Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-17-2013, 06:08 PM

8,091 posts, read 5,915,077 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimuelojones View Post
What about white kids...why don't people care about lil white underachievers??? How can we help little non achieving white kids?
That's a good question....why DON'T people care about lil' white underachievers....

????
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2013, 06:09 PM

3,027 posts, read 2,522,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pokesalad4u2 View Post
Consider who they voted for,then you'll understand. Almost all 98% blacks voted for race alone,and almost all latinos voted for amnesty alone and more free stuff,so at the risk of getting banned or more infractions I'll say they will never see logic or truth.

Yet they call whites racist and bigots and other names but if you even hint at returning the favor your in trouble.Dividers are everywhere,trying to turn us all against each other,divide and conquor.
never mind that these groups always vote democrat. I can't believe you came here with that tired garbage.

Old 05-17-2013, 06:09 PM

3,436 posts, read 2,950,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamme73 View Post
It is a flat out lie. Look not to diminish your childhood pain. I asked you a simple question. Do you know any black children that would say getting an education is acting white?
That is a yes or a no answer.

Again white kids tease nerds and geeks all the time and no one would suggest that those white kids don't value education. Yet, when black children do childish and silly things we want to take that to represent their thinking on education and not their immaturity. I think it is a huge leap to say that a child teasing another child by saying you sound like a white person is the same as saying that child thinks getting an education is acting white.
I know people that never saw higher education as a reality. Is that strictly a Black thing? Of course not. Nothing is, really. In the same token I know there are people who glorify street life, drugs and the disrespect of women. It is a few, but the truth is we need to do better. In some subcultures, people want nothing more than to get over. I really don't want to get into some of things I've witnessed, and at the same time that we acknowledge some of these issues, we need To acknowledge institutional racism. Anyway, I'm not going to sit up here and act like there's not an ounce of truth to what the FLOTUS said.

Old 05-17-2013, 06:11 PM

374 posts, read 510,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimuelojones View Post
yet many conservatives say the want/need the latino vote...all the while realizing the damage done with the black voting community.

Who is trying to divide and conquer???

PS your contention that all latinos voted for amnesty is pure bull****.
If I said all that was BS,but what I meant was 98% imo. There are some latinos who still think being an American means having borders,but most stick with illegals.But this is about race and the leadrs on all sides including independants and rinos are dividing us all.Using race hatred to do so.

Old 05-17-2013, 06:12 PM

8,299 posts, read 8,611,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
Saying that hip hop and ghetto culture define African American culture is the equivalent of stating that trailer park trash and meth labs define White American culture
^^^^ This.

Old 05-17-2013, 06:13 PM

8,391 posts, read 6,301,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Enlightenment View Post
She only meant, "don't misbehave just because you see other black boys misbehaving." If she were here on CD now she might say don't throw you grandma under the bus just because Obama did.
No, that is not what that statement means. We weren't even around other black boys when she said this.

Again, words have meanings. I am not throwing my grandmother under the bus get out of here.

I referenced that story to show the complexity of these thoughts that black people can have surrounding race.

I think my grandmother like the rest of us was exposed to white supremacy and the idea of black inferiority and it impacted her thinking.

That is human and inevitable.

Old 05-17-2013, 06:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Californian34 View Post
never mind that these groups always vote democrat. I can't believe you came here with that tired garbage.

My opinion is no more garbage than yours is. If the truth hurts thats your problem. You think only libs and other racist should have free speech,but some think its the right of all.

You may destroy my free speech now but if mine can be taken away then yours is already gone.The only reason your allowed to say what you want is because its what they want you to say.

Old 05-17-2013, 06:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamme73 View Post
No, that is not what that statement means. We weren't even around other black boys when she said this.

Again, words have meanings. I am not throwing my grandmother under the bus get out of here.

I referenced that story to show the complexity of these thoughts that black people can have surrounding race.

I think my grandmother like the rest of us was exposed to white supremacy and the idea of black inferiority and it impacted her thinking.

That is human and inevitable.
Ask your grandmothers granddaughter why she has a hard time finding a black man to marry? Whos the racist here? Why do most black men only marry the white women they live with,yet leave the black women with thier offspring.I'm sure black women are not happy about this fact either.When I'm out shopping almost all black women are alone with kids,while almost all black men I see are with white women.Maybe its a southern thing? Can't say the white woman is racist now can you?

Old 05-17-2013, 06:25 PM

8,391 posts, read 6,301,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Factsplease View Post
I know people that never saw higher education as a reality. Is that strictly a Black thing? Of course not. Nothing is, really. In the same token I know there are people who glorify street life, drugs and the disrespect of women. It is a few, but the truth is we need to do better. In some subcultures, people want nothing more than to get over. I really don't want to get into some of things I've witnessed, and at the same time that we acknowledge some of these issues, we need To acknowledge institutional racism. Anyway, I'm not going to sit up here and act like there's not an ounce of truth to what the FLOTUS said.
They didn't see higher education as a reality based of the color of their skin? You really believe that?
Here is the difference, if a white dude doesn't see higher education as a reality, we don't go oh that's how white men think.

His race is not even thought to be a factor in the decision. The exact opposite is assumed when a black person does anything. Their skin color is all anyone can focus on and making some kind of racial connection to their behavior.

Look, I could do better at my job, I could be a better husband, I could be a better father, a better son, a better grandson, a better older brother, a better friend, a better mentor, etc and so on.

So there isn't any human being that couldn't stand to do better in certain aspects of their life.

So what does that universal truth have to do with skin color?

There is no truth to the idea that black children think getting an education is acting white.

I have had this discussion with many other black people and not one has said, yes I know a child who thinks getting an education is acting white.

It is an urban myth spawned by the American racial narrative of black dysfunction and inferiority.

Old 05-17-2013, 06:26 PM

5,800 posts, read 6,571,299 times
If African-American kids have aspirations of becoming either rappers or basketball players, the odds of them succeeding at either are extremely slim, and their parents need to instill aspirations of being far more productive by getting a solid education.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies