Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-17-2013, 06:27 PM

8,391 posts, read 6,294,673 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokesalad4u2 View Post
Ask your grandmothers granddaughter why she has a hard time finding a black man to marry? Whos the racist here? Why do most black men only marry the white women they live with,yet leave the black women with thier offspring.I'm sure black women are not happy about this fact either.When I'm out shopping almost all black women are alone with kids,while almost all black men I see are with white women.Maybe its a southern thing? Can't say the white woman is racist now can you?
What? You went off on a very weird tangent. You know nothing of my family and who is or isn't married. Please stick to the topic at hand.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2013, 06:29 PM

374 posts, read 509,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamme73 View Post
They didn't see higher education as a reality based of the color of their skin? You really believe that?
Here is the difference, if a white dude doesn't see higher education as a reality, we don't go oh that's how white men think.

His race is not even thought to be a factor in the decision. The exact opposite is assumed when a black person does anything. Their skin color is all anyone can focus on and making some kind of racial connection to their behavior.

Look, I could do better at my job, I could be a better husband, I could be a better father, a better son, a better grandson, a better older brother, a better friend, a better mentor, etc and so on.

So there isn't any human being that couldn't stand to do better in certain aspects of their life.

So what does that universal truth have to do with skin color?

There is no truth to the idea that black children think getting an education is acting white.

I have had this discussion with many other black people and not one has said, yes I know a child who thinks getting an education is acting white.

It is an urban myth spawned by the American racial narrative of black dysfunction and inferiority.

You can blame the black and white race hustlers for this,not whites in general. They have used ther blacks by keeping them victims instead of tellign them they can have a good life if they stay married and raise their kids.Most black men leave their kids,this needs to stop.

Old 05-17-2013, 06:30 PM

374 posts, read 509,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamme73 View Post
What? You went off on a very weird tangent. You know nothing of my family and who is or isn't married. Please stick to the topic at hand.

I was'nt talking about your family,you brought them up not me.I was talking in general using your example.

Old 05-17-2013, 06:31 PM

15,292 posts, read 7,753,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy

Saying that hip hop and ghetto culture define
African American culture is the equivalent of stating that trailer park trash
and meth labs define White American culture
Quote:
Originally Posted by helenejen View Post
^^^^ This.
Does some part of that actually ring true for you?

Old 05-17-2013, 06:32 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,527,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Enlightenment View Post
Good question. The goal should be to help all students reach their potential, regardless of race.

Old 05-17-2013, 06:38 PM

Quote:
You can blame the black and white race hustlers for this,not whites in general. They have used ther blacks by keeping them victims instead of tellign them they can have a good life if they stay married and raise their kids.Most black men leave their kids,this needs to stop.
Who are you talking about? Blaming them for what? You aren't actually reading my posts and responding to the ideas presented are you? Again stick to the topic at hand.

Old 05-17-2013, 06:40 PM

Quote:
I was'nt talking about your family,you brought them up not me.I was talking in general using your example.
Sure you did, but either way, your points had nothing to do with the topic at hand and were extremely illogical to boot.

Old 05-17-2013, 06:41 PM

8,299 posts, read 8,604,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
Saying that hip hop and ghetto culture define African American culture is the equivalent of stating that trailer park trash and meth labs define White American culture
Quote:
Originally Posted by helenejen View Post
^^^^ This.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Enlightenment View Post
Does some part of that actually ring true for you?
What do you not understand about agreement with a very clear statement that points out the logical fallacy inherent in thinking that a part represent the whole?

Old 05-17-2013, 06:50 PM

15,292 posts, read 7,753,799 times
Rightly or wrongly, hip hop and ghetto culture have come to define authentic African American culture for most people, especially blacks. Nobody actually thinks trailer parks define white culture.

Old 05-17-2013, 06:51 PM

14,317 posts, read 22,377,476 times
Default First Lady Michelle Obama is God

What she represents, believes, and expresses is infinitely superior to anything Republicans/Conservatives/Neocons/tea partiers/Klan have to say on this topic.

Bigots are in no position to call others "racist."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies