Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-10-2013, 05:32 PM

10,190 posts, read 7,954,135 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willsson View Post
Good news, Nita. I was raised in 1984, in Houston, and had a really active mentor from across town. He would frequent my Lodge and also invited me to meet him at other Houston and countryside Lodges. One Lodge had a Catholic who had been raised, as the church had recently lifted its ban on Freemasonry. I wouldn't expect anyone from outside the organization to be aware of that. Even many within the walls don't know. At that time, I had a close friend raised Catholic who didn't know about that.

So, the Catholic guy tells the story... He was also a Priest. One day his Secretary took a call asking for Brother *name* and didn't know how to handle the request. He explained to her that while he was 'Father' within the Church, he was also 'Brother' within the Lodge.

*name*, I really just don't recall his name

We also had a Catholic Priest that was a "Brother."

Old 06-10-2013, 06:09 PM

12,770 posts, read 11,564,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
Is it possible that on the lower levels it is nothing but a party and help one another but the higher levels that few are privy to have a special agenda known only to themselves?
That is correct, but the upper 5% lie to the rest of them. Who they really are can be easily found by those that seek the truth.
Most Masons don't even know the true meaning of their symbolism
David Icke - Freemasons,Satanism and Symbolism

Old 06-10-2013, 06:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
That is correct, but the upper 5% lie to the rest of them. Who they really are can be easily found by those that seek the truth.

Yeah right. BTW I have a bridge to sell you.

Old 06-10-2013, 06:30 PM

11,078 posts, read 15,080,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
Well let's see how many you can name? Those who are not are: Baptists, Pres, Episcopalian, Methodist, Anglican, So Baptist, so what does that leave us? other than the Lutherans, I don't know what major Christian religions are left? Of course most of us, who know anything about freemasons know the Roman Catholics are anti Masons. But that is something that has been known for generations, now what else can you name?

Nita
Pentecostals are VERY anti mason...AOG,UPC,Holiness,Oneness...all of that herd preaches against them..I was 3rd generation MM and my dad and grandfather were both scottish rites 32nd and we all worked our way up through the chairs...no blue light for us...I started going to Church about 8 yrs ago and they flat tore the Masons up constantly...I see both sides of it and ill just leave it at that.

Old 06-10-2013, 07:01 PM

32,816 posts, read 19,483,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty011 View Post
You have to ask a Mason to join. It has to be of your own will to join. They do not ask anyone.
thank you scotty

can you tell me the difference between the different halls/branches

ie is one group for only certain types of people....ie one hall is all ironworkers (etc)

Old 06-10-2013, 07:04 PM

32,816 posts, read 19,483,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
should have known....

claudhopper and a conspiracy

Old 06-10-2013, 07:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
thank you scotty

can you tell me the difference between the different halls/branches

ie is one group for only certain types of people....ie one hall is all ironworkers (etc)

No. Mostly all branches are geared for anyone. The only thing different is, the York Rite. It is mostly Christian in the rituals, but Jewish and others are free to join.

Old 06-10-2013, 07:11 PM

10,016 posts, read 12,578,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weichert View Post
I think that I've read that George Washington himself was a member.
The American revolution was truely a Masonic revolution. All of it's principles were Masonic in nature and most of the leaders were freemasons themselves.

Most American symbolism is Masonic. Washington DC is like a massive Masonic temple and is laid out according to Masonic principles. American money is covered with Masonic symbols and slogans.

America was sen as the "New order of the ages". It says so right on the dollar bill. Masons have always been involved and central to the idea of "One world government".

Masonic thought was most definitely the origin of and propagation of "Liberalism" in all of it's forms.

Old 06-10-2013, 07:19 PM

Famous Masons in World History

More than a few famous Masons were U.S. Presidents
including Washington, Monroe, Andrew Jackson, Polk,
Buchanan, Andrew Johnson, Garfield, McKinley, Taft,
Theodore Roosevelt, Harding, Franklin D. Roosevelt,
Harry S. Truman, and Gerald R. Ford.

Freemasons were instrumental and participated in the
American Revolution. I bet you thought they were just
a bunch of old guys eating pot luck & swapping stories.
Just a few MORE from that era include: Benjamin Franklin,
John Hancock, Paul Revere, and John Paul Jones.

Some well known military leaders were also famous masons.
These easily recognizable names include: George C. Marshall,
Gen. Omar Bradley, John J. Pershing, Douglas McArthur,
Eddie Rickenbacker, and Jimmy Doolittle.

The fight for the Republic of Texas included fellow masons
Sam Houston, Jim Bowie, Davy Crockett, Jim Bowie, and
Santa Ana.

Is this a list of evil men?

Famous Masons in American and World History

Old 06-10-2013, 07:31 PM

Who are some famous Freemasons in US History?

This site answers a lot of questions that people have about Masonry.

Such as this.

Is Masonry a secret society? No. It is sometimes said that Freemasonry is a "Society with secrets, not a secret society." In point of fact, however, any purported Masonic "secrets" were made public several centuries ago in London newspapers, and today can be found in the Library of Congress, on the Internet, and in many books on the subject. As Benjamin Franklin once said, "The great secret of Freemasonry is that there is no secret at all."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies