Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-05-2013, 07:54 AM

14,888 posts, read 10,030,436 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
Except John Morse wasn't banging another man's wife. He was helping pass good legislation - common sense laws supported by a majority of Coloradans.
If it was good legislation supported by a majority of his constituents he wouldn't be facing a certain recall.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-05-2013, 08:05 AM

9,127 posts, read 7,940,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
I read the OP link, which is a crock. Not to mention, I've read more balanced stories in my local papers as I live in Colorado. I also heard it all day on the news on Mon. The signatures do not denote a "recall". They have to be validated, and an election has to be held.
That had to be one of the worse written news pieces ever...I really think the reporter believed the recall signatures meant the recall was complete. I know lots of C-D posters did.

Old 06-05-2013, 08:08 AM

6,933 posts, read 8,491,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimuelojones View Post
That had to be one of the worse written news pieces ever...I really think the reporter believed the recall signatures meant the recall was complete. I know lots of C-D posters did.
Consider the source/publication of the linked article in the OP. It's known as an unreliable source for information and the headline writers there are similar to the trolls who start many discussions here with dishonest titles/descriptions. And, yes, too many people believe a headline, assume what the story says ... and move on. They then repeat the misinformation and the misinformation continues to be cited as truth.

Old 06-05-2013, 08:27 AM

24,394 posts, read 23,048,028 times
Toss the nitwit out of office. Good.

Old 06-05-2013, 09:13 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,683,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gomexico View Post
Yes, the title of the discussion and assertion of the OP is a lie. Nothing new. The RWNJs consistently post untruthful/misleading information to this particular C-D forum. No doubt in my mind there will be a special election, given the number of petition signatures (provided they're not forgeries). An interesting side issue here is about the conservative, right-wing 501(c)(4) group which bankrolled the recall campaign. Seems to me the group violated the law with it's political involvement. IRS ought to have a look at this one, too.
yes, the title is wrong but don't blame the right wing only, I don't know how many times we have seen posts from some of the more active posters here, on the left post questionable posts, specially title wise.

Old 06-05-2013, 10:40 AM

3,160 posts, read 4,365,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
Except John Morse wasn't banging another man's wife. He was helping pass good legislation - common sense laws supported by a majority of Coloradans.

keep telling yourself that.

apply the words "common sense" to something YOU happen to support doesnt make it any more intelligent.

the people supporting it are city dwellers who moved to colorado after they made their state uninhabitable.
thats well known.
get outside the city of Denver and out in the country,
where the country people live, the TRUE Coloradans HATE the LAWS.

how butthurt will you be whan that idiot is thrown out in a recall election ?

Old 06-05-2013, 01:06 PM

6,391 posts, read 5,165,976 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
He hasn't been recalled, it is just a petition to recall him. There hasn't even been a vote for this yet. Nice try trying to spread lies.
actually,
Quote:
COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo., June 3, 2013 — Petition signatures filed with the Colorado Secretary of State’s office are more than sufficient to recall state senator John Morse (D). The recall is the first recall of a Colorado legislator in the state’s history.[LEFT]
The recall is not official until the Secretary of State’s office certifies that there are at least 7,178 valid signatures, or 25 percent of the number of ballots cast in the election that Morse won in 2010. Organizers of the recall effort are confident that they have more than enough signatures to withstand scrutiny.

The Secretary of State’s office has 15 business days to validate the signatures. After that, the Morse camp has 15 calendar days to challenge the findings. With double the number required, the outcome is all but certain.[LEFT]
[/LEFT]

That means, once the office of the Secretary of State certifies the petition, he is recalled.
[LEFT]
[/LEFT]
[/LEFT]

Old 06-05-2013, 05:12 PM

14,917 posts, read 13,097,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bily Lovec View Post

how butthurt will you be whan that idiot is thrown out in a recall election ?
How butthurt will I be when this good man and legislator who happens to be a Democrat representing a conservative, Colorado Springs district is recalled?

None. He's term limited anyway, so he'll just be out of office a few months sooner. The gun laws he helped pass are here to stay - a majority of Coloradans support them, and I don't see control of the legislature changing anytime soon.

Last edited by hammertime33; 06-05-2013 at 05:24 PM..

Old 06-05-2013, 05:23 PM

14,917 posts, read 13,097,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanek9freak View Post
Typical denverite. You all think that what Denver wants, the rest of the state wants. Reminds me of Chicago. Polls are skewed, of course, due in part to the massive population in metro Denver. Nobody in any other part of the state, except boulder county, supports any of these new gun laws.
When did I ever say that I think that what Denver wants, the rest of the state wants? You have this really bad habit of ascribing views and statements to people that they don't hold or didn't make (you do later in your post about me wanting to ban all gun ownership). And the polls aren't skewed, "of course", because of the massive population of metro Denver. Metro Denver is represented proportionally. Because of the fact that metro Denver has about one million more people than the rest of the state combined means the polls are "skewed" tells me you badly need to take a basic statistics course.

Quote:
I cringe when I hear you people say "common sense", because what you truly mean deep down inside is, "no guns for private citizens, military and police only". Don't even bother trying to deny it, I know your type.
I will deny it because it's completely false. I'm from a military family, spent my youth shooting guns as part of the Boy Scouts, etc. Supporting these measures in no way means that deep down I want gun ownership banned. I most certainly don't.

Quote:
This was a great place to live 15 years ago.
I agree. I've lived here much longer than that. I think living here is even better now than it was 15 years ago.

Old 06-05-2013, 05:23 PM

57,227 posts, read 26,178,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanek9freak View Post
Typical denverite. You all think that what Denver wants, the rest of the state wants. Reminds me of Chicago. Polls are skewed, of course, due in part to the massive population in metro Denver. Nobody in any other part of the state, except boulder county, supports any of these new gun laws.

I cringe when I hear you people say "common sense", because what you truly mean deep down inside is, "no guns for private citizens, military and police only". Don't even bother trying to deny it, I know your type.

And I know full well that the sheriffs represent the public's views, as they are after all, elected positions. People elect those who share their beliefs. At least in my case. I have voted for El Paso county sheriff Terry Maketa many times before, and I will continue to do so
in the future, because he represents my, and the vast majority of the county's interests.

Sigh. This was a great place to live 15 years ago. Old Colorado needs to make a comeback.
If this legislation was so unpopular why were they only able to garner petitions for one legislator, the reason is that the general population of Colorado supports reasonable legislation.

No one is indicating a complete gun ban and if you paid attention to the vote in the US senate you would understand how completely ridiculous it is to state there will be a complete ban. If some of those people want to take issue with the constitution then maybe they should be up in arms on drones, the patriot act or the internment of prisoners without trial. They don't care one bit about the constitution unless they can use it to as hyperbole to fight minimal legislation that inconveniences their use of guns.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies