Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-21-2013, 06:34 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,222,338 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
No one, repeat, no one said the IRS did nothing wrong. BUT the 'all roads lead to the White House" propaganda put forth by Issa and other Teapublican hacks - were WRONG.

T
Where did Issa say this? I've asked for this quote over and over and over but as of yet nobody has provided it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2013, 06:45 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,877,697 times
Anyone else notice that the top official that took the 5th isn't I the mews. I bet seeing as she actually made statement of evidence that her lawyer is in talks right now to avoid being called and face contempt of congress or face federal court on the issue.

Old 06-21-2013, 06:58 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,366,997 times
Nobody has explained how the NOM donor list was leaked. Or why Catherine Engelbrecht was deluged by federal investigations after she applied for 501 C4 status.

But leftwingers are ready to say cased close, nothing to see here, move on.

Wutitiz's law: no matter how egregious the corruption, left wingers will step up to defend the indefensible. That speaks volumes about left wingers.

Old 06-21-2013, 07:06 PM

8,391 posts, read 6,299,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
Actually, it's liberals that are blind to reality. They just can't see that our government is too big, too powerful, and working against the average citizen.

So, from your tone, I assume you think it's OK that the IRS targets groups based on political leanings?
Nonsense, conservatives support the size of the federal government. In fact, the largest federal government programs are by far the most popular federal government programs. Go look at polling data regarding the programs the federal government and support for military spending, medicare, social security, medicaid, Chip, military and federal government pensions and benefits, unemployment, etc.

In terms of the IRS, I don't support targeting of anyone.

Old 06-21-2013, 07:09 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,128,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
No one, repeat, no one said the IRS did nothing wrong. BUT the 'all roads lead to the White House" propaganda put forth by Issa and other Teapublican hacks - were WRONG.

T
Um, news flash, the IRS "scandal" was that conservatives were targeted

Now that you admit the IRS did wrong, I guess the whole thread is garbage..

Old 06-22-2013, 04:23 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,550,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Um, news flash, the IRS "scandal" was that conservatives were targeted
By a conservative at the IRS. Tax protest groups filing for tax exempt status drew some additional scrutiny. Big deal. They should have been checked out more thoroughly. The whole 501c3/c4 business stinks to high heaven. The sad part is that none of the amateurish political hacks on these "investigative committees" (like Issa) will do anything about changing that part of the tax code.

You Obamaphobes went right off the deep end bellowing that the president was targeting political enemies. You were screeching about impeachment and "worse than Watergate" just as loudly as the GOP morons in DC who kept blathering about nonexistent crimes, hoping beyond hope that maybe one of their wild, baseless allegations would come to something.

News flash: they dissipated like a fart in a windstorm.

Precisely because they were wild baseless allegations with nothing behind them but blind hyperpartisan hatred.

But look at the bright side. It got the haters several weeks of psychotic, spittle-spewing emotion to soothe their wounds from November's huge humiliation.

Quote:
Now that you admit the IRS did wrong, I guess the whole thread is garbage..
When guessing is all you've got, you're almost invariably wrong.

Old 06-22-2013, 04:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
By a conservative at the IRS.
That was the label that Cummings placed upon them. It was also one employee that would seem to be in conflict with what others have said.

Old 06-22-2013, 04:47 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,550,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
That was the label that Cummings placed upon them. It was also one employee that would seem to be in conflict with what others have said.

Keep fishing. You might come up with another minnow.

Old 06-22-2013, 04:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
Keep fishing. You might come up with another minnow.
Would you mind quoting the employee for me? ( i imagine this is another case where I will never see the quote I ask for)

Old 06-22-2013, 04:54 AM

5,735 posts, read 3,254,973 times
WOW! NPR! Fair and balanced Obama whores! Who would have thought

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmeraldCityWanderer View Post

The IRS Scandal, Totally Debunked - YouTube

6 Surprising Things About The IRS Scandal : It's All Politics : NPR

Darrell Issa only leaked the partial transcripts in order to make it look like Democrats look like they were targeting Tea Party groups. Turns out John Shafer was a conservative Republican that took the applications so they could make a consistent decision on Tea Party applications, all of which passed.

Another "scandal" that turns out to be a lie, for a conservative that lacks integrity.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies