Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-04-2013, 07:04 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,654,236 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
Moonbat?

He's actually a pretty interesting guy. A Democrat elected in Colorado Springs (a conservative bastion), albeit in a district that is evenly split between Democrats, Republicans, and Independents. He's from a military family, he's an Eagle Scout. He studied economics and finance - has and MBA and PhD - and has been a CEO. He's also a former police officer and served as the Chief of Police of Fountain (a suburb of Colorado Springs).

The Police State, does not want competition.
I can clearly see why he wants the public as unarmed as possible.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2013, 07:05 PM

57,318 posts, read 26,236,916 times
The signatures have not been certified, he has not been voted out of office, just a little early to celebrate a victory or are you that truly desperate. Wait until the vote if there is a vote, quite a bit has changed since his election in 2010.

Maybe you didn't know this but state legislators are elected for issues besides their views on gun control, things like jobs.

Old 06-04-2013, 07:08 PM

14,917 posts, read 13,107,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
The Police State, does not want competition.
I can clearly see why he wants the public as unarmed as possible.
Yeah, John Morse wants to institute a Police State. What an idiotic delusion.

Old 06-04-2013, 07:09 PM

57,318 posts, read 26,236,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
Moonbat?

He's actually a pretty interesting guy. A Democrat elected in Colorado Springs (a conservative bastion), albeit in a district that is evenly split between Democrats, Republicans, and Independents. He's from a military family, he's an Eagle Scout. He studied economics and finance - has and MBA and PhD - and has been a CEO. He's also a former police officer and served as the Chief of Police of Fountain (a suburb of Colorado Springs).
I think they just might have picked the wrong person to go after with credentials like that, can't wait to see the opposition if it gets to that.

Old 06-04-2013, 07:12 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,794,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
No link, I see!
So, you didn't bother to read the OPs link, I see.

Here, since you need cites...
John Morse recall effort turns in 16,000 signatures | 9news.com

Petition signatures turned in for recall of John Morse : Politics : News : FOX21News.com

Sen. John Morse recalled: First Colorado legislative recall | Washington Times Communities

Gun-rights activists turn in signatures to recall Sen. John Morse

It's a fact, unless you think over 9000 of those signatures are fraudulent.

Old 06-04-2013, 07:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
I think they just might have picked the wrong person to go after with credentials like that, can't wait to see the opposition if it gets to that.
Oh, given his district I think leading the gun-control charge alienated enough of his constituents that he will be recalled. To avoid it I think he'll need 100% turnout from his still-supporters, and generally in a recall election you see the pro-recall side more energized.

Although I doubt he cares too much. He's term limited anyway and can't run again. This will just end his time in office a little bit prematurely. Given that he's term limited, this just seems like a huge waste of money to me.

Old 06-04-2013, 07:18 PM

They probably got enough. In general, you try and collect 133% of what you need since in even the best run signature drive, 25% are not valid.

I would imagine of the 16,000 signatures some 4,000-5,000 are invalid (not fraudulent): either non-registered voters or voters not from his district.

Old 06-04-2013, 07:21 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,134,648 times
Quote:
The signatures have not been certified, he has not been voted out of office, just a little early to celebrate a victory or are you that truly desperate. Wait until the vote if there is a vote, quite a bit has changed since his election in 2010.

Maybe you didn't know this but state legislators are elected for issues besides their views on gun control, things like jobs.
16,000 petition signatures...... ~27,000 votes the last election......I think its pretty clear John Morse doesn't stand a chance.

Old 06-04-2013, 07:22 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,134,648 times
Quote:
Liberals Person Worship Syndrome gets creepier by the day!

Old 06-04-2013, 07:42 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,794,304 times
Quote:
How?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies