Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-14-2013, 11:43 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,677,756 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by IBMMuseum View Post
But you still aren't sourcing your statement, and it makes that original quotation seem to be just a spiteful response to me...

You're deflecting all over the place...
Your post was just rather silly considering that immigration to Mexico was also from mainly Western Europe and also of slaves brought in from Africa.

Why would you condemn the USA for having immigrants from Western Europe when that was the exact same case in Mexico? Mexico has never encouraged massive immigration from Asia for example.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-14-2013, 11:45 PM
YAZ

7,706 posts, read 14,080,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NSHL10 View Post
It would be nice to import people with skills and understanding of English instead of our current policy of importing poverty.
Plus, they have cool accents.

Old 08-14-2013, 11:49 PM

5,299 posts, read 4,846,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gunlover View Post
why should he? why cant you look it up?..
I get that attitude from "Oldglory", when he tries to put the burden of his convictions for me to prove. I'm not going to do the homework for someone else. He made the claim, he should be able to source what he states.

Quote:
...Easy, fewer numbers of immigrates from one nation would mean (in theory) more from another nation could immigrate to America.
I even gave you a singular example. If I hadn't married my wife, and immigrated her and my stepchildren, how does that qualify an immigrant (or four of them) from another nation to come to the United States? You're misunderstanding this as badly as "Oldglory" does, thinking there is some global quota over everyone to immigrate here.

You're talking about changing immigration, when you don't even understand the basics to it. Don't feel bad, most Americans wouldn't know how the process works, unless they've had exposure to it from themselves or a relative. It's very complex, especially if the core areas aren't understood.

Old 08-14-2013, 11:51 PM

9,282 posts, read 6,739,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YAZ View Post
Plus, they have cool accents.
Kate Beckinsale and Sofia Meyers.

Old 08-14-2013, 11:53 PM

9,282 posts, read 6,739,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IBMMuseum View Post
I get that attitude from "Oldglory", when he tries to put the burden of his convictions for me to prove. I'm not going to do the homework for someone else. He made the claim, he should be able to source what he states.

I even gave you a singular example. If I hadn't married my wife, and immigrated her and my stepchildren, how does that qualify an immigrant (or four of them) from another nation to come to the United States? You're misunderstanding this as badly as "Oldglory" does, thinking there is some global quota over everyone to immigrate here.

You're talking about changing immigration, when you don't even understand the basics to it. Don't feel bad, most Americans wouldn't know how the process works, unless they've had exposure to it from themselves or a relative. It's very complex, especially if the core areas aren't understood.
How is it a bruden? if we post you will say the site is biased, or the info is false..

Not a global quota just a nation by nation quota..

Why shouldn't the system be changed to benefit America?

Old 08-15-2013, 12:05 AM

5,299 posts, read 4,846,184 times
Quote:
How is it a bruden? if we post you will say the site is biased, or the info is false...
There seems to be a perception that I will behave in a certain manner, when a source hasn't even appeared yet...

Quote:
...Not a global quota just a nation by nation quota...
Then why do you have the mistaken notion that one country not filling quotas somehow enables another nation a higher quota? "Immediate Relatives" (spouse, minor unmarried children, and parents) of U.S. citizens do not have any quotas. Use the example I have provided to resolve your case.

To be fair, "Oldglory" usually just gives up at this point of the discussion...

Quote:
...Why shouldn't the system be changed to benefit America?
Deflection, you need to show how you are going to "change" it before I know what it would be...

Old 08-15-2013, 12:11 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,677,756 times
Importing poverty:

Hispanic Children Face Harsher Conditions Than the Children of Other Immigrants : Politics : Latinos Post

Seventy-one percent of Hispanic children with immigrant parents are poor or near poor in the U.S.....For the children of black and Asian immigrants poverty levels or near poverty are much lower: ranging between 29 percent and 34 percent.

Education is another field in which Hispanic immigrants are left behind.

Old 08-15-2013, 12:21 AM

14,416 posts, read 22,475,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
Most of the ones that would move here would probably be the ones that moved to Spain and Australia primarily for the weather. Those are roughly 2M people between the two countries. Still not a lot. I'd imagine most Brits would rather but up with the relentless gray skies and stick around for the NHS than come here
Same goes for many European countries. Not a, single one of my friends and family have any desire moving here.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 4

Old 08-15-2013, 01:07 AM

37,796 posts, read 40,994,120 times
She lost her credibility as a conservative when she backed Romney in the primaries. She was such a big cheerleader for him I thought she might be dating someone on his campaign staff.

Old 08-15-2013, 03:11 AM

1,481 posts, read 2,159,164 times
Australia does limit the immigrants to Aus, unless one has skills we need they will not get in.
Want to import a lot of Liberals into the USA, remember UK Conservatives are far to the left of your Democrat party let alone your Conservative party.

So what advantages do immigrants from the UK get ? no universal health care, and the chances of them getting five to six weeks vacation a year would be slim.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies