Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-11-2013, 09:34 AM

7,300 posts, read 6,734,327 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty011 View Post
What are you in? The Fashion industry?
Heck, even the sanitation dept has dress codes! I'd like to know what kind of industry he's in. Part of the problem kids are having today is that they're often taught that anything goes, and when they get older they think anything goes with regard to finding jobs and KEEPING jobs, finding a social life and KEEPING a social life, etc. It's up to parents to teach kids how to function in life. Kids don't live in a zoo.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2013, 09:34 AM

18,630 posts, read 19,421,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDGeek View Post
What is a 14 year-old doing wearing makeup to school anyway? Every school I ever attended, makeup for females was not allowed. Some girls got away with light powder and mascara, but I never wore anything other than chapstick!
Degeneracy for everyone!

I remember one of my female friends got her butt whooped by her mom for wearing make up. We were waiting for the bus and the mom just started wailing on her. She was 16 at the time. The beating didn't do much good she ended up knocked up our senior year.

Old 06-11-2013, 09:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by passwithoutatrace View Post
I'm trying to find the part of the dress code that bans makeup on boys. It doesn't seem to say anything about makeup for either gender.
There's also no life code that says you can't have tattoos on your face, yet companies will not hire people with tattoos on their faces.

Old 06-11-2013, 09:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Bach View Post
Sounds like a slightly creepy family...I wonder if the kid would be into make up if he were being raised by a common carpenter who was married to a rural school teacher? The luxury of being a freak...only in a first world nation where people have first world problems - that consist of some geek wearing makeup and standing up for his so-called human rights- JUST DAMNED SILLY!
I agree. And just because he's in a lesbian family, that doesn't mean they don't live on this earth, and don't have to abide by rules, nor that he shouldn't be taught how to live in life, how to get a job, how to behave around others, how to be part of life. Parents that don't teach and help their kids to function in life, are negligent parents.

Old 06-11-2013, 09:42 AM

1,466 posts, read 1,229,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
Degeneracy for everyone!

I remember one of my female friends got her butt whooped by her mom for wearing make up. We were waiting for the bus and the mom just started wailing on her. She was 16 at the time. The beating didn't do much good she ended up knocked up our senior year.
No, degeneracy for that kid. Not that I consider it degeneracy, but even if you do, it's only the one kid that is degenerating. He's not making anyone else wear makeup.

Are you saying makeup causes girls to get pregnant? Not that I'm surprised. I don't know what school was like in the 50s but these days most girls apply a little bit of makeup, and it doesn't hurt anything. Although personally I think less is more.

Old 06-11-2013, 09:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
The bullies are the ones with a problem, and will probably just strengthen his convictions in the end... so I guess this isn't the most horrible solution, when you think about it.
Yes, bullies are nasty people. However, it's up to parents to help their kids fit in and function within life, not to allow them to set their own rules and function bizarrely and like Bozo the Clown. Parents are there for a reason - to teach kids how functioning is done. Kids aren't born knowing these things, and merely letting them guess, is just bad parenting.

Old 06-11-2013, 09:44 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,210,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saritaschihuahua View Post
Kids are not human and should not be taught human rules and codes?
There are no such rules and codes.

Old 06-11-2013, 09:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
There are no such rules and codes.
ROFLMAO! Don't raise kids, will you?

Old 06-11-2013, 09:49 AM

7,168 posts, read 5,366,904 times
Funny how how the left and gays accuse the Christian right of trying to jam their morality down the nations throats. But here we have the same thing of the gay ideology being rammed down everyones throats. Pot meet kettle?

Old 06-11-2013, 09:53 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,210,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saritaschihuahua View Post
ROFLMAO! Don't raise kids, will you?
Indeed but I didn't allow others to set the rules and codes for me. I have 5. 27, 23, 22, 22 and 11.

How they dressed in school has had very little bearing on those no longer in school. I didn't care much for the all black clothes phase but I knew it was just that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies