Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-10-2013, 07:11 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,800,664 times

Advertisements

Originally Posted by weltschmerz
Got it. Only valedictorians who invoke the Lord's Prayer are allowed to break the rules.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sco View Post
Conservative outrage is selective. If that same valedictorian had decided to break the rules by discussing his lifelong atheism or reciting a portion of the Quran in Arabic, they would be calling for massive punishment and reprisal. Many of them seem to think that being Christian means you can do whatever you want.
This isn't a conservative/liberal issue. It's a dress code, not religious suppression. Bt your analogy the validictorian should have been sent home until be stopped believing in God. How rediculous can progressives become in their quest to deprive themselves of all reason?

Geez
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2013, 07:15 PM

7,541 posts, read 6,277,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post
Originally Posted by weltschmerz
Got it. Only valedictorians who invoke the Lord's Prayer are allowed to break the rules.

This isn't a conservative/liberal issue. It's a dress code, not religious suppression. Bt your analogy the validictorian should have been sent home until be stopped believing in God. How rediculous can progressives become in their quest to deprive themselves of all reason?

Geez

and the dress code didn't address make-up for either boys or girls, so why was the boy targeted?

Old 06-10-2013, 07:16 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,273,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
Actually I couldn't find one word from the school districts student handbook regarding makeup.
https://www.pcsb.org/images/stories/...s/code1213.pdf

Dress code starts on page 6.

The school doesn't have any additional dress code listed on it's website.
I have to give you props here. Most wont bother looking something up like this to back up their position. I do very much appreciate when someone does.

Old 06-10-2013, 07:17 PM

7,300 posts, read 6,740,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by All American NYC View Post
So his parents is going to start a petition every time he breaks a rule?
Let him try that at a job. He'll be so fired. There are dress codes everywhere. Why are schools suddenly the exception?

Old 06-10-2013, 07:19 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,690,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
Then you're a rare bird in a flock of paternalistic, controlling idiots.

No, a flock of pretenders, to gain power.
Why do you think it is a totally different party take the reigns, and nothing changes, only the rate at which the control takes place. It is still control and power, towards the New World Order, of control and intervention.

Live & let live. You will have more friends.
But, I do have the right to laugh at your ass!

Last edited by BentBow; 06-10-2013 at 07:39 PM..

Old 06-10-2013, 07:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saritaschihuahua View Post
Let him try that at a job. He'll be so fired. There are dress codes everywhere. Why are schools suddenly the exception?
I had to cut my hair when I got out of school and got a job. There was no harm done by growing my hair out before I had any real responsibilities.

Old 06-10-2013, 07:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
I had to cut my hair when I got out of school and got a job. There was no harm done by growing my hair out before I had any real responsibilities.
Every institution and place has dress codes, rules, etc.

Old 06-10-2013, 07:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saritaschihuahua View Post
Every institution and place has dress codes, rules, etc.
Yes, not long before before my time they banned boys from having long hair. Is it really a big deal they no longer do?

Old 06-10-2013, 07:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Yes, not long before before my time they banned boys from having long hair. Is it really a big deal they no longer do?
The law firm I work at has a bazillion dress and hair codes. No tats exposed, no dreds, no nose rings, business casual, etc. etc.

Old 06-10-2013, 07:42 PM

10,190 posts, read 7,964,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arus View Post
A lot do. Put on moisturizer? that's a type of make-up (and its good for your skin, usually contains sun block and helps to clear up acne).

Actually I know many men who buy foundation to help even their skin tone, and to take advantage of the sunblock built within (its cheaper than buying actual face sunblock which a 5oz tube can cost $8-$12). A compact powder foundation or a BB Cream cost much less.

In your highly ignorant opinion. Normal is subjective.

so people accepting that men and women can both wear make-up are causing the economic problems, homelessness, immigration issues, women being under paid what men get, reproductive rights issues, and medical coverage issues?

Wow, who'd of thunk?

Boy you sure read a lot into a little post. Exaggerate much?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies