Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-23-2013, 09:44 AM

10,834 posts, read 14,938,291 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenneth-Kaunda View Post
Occupy sounds like a good idea to me, especially if it makes the bankstas pay
Why here is the face of the occupy movement now and he ain't pooping but showing is disdain for corporatist neoNazi capitalists the world over!

Quote:
What kind of person does this? Why would you be a part of any movement that draws people like this to your side? A complete lack of decency, a lack of respect for authority, and obviously zero regard for his own dignity. If the cop whose car this is walked out and witnessed this, I’d have no problem with them beating him unconscious with their night stick . The man is nothing more than a dirty animal.
Meanwhile the occupy types fully support unlimited immigration falling right in line with their corporate masters.

http://whatreallyhappened.com/content/corporate-interests-line-behind-immigration-bill

But remember, to be against unlimited immigration is racism and bad so follow your corporate masters.

Old 06-23-2013, 10:35 AM

2,930 posts, read 2,224,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ted08721 View Post
I do not sell my pictures of these events, anyone that has a SmugMug account will tell you that the link you can click in the upper right hand corner is a link by SmugMug where people can purchase pictures at cost, I make no money, I do not even know if someone even purchases a picture, it is just a convenience for people.

My pictures at my site are available to bloggers, organizational newsletters, to individuals to share with their family and friends and for other non profit use, anyone can just click and copy my images.
I also make high resolution images available upon request I do all this with out charging anyone a cent.
I do this as part of my contribution to the causes that I believe in, btw my pics have been used by attorneys for court cases where activists have been arrested.

Having said that I recently realise that in order to continue to support our community of activists with my photography, I do need to somehow create a cash flow to make ends meet.
Just in the past week or so I came up with an idea that will help not only me but also the non profit organizationns I have come to know very well.
I have created several picture calendars which I will share the profits with several non profit groups, I have already started contacting the leaders of these groups and have recieved a positive response.
One is with actions involving drones, the other has pictures from various actions to close Guantanamo, the third calendar is for a particular group that I will withhold their name right now until I finalise things with the group.
Thes pictures have been taken at the White House, Capital Hill, CIA Headqurters and other locations thoughout the Metro D.C. area.

This past Thursday I recieved several of these calendars I have only showed them to a friend that is a non activist but does photography as a hobby and he liked the calendars ditto for my daughter.
These calendars will be for 2014, now I don't even know if this idea will will workout or not, profit margins will be slim, one just has to go to a Walgreens type store and see what it costs to produce a photo calendar it is in the neighborhood of $20 for one, I really have to submit a very large order to get the price down to within reason to produce and sell these calendars. Several activists that I mention this project to said they would get one.

So in a way I have to thank the above poster who has been a bit of a nuisance with this strange obsession of following me around the internet making comments alledging I was profiting from my pictures for maybe putting a bug in my ear and the introduction to make my announcement, but my real inspiration for this project has been family, friends and fellow activists who have repeatedly told me that it was ok for me to profit from all the effort I put into covering these events. Anyone intersted in more details can contact me.
First of all,...I haven't been "following (you) around the internet". I believe there have been only a handful of threads in which we shared any comments, and those have been about the loser within the OWS movement. Your pictures and commets are not worthy of the "stalking" you describe. Sorry to burst your ego bubble.

Secondly, your own webpage makes a liar out of you in the "Terms of Sale":1. Pricing; Payment Terms
All prices are listed in U.S. dollars and are valid until altered by us. SmugMug currently accepts VISA, MasterCard, Discover and American Express credit cards. SmugMug reserves the right to change the payment methods it accepts at any time without notice. If we are unable to process a payment using your credit card on file, we may, but are under no obligation to, call you using your telephone number on file to ask whether you wish to use an alternative
form of payment. We may terminate your Subscription or your order for Products, withhold upgrades to the Services, and take such other action as appropriate if we are unable to process your credit card payment and you do not provide an alternative form of payment. You agree to reimburse SmugMug for any and all costs incurred in collecting amounts owed by you to SmugMug, including, without limitation, attorneys' fees and costs of collection agencies.

Old 06-23-2013, 10:44 AM

9,855 posts, read 15,207,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtownoe View Post
I checked it and edited it.

The graph doesn't tell the whole story of the current Economic situation and the financial problems Americans are having in this country.

For example. Let's use a baseline of $10 an hour. Working full time you'll make $400 per week. About $315-330 per week in most states in take home pay.

To fill up your car it could cost $60 per week. That's to get to work and run your errands.

Rent could knock out another $125 per week on the low end. Your left with $145 per week

Factor in a car payment. Car insurance. Food expenses and what are you looking at?
Yet again, as a percentage of take home pay, we pay less for the above today than we did 50 years ago. We have vastly larger homes today and vastly more extravagant means of transportation today than ever before. Adjusting for those factors, we pay dramatically less today than ever before in history. How is that so hard for you to understand?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtownoe View Post
So its better to improve yourself through crony no-bid contracts? Or imprisoning other Americans unjustly for profit?
I am not sure where you are coming from with any of this. 99% of wall street firms will give anyone a chance if they have an MBA and a CFA or CFP who have also passed the series 7, regardless of who they are. There is no cronyism involved, just the desire of the individual to actually work hard and study. If the OWS people spent that time in a library studying instead of whining on the street, they could have actually earned a good job. But hey, it sure is easier to protest in the street than it is to spend nights and weekends studying, isn't it?

Stop constructing straw men to justify the laziness of other people.

Old 06-23-2013, 11:20 AM

11,998 posts, read 12,938,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hnsq View Post
I am not sure where you are coming from with any of this. 99% of wall street firms will give anyone a chance if they have an MBA and a CFA or CFP who have also passed the series 7, regardless of who they are. There is no cronyism involved, just the desire of the individual to actually work hard and study. If the OWS people spent that time in a library studying instead of whining on the street, they could have actually earned a good job. But hey, it sure is easier to protest in the street than it is to spend nights and weekends studying, isn't it?

It's not a straw-man. Wall Street is blind to where profit comes from-so long as it's there. It is perceived profit-profit on paper while destroying society. Crony corporate prison contracts, the well documented military industrial complex, Federal Reserve favoritism with their self-deemed "Too Big To Fail" Banks. War, Bailouts, Prison State-it's all connected. Our Federal Government colludes with multi-national corporations to create monopolies and Wall St perpetuates it.

It is unhealthy for our society and our country and you are blind to it too because it profits you personally.

Old 06-23-2013, 11:30 AM

8,347 posts, read 7,242,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2e1m5a View Post
It's not a straw-man. Wall Street is blind to where profit comes from-so long as it's there. It is perceived profit-profit on paper while destroying society. Crony corporate prison contracts, the well documented military industrial complex, Federal Reserve favoritism with their self-deemed "Too Big To Fail" Banks. Our Federal Government colludes with multi-national corporations to create monopolies and Wall St perpetuates it.
It is unhealthy for our society and you are blind to it too because it profits you personally.
While I'm agreement with most, if not all of your post, let's begin at the beginning shall we? Let's at least try to get the money out of DC, let's try to stop the pandering of corporations, special interests and lobbyists patronizing politicians. Presently, DC is a vacuum of wealth for legislators, if you remove the money, then you'll have the government working for the voter. DC politicians are at the heart of the problem.

We actually need people in politics who are not motivated by lining their pockets, or their friend's pockets.

Old 06-23-2013, 11:36 AM

4,437 posts, read 4,868,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sol11 View Post
First of all,...I haven't been "following (you) around the internet". I believe there have been only a handful of threads in which we shared any comments, and those have been about the loser within the OWS movement. Your pictures and commets are not worthy of the "stalking" you describe. Sorry to burst your ego bubble.

Secondly, your own webpage makes a liar out of you in the "Terms of Sale":1. Pricing; Payment Terms
All prices are listed in U.S. dollars and are valid until altered by us. SmugMug currently accepts VISA, MasterCard, Discover and American Express credit cards. SmugMug reserves the right to change the payment methods it accepts at any time without notice. If we are unable to process a payment using your credit card on file, we may, but are under no obligation to, call you using your telephone number on file to ask whether you wish to use an alternative
form of payment. We may terminate your Subscription or your order for Products, withhold upgrades to the Services, and take such other action as appropriate if we are unable to process your credit card payment and you do not provide an alternative form of payment. You agree to reimburse SmugMug for any and all costs incurred in collecting amounts owed by you to SmugMug, including, without limitation, attorneys' fees and costs of collection agencies.
Maybe I should get a restraining order against you if there is such a thing for the internet after all you really creep me out at times, just don't show up on my doorstep I will call the police.
You keep posting that "terms of sale" you dug up at the Smugmug site, that alone is creepy enough that you went through the trouble to find that and keep posting it , the fact that you think it somehow proves your point makes it even more creepy.
You really should get a life.

Old 06-23-2013, 11:49 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,118,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ted08721 View Post
You really should get a life.
Some of us think the same for those who attend the OWS activities.

Old 06-23-2013, 12:01 PM

11,998 posts, read 12,938,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoJiveMan View Post
While I'm agreement with most, if not all of your post, let's begin at the beginning shall we? Let's at least try to get the money out of DC, let's try to stop the pandering of corporations, special interests and lobbyists patronizing politicians. Presently, DC is a vacuum of wealth for legislators, if you remove the money, then you'll have the government working for the voter. DC politicians are at the heart of the problem.

We actually need people in politics who are not motivated by lining their pockets, or their friend's pockets.
I agree with that. The next protests need to be in DC, and with Millions in attendance.

Old 06-23-2013, 12:11 PM

13,255 posts, read 12,129,807 times
Quote:
Yet again, as a percentage of take home pay, we pay less for the above today than we did 50 years ago. We have vastly larger homes today and vastly more extravagant means of transportation today than ever before. Adjusting for those factors, we pay dramatically less today than ever before in history. How is that so hard for you to understand?

I'm glad that you cleared things up because it gives you even less credibility.

The numbers are probably more in line with what I was thinking.

Adjust for inflation prices from the past, to prices now.

Your missing the point.

Have you ever worked outside of the Finance industry? Do you believe EVERYBODY can work in the Finance industry?

You keep relating your personal situation to that of the Macro Economic situation.

People can not afford to pay their bills. Not a small portion, a large portion of the working population. If everybody were doctors who'd cook our food? If we're all CEO's where are our employees coming from? If we're all cooks, who's gonna serve the food??

Your not grasping the Macro situation. Maybe that's why you keep relating it back to personal situations.

Old 06-23-2013, 02:11 PM

10,553 posts, read 9,651,677 times
Quote:

How many of the new hires in Wall St firms are graduates from Ivy League colleges? I only know three people who worked on Wall St. --- one went to Harvard, one went to Florida Atlantic University, and one was a high-school graduate taking IT courses, but they said that a lot of the new hires were from Ivy League colleges.

The problem is finding a firm that will sponsor you for series 7. Unless you're fresh out of college, that's hard to do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies