Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-04-2013, 08:54 PM

2,491 posts, read 2,681,452 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Maligning a good man? More like maligning a gun grabbing liberal idiot!
Typical small minded loser, judging a man who has spent his life time in service to his community on one single issue. What have you done for your community?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2013, 08:59 PM

14,888 posts, read 10,041,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
Stop maligning a good man. This is a man who has spent a large part of his life in the service of others - an Eagle Scout, Paramedic, Police Officer, Legislator, long time volunteer of charity the National Alliance of the Mentally Ill, and head of a Colorado Springs non-profit that serves the poor elderly community.

Just because he holds some (what I find to be common sense) views on gun regulation and was once a police chief doesn't make him a nefarious individual hell-bent on setting up a police state.
My guess is your opinions of this guy might have a lot to do with the fact that he's a known supporter of LGBT rights. That wouldn't be the real reason why you're 100% behind this guy is it?

Old 06-04-2013, 09:00 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,134,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddyline View Post
Typical small minded loser, judging a man who has spent his life time in service to his community on one single issue. What have you done for your community?
A single issue that happens to be enshrined in the Constitution. It takes a special kind of idiot to intentionally seek to defy his own constituency. But I guess him being an Eagle Scout and a nice guy who knows CPR nullifies all that, right? :/

Old 06-04-2013, 09:05 PM

7,513 posts, read 5,756,758 times
Quote:
Moonbat?

He's actually a pretty interesting guy. A Democrat elected in Colorado Springs (a conservative bastion), albeit in a district that is evenly split between Democrats, Republicans, and Independents. He's from a military family, he's an Eagle Scout. He studied economics and finance - has and MBA and PhD - and has been a CEO. He's also a former police officer and served as the Chief of Police of Fountain (a suburb of Colorado Springs).
If you think that someone who ignored and told others to ignore the emails of his and their constituents an intersting guy our country is in much worse shape than I could ever imagine and we are the laughing stock of the world right now.

Old 06-04-2013, 09:06 PM

14,888 posts, read 10,041,959 times
Quote:
A single issue that happens to be enshrined in the Constitution. It takes a special kind of idiot to intentionally seek to defy his own constituency. But I guess him being an Eagle Scout and a nice guy who knows CPR nullifies all that, right? :/
Exactly. I don't care if he helps little old ladies cross the street, he specifically went after a right that is protected by the US Constitution. Sorry, your Eagle Scout patches can't help you anymore.

Old 06-04-2013, 09:07 PM

9,127 posts, read 7,947,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gomexico View Post
Yes, the title of the discussion and assertion of the OP is a lie. Nothing new. The RWNJs consistently post untruthful/misleading information to this particular C-D forum. No doubt in my mind there will be a special election, given the number of petition signatures (provided they're not forgeries). An interesting side issue here is about the conservative, right-wing 501(c)(4) group which bankrolled the recall campaign. Seems to me the group violated the law with it's political involvement. IRS ought to have a look at this one, too.
Don't blame his assertion...many people dont understand that a recall by petition is for a recall election and not an outcome.

Schools dont teach civics anymore.

Old 06-04-2013, 09:11 PM

7,513 posts, read 5,756,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
I think they just might have picked the wrong person to go after with credentials like that, can't wait to see the opposition if it gets to that.
He's and elected official for christs sake he's not the CIO of a major corporation. He works for the 16 thousand people that want him thrown out on his a$$. Liberals just are not that smart are they?

Old 06-04-2013, 09:13 PM

14,917 posts, read 13,107,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanek9freak View Post
Lmfao, you actually believe that crap? Tell me then, why are 97% of Colorado sheriffs suing governor Hickenlooper to prevent these laws from going into effect? You California transplants crack me up.
97% of Sheriffs? Prone to hyperbole much?

And yes, I believe that crap. First, these sheriffs are not suing over all 5 of the gun measures the legislature passed. Do you take that to mean they support the others? Second, the opinion of 54 sheriffs is in no way a reflection of the views of a majority of Coloradans. I'm not sure why you think it is. In fact, polling showed that a majority of Coloradans supported these measures. That's why I said a majority of Coloradans supported the measures passed by the legislature.

And FYI, I was born at Rose Medical Center (that's a hospital in Colorado).

Old 06-04-2013, 09:16 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,654,236 times
Quote:
Stop maligning a good man. This is a man who has spent a large part of his life in the service of others - an Eagle Scout, Paramedic, Police Officer, Legislator, long time volunteer of charity the National Alliance of the Mentally Ill, and head of a Colorado Springs non-profit that serves the poor elderly community.

Just because he holds some (what I find to be common sense) views on gun regulation and was once a police chief doesn't make him a nefarious individual hell-bent on setting up a police state.

The US Constitution is more powerful than your false sense of security.
The Police State is here. Yes, that means disarming the public.

Old 06-04-2013, 09:30 PM

2,491 posts, read 2,681,452 times
Quote:
A single issue that happens to be enshrined in the Constitution. :/
What part of "a well regulated militia" do you not understand.
He was not trying to take your toys away from you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies