Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-04-2013, 09:49 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,127,661 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddyline View Post
What part of "a well regulated militia" do you not understand.
He was not trying to take your toys away from you.
"Well regulated" does not mean what you think it does. Look it up. It has nothing to do with "regulating."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2013, 09:53 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,634,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddyline View Post
Typical small minded loser, judging a man who has spent his life time in service to his community on one single issue. What have you done for your community?
It only take one punch to knock you out.
It only takes one bullet to kill you.
It only takes one bad apple to spoil the whole bunch.

I only caught him banging my wife, but he is a good man and helps the community, so I let him slide. Now, he calls first.

Old 06-04-2013, 09:55 PM

14,917 posts, read 13,103,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
It only take one punch to knock you out.
It only takes one bullet to kill you.
It only takes one bad apple to spoil the whole bunch.

I only caught him banging my wife, but he is a good man and helps the community, so I let him slide. Now, he calls first.
Except John Morse wasn't banging another man's wife. He was helping pass good legislation - common sense laws supported by a majority of Coloradans.

Old 06-04-2013, 09:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
"Well regulated" does not mean what you think it does. Look it up. It has nothing to do with "regulating."

In the Kings English, regulated meant working.
If he wants to take it a step farther, the Constitution actually mandates all men 17-45 has a weapon that is in well working condition with powder & ball(cartridges) and be proficient in their use.
Read the Militia ACT

Old 06-04-2013, 09:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
Except John Morse wasn't banging another man's wife. He was helping pass good legislation - common sense laws supported by a majority of Coloradans.
Where's the KY? Might as well be skrewing everyone of us, including the wife.
Every law ever passed, restricts individual freedom, by control.

Old 06-04-2013, 10:02 PM

14,917 posts, read 13,103,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
In the Kings English, regulated meant working.
If he wants to take it a step farther, the Constitution actually mandates all men 17-45 has a weapon that is in well working condition with powder & ball(cartridges) and be proficient in their use.
Read the Militia ACT
Even black men?

Old 06-05-2013, 04:55 AM

2,957 posts, read 8,377,645 times
Quote:
97% of Sheriffs? Prone to hyperbole much?

And yes, I believe that crap. First, these sheriffs are not suing over all 5 of the gun measures the legislature passed. Do you take that to mean they support the others? Second, the opinion of 54 sheriffs is in no way a reflection of the views of a majority of Coloradans. I'm not sure why you think it is. In fact, polling showed that a majority of Coloradans supported these measures. That's why I said a majority of Coloradans supported the measures passed by the legislature.

And FYI, I was born at Rose Medical Center (that's a hospital in Colorado).
Typical denverite. You all think that what Denver wants, the rest of the state wants. Reminds me of Chicago. Polls are skewed, of course, due in part to the massive population in metro Denver. Nobody in any other part of the state, except boulder county, supports any of these new gun laws.

I cringe when I hear you people say "common sense", because what you truly mean deep down inside is, "no guns for private citizens, military and police only". Don't even bother trying to deny it, I know your type.

And I know full well that the sheriffs represent the public's views, as they are after all, elected positions. People elect those who share their beliefs. At least in my case. I have voted for El Paso county sheriff Terry Maketa many times before, and I will continue to do so
in the future, because he represents my, and the vast majority of the county's interests.

Sigh. This was a great place to live 15 years ago. Old Colorado needs to make a comeback.

Old 06-05-2013, 05:14 AM

16,759 posts, read 8,216,524 times
I bet that the Left leaning 501(c)(4)'s will be out in force to keep him in. Will be fun to watch as social groups( LOL) spend large amounts of tax free dollars.

Old 06-05-2013, 07:21 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,779,853 times
I read the OP link, which is a crock. Not to mention, I've read more balanced stories in my local papers as I live in Colorado. I also heard it all day on the news on Mon. The signatures do not denote a "recall". They have to be validated, and an election has to be held.

Old 06-05-2013, 07:25 AM

Quote:
Even black men?

There is a black mans signature on the Constitution, (and the Declaration of Independence) isn't there. Or did you not know that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies