vote soon on repeal of the Obamacare for the 34th time.... Someone else has a thread that if Candy Crowely hadnt helped Obama, He would have never won in November.

Face it...Republicans have become irrelevent. The Republican Party has become the Party of False Flaggers.

Its embarrasing that Alex Jones and Glen Beck make Hanity and Rush sound sane.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2013, 11:20 AM

2 posts, read 2,231 times
Honestly, I am a Republican, but I respect many Democrats as well. Because on both sides, we all just want what's best for America. Our only problem is we won't work together and we spend the majority of our time blaming each other.

But I will also say this: The news that leads more towards Democrats/Liberals, often lies and/or won't give all the facts because it makes their party look bad.

Anyhow, if you respond to this, please respond calmly and maturely. I will not have a conversation with someone yelling or spewing hate at me, nor will I respond kindly to it.

Old 05-16-2013, 11:24 AM

13,778 posts, read 9,669,275 times
I would expect that the right wing politicians will form their committees in a desperate attempt to pin something on Obama. This is how they roll. They did it with Clinton and they attempt to do it with every Democratic President in office. I expect them to drag out the IRS and Benghazi affairs through the end of 2013. Then in 2014, they will call for a special prosecutor to look at criminal charges against high administration officials including the president over the IRS fiasco. Mid term elections and all that. This will take the voting public's mind off the fact that the republican party has no platform to run on except the tried and true, "Obama the Devil" "Government No Good" "We will save you from bad government".
Never forget that the unofficial policy and over riding agenda of the right wing of the republican party is to "Hang that boy from the nearest tree".

Old 05-16-2013, 11:46 AM

9,701 posts, read 5,117,283 times
The majority of Americans and voters see this for what it is: partisan attacks. Republicans have shot their loads on all the other scandals that they've tried to pin on Obama, so most people are going to tune them out. I haven't even looked into the new Benghazi "smoking gun" b/c it won't be as damaging as Republicans claim, and it's probably been grossly mis-reported or exaggerated.

Old 05-16-2013, 11:51 AM

2,930 posts, read 2,225,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieB.Good View Post
The majority of Americans and voters see this for what it is: partisan attacks. Republicans have shot their loads on all the other scandals that they've tried to pin on Obama, so most people are going to tune them out. I haven't even looked into the new Benghazi "smoking gun" b/c it won't be as damaging as Republicans claim, and it's probably been grossly mis-reported or exaggerated.
Translation:....I'd rather stick my head up Obama's butt rather than acknowledge that this administration is about as corrupt as Richard Nixon's.

Old 05-16-2013, 11:53 AM

7,474 posts, read 22,888,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CityLover9 View Post
Over the past few days when I've been reading over thread after seemingly endless thread about Benghazi, the IRS, and Obama's "impeachment", etc., one of the things that's consistently popped into my mind has been the right-wing strategy.

For months and months the R's were all about the debt, and the spending, and cutting (even though, looking at Europe, austerity evidently does not work). However, now that the economy is recovering (IMF predicting 3-4% growth from next year on), the deficit is shrinking, etc., it seems that they've now turned their attention and are going bananas over "one of the greatest scandals in American history ever" and Obama's "inevitable" (or so some would seem to think) impeachment. Personally, I do not think that anything will become of this and to me it seems like now they have to avert their attention to a new issue and cause a commotion because they're clearly losing the argument on their other talking points. So do you think that this is just the latest right-wing strategy and that they'll just continue to try and squeeze every drop of blood out of this because they've got nothing else? Is it because they're trying to damage Clinton for a possible 2016 run?

The secondary aspect of this that all of the current "scandals" have made me think about is why the right-wing cannot (or will not) foresee that their current strategy (as perceived by me, and I'm going to say many others as well) is ultimately doomed to fail? Plain and simple, demographics are dead against the right-wing. No ands, ifs, or buts about it. Period. For whatever reason, at this point in time, the overwhelming majority of minority voters simply do not vote for the Republicans. Given this fact, I can't for the life of me figure out why they don't try to amend this ASAP. Every single year, the US is becoming more diverse and "less white". Thus every single year, the demographics are slowly chipping away at the R's chance of victory. They're losing a little bit of ground every, single year. However, in spite of this, it seems that 2012 taught them nothing and they are still hellbent on pursuing their current, radical strategy/agenda. They need to focus on widening their appeal and opening up their tent and attracting new potential voters. In my opinion, THIS should be the right-wing strategy. Not obstructionism and continuing with their current, radical agenda. Stop isolating people, and then you can start winning elections again.

Also, even if all of the hard-core conservatives had all their dreams come true, and Obama got impeached (how do you feel about President Biden?) and Hillary's reputation was trashed, do you honestly think that that would spell the end of the D's in office for years to come? Consider what I said above and be realistic. The R's isolate huge portions of Americans from them. Portions that are growing in size and influence all the time. Even if things totally unraveled for the Obama administration (HIGHLY unlikely), do you think that these people would suddenly all turn and vote R from now on? If so, then I think you're dreaming. The way I see it, no matter what happens, pretty soon (unless they change, which is always possible), then sheer numbers are going to doom the R's. All the D's have to do is sit back, and watch the show.

The country is changing and becoming more socially liberal. Most people accept and want same-sex marriage to be legal, most people don't want a war on drugs, and most people don't want to hear crazy people preaching religion to us from a political office. Get over the social issues, put the radicals off to the side, and start appealing to a broader and more moderate base, and then you will start winning elections again. I find this very easy and obvious to comprehend. But, hey, maybe it's just me.

What is your opinion on current and future right-wing strategies? Do you agree? Do you think otherwise? Let's hear what everyone has to say.

P.S. The only reason the R's got the House in 2012 was because of gerrymandering. More people actually voted for D's than R's.

*runs to go get popcorn*

Facts and Figures:

The US is currently 63.7% non-Hispanic White, a number that is forecasted to drop to about 46% by 2050. The Census Bureau predicts that the US will become majority-minority by 2043.

White Babies Are Now Less Than Half of All U.S. Births - Dashiell Bennett - The Atlantic Wire

U.S. will have a majority-minority population by 2043, Census predicts
So what you are saying is, you don't have a clue what is going on in the world of politics and you don't understand what you read? That pretty much sums up the typical democrat's way of thinking...

Old 05-16-2013, 11:57 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,544,846 times
The Millennial Generation (my son's generation) is noted to be the least religious and most tolerant generation so far.

My guess is they won't be voting for the Teapublicans now, four years from now or twenty years from now.

Old 05-16-2013, 11:59 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,544,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donn2390 View Post
So what you are saying is, you don't have a clue what is going on in the world of politics and you don't understand what you read? That pretty much sums up the typical democrat's way of thinking...
We are weary of your manufactured scandals. The nation is weary of your manufactured scandals. Teapublicans make the mistake of assuming that the rest of the world hates Obama as much as they do.

You've talked about it so much that . . . it's like the boy who cried wolf. No one believes a WORD the teapublicans say.

Old 05-16-2013, 01:39 PM

12,282 posts, read 13,247,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAmerican:) View Post
Honestly, I am a Republican, but I respect many Democrats as well. Because on both sides, we all just want what's best for America. Our only problem is we won't work together and we spend the majority of our time blaming each other.

But I will also say this: The news that leads more towards Democrats/Liberals, often lies and/or won't give all the facts because it makes their party look bad.

Anyhow, if you respond to this, please respond calmly and maturely. I will not have a conversation with someone yelling or spewing hate at me, nor will I respond kindly to it.

You are going to get lonely.

Old 05-16-2013, 01:51 PM

3,913 posts, read 5,233,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CityLover9 View Post
Over the past few days when I've been reading over thread after seemingly endless thread about Benghazi, the IRS, and Obama's "impeachment", etc., one of the things that's consistently popped into my mind has been the right-wing strategy.

For months and months the R's were all about the debt, and the spending, and cutting (even though, looking at Europe, austerity evidently does not work). However, now that the economy is recovering (IMF predicting 3-4% growth from next year on), the deficit is shrinking, etc., it seems that they've now turned their attention and are going bananas over "one of the greatest scandals in American history ever" and Obama's "inevitable" (or so some would seem to think) impeachment. Personally, I do not think that anything will become of this and to me it seems like now they have to avert their attention to a new issue and cause a commotion because they're clearly losing the argument on their other talking points. So do you think that this is just the latest right-wing strategy and that they'll just continue to try and squeeze every drop of blood out of this because they've got nothing else? Is it because they're trying to damage Clinton for a possible 2016 run?

The secondary aspect of this that all of the current "scandals" have made me think about is why the right-wing cannot (or will not) foresee that their current strategy (as perceived by me, and I'm going to say many others as well) is ultimately doomed to fail? Plain and simple, demographics are dead against the right-wing. No ands, ifs, or buts about it. Period. For whatever reason, at this point in time, the overwhelming majority of minority voters simply do not vote for the Republicans. Given this fact, I can't for the life of me figure out why they don't try to amend this ASAP. Every single year, the US is becoming more diverse and "less white". Thus every single year, the demographics are slowly chipping away at the R's chance of victory. They're losing a little bit of ground every, single year. However, in spite of this, it seems that 2012 taught them nothing and they are still hellbent on pursuing their current, radical strategy/agenda. They need to focus on widening their appeal and opening up their tent and attracting new potential voters. In my opinion, THIS should be the right-wing strategy. Not obstructionism and continuing with their current, radical agenda. Stop isolating people, and then you can start winning elections again.

Also, even if all of the hard-core conservatives had all their dreams come true, and Obama got impeached (how do you feel about President Biden?) and Hillary's reputation was trashed, do you honestly think that that would spell the end of the D's in office for years to come? Consider what I said above and be realistic. The R's isolate huge portions of Americans from them. Portions that are growing in size and influence all the time. Even if things totally unraveled for the Obama administration (HIGHLY unlikely), do you think that these people would suddenly all turn and vote R from now on? If so, then I think you're dreaming. The way I see it, no matter what happens, pretty soon (unless they change, which is always possible), then sheer numbers are going to doom the R's. All the D's have to do is sit back, and watch the show.

The country is changing and becoming more socially liberal. Most people accept and want same-sex marriage to be legal, most people don't want a war on drugs, and most people don't want to hear crazy people preaching religion to us from a political office. Get over the social issues, put the radicals off to the side, and start appealing to a broader and more moderate base, and then you will start winning elections again. I find this very easy and obvious to comprehend. But, hey, maybe it's just me.

What is your opinion on current and future right-wing strategies? Do you agree? Do you think otherwise? Let's hear what everyone has to say.

P.S. The only reason the R's got the House in 2012 was because of gerrymandering. More people actually voted for D's than R's.

*runs to go get popcorn*

Facts and Figures:

The US is currently 63.7% non-Hispanic White, a number that is forecasted to drop to about 46% by 2050. The Census Bureau predicts that the US will become majority-minority by 2043.

White Babies Are Now Less Than Half of All U.S. Births - Dashiell Bennett - The Atlantic Wire

U.S. will have a majority-minority population by 2043, Census predicts
well, you are wrong on most of your facts. The US population is currently 74% white. Not 63.7. You are off by oh, I dunno, about 30 million? And, you have to remember, the REST make up the 26%. When some them start working again, you will find some new Republicans. Especially the more successful THEY become and start feeling the pain of those tax levels before unknown to some of them.

You see these posts and you make it sound like it's almost 50/50. Its not. One thing you can bet on is that if the liberal whites ever turn the other way, you don't stand a chance. And while the blend is coming more your way, whites haven't exactly stopped reproducing.....have they? Sooooo, think you assume that it will continue to change. What, the whites will simply remain at a paltry 230 million or so? That little number? In order to go to 50/50, you would have to balloon the US up to 460 million people and not one more white person, non-Hispanic, being born.....interesting. I think your 2046 number might be a bit skewed.....just maybe....

So, what would turn it around? Put enough people of "other color" next to whites who lean left today but, have no "other colors" nearby where THEY live and watch it slowly tick back the other way. Not racist, just observant.

Like Kennedy said, "they'll never be rich enough to be my neighbor"......that thought is not entirely lost on him. While there is no doubt TODAY's zeitgeist calls for a left leaning republic due to the record high unemployment, this can go back the other way...remember bush's landslide victory over lurch, aka John Kerry a mere 10 years ago? What, did everything change overnight? Nope, just quite a few on the fence leaned left when they lost THEIR job at "the plant".

When the economy turns, so with the voting block. I'll even quote one of your maniacs who is actually right on for a change...Chris Matthews. He said, "no Republican one is worried about becoming a Democrat until they lose THEIR job"....the same could be said in reverse: "no Democrat is worried about becoming a Republican until they GET a job and start paying taxes"....proving the saying: "people vote with their wallets".

I do not believe for a second that if the "less fortunate" were suddenly endowed with a good, middle-class job making say, 50-60K that they would be nearly as sympathetic when their cell bill, rent, utilities, food, medical insurance premium came in the mail and THEY had to pay it.

Would they?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies