Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-23-2013, 10:22 PM

24,488 posts, read 41,146,617 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
What the hell did I say that would give you the opinion that I support big government? I'm about as libertarian as they come
In this very thread you were defending your big government giving out loans to big banks and people.

Old 06-23-2013, 10:25 PM

3,617 posts, read 1,822,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
They are out there trying to make a difference, what are you doing? It is not us against them, they are us.
Stop trying so hard to make enemies, we need all hands on deck.

I will never go out and assist people who want to STEAL the earnings of another. THAT is what Occupy seeks, and their entitlement mentality is what I oppose.

Old 06-23-2013, 10:33 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,867,563 times
Boy those were very young looking seniors I saw on TV with the kids in their arms and with them at tea party rallies. Well behaved also. What I saw at Occupy was very young people many obviously of college age and a lot of street people when interviewed. Heard more complain about women being molested;drug usage and bands announced to play not showing up than any real protest.

Old 06-24-2013, 03:57 AM
bUU

12,074 posts, read 10,707,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KS_Referee View Post
Liar.
Predictably transgressive. You've lost the argument on the merits, your perspective exposed as self-centered and selfish, and so you stoop to childish name-calling.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ted08721 View Post
You people should just come out and say that you do not care if another man dies in the gutter for lack of food, healthcare etc.
That's really the crux of the issue... right-wing apologists cannot be truly honest about their perspective because in one way or another they realize that it is patently offensive on a moral level, and that would be clearly evident if they were fully honest in their comments.

Old 06-24-2013, 04:35 AM

13,255 posts, read 12,129,807 times
Quote:
Government giving people money who live in poverty, thus enabling them to stay poor isnt a talking point, its a fact

We do means test government benefits for a reason
You don't even understand what I'm saying.

Your contradicting everything your saying in this thread. And don't even know it.

Old 06-24-2013, 04:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KS_Referee View Post
You mean I should be out on the streets with you, demanding a portion of what another person earns? I don't think so. I'm content with what "I" earn, and if I really need more, I'll figure out a way to EARN more on my own.
Nobody's coming after your baby check KS Referee.

Stop acting like your some corporate exec or something.

Old 06-24-2013, 04:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sol11 View Post
A difference in WHAT? Even OWS are not coherent on who they blame, ....other than the broad term "Wall Street". Hell, the OWS crowd here has such a broad definition of whom they blame that it is laughable:

Those that take more than they should from all of us and force people into poverty, that destroy the environment and cause death and suffering around the world.

Honestly, OWS did little except cause their own negative press, but in true liberal fashion they blame some media "conspiracy" for their failures. You say they are "trying to make a difference", but damned if I can see any progress. Mostly they just cause police overtime, excessive cleanup of the premises they occupied, and destruction of private property,.....all at taxpayer expense. The OWS crowd were jealous that corporations and banks got loans as a bailout tool, and the government refused to abolish student loans.

OWS was looking for more government control and less personal responsibility. That's not something I feel is in my best interest, or in the best interest of this country. Government is too big and has little accountability. Making it larger and more intrusive is not something most Americans can support.
So now your an Occupy expert?

Occupy obviously had an impact. There's been lots on here who've recognized the issues that were brought up were legit.

There's only about 3 posters (yourself, PghQuest, and KS Refereee) who have typed about 90% of the opposition post in this thread.

Old 06-24-2013, 04:44 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,118,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJBest View Post
In this very thread you were defending your big government giving out loans to big banks and people.
No I didnt.. I stated THEY DID, thats a fact.. I've been a long time opponent of those loans

Old 06-24-2013, 04:46 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,118,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtownoe View Post
You don't even understand what I'm saying.

Your contradicting everything your saying in this thread. And don't even know it.
I'm not contradicting a thing. maybe you're like the nutball above here who thinks me posting a fact = I support it..

Old 06-24-2013, 04:47 AM

Quote:
I'm not contradicting a thing. maybe you're like the nutball above here who thinks me posting a fact = I support it..
No what your doing is deflecting, distracting, and spreading misinformation. While not posting any real alternatives or solutions.

Your wasting space in the thread. Government paycheck??
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies