Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-24-2013, 04:58 AM

12,638 posts, read 8,956,097 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
Only the delusional, deranged and racist would come to that conclusion.
When I hear such nonsense coming from a racist who thought OJ was innocent and voted for Oblama twice, I just laugh. You have no credibility on any issue, so forgive me while I laugh and disregard your idiotic comment.

Old 06-24-2013, 04:59 AM

8,391 posts, read 6,297,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
But, Mr Zimmerman did make stupid choice after stupid choice. He also put himself in the position.
What we don't know is what really happened during the confrontation.
Did they first exchange words that later led to blows? Zimmerman has that history as well.
or is it as Zimmerman claims that he was somehow ambushed?
We can all say his pursuing TM was harmless, but if you put yourself in TM's shoes it wouldn't feel harmless at all.
Did TM screw up? His part in the play got him killed.
How can anyone argue the fact that it was Zimmermans actions that led to the confrontation? He is the one that provoked a response.
As a younger man I might have been less restrained than I am today. I value my freedoms and rights. 1 such freedom is to be able to walk down the street with out wanna be heroes harassing me.
This doesn't mean that GZ didn't fear for his life. He may have. Or he was enraged by what he perceived as TM's complete lack of respect for him. He was the watch captain damn it.
I agree. I wrote to stupid people it was changed to some people by the moderator. I have been arguing rather effectively that Mr. Zimmerman made choice after choice after choice that led to contact with Mr. Martin.

No, his pursuit of Mr. Martin was not harmless, it was an aggressive action that 99% of people will never do. I have called the police on suspicious looking people.

I would not follow that person in a vehicle and I damn sure wouldn't get out of my car to pursue that person on foot with a loaded gun.

To pretend Mr. Zimmerman's behavior was normal is insanity. The dude was acting like he was a cop, but worse because cops don't pursue people without backup. The dude pursued Mr. Martin on foot with a loaded gun and then shot him, and claims self defense and too many people want to ask what did Mr. Martin do.

Hell, what didn't Mr. Martin have the right to do in that circumstance?

A grown man who has been following you in his car is now pursuing you on foot and that grown man has a loaded gun.

Again if one views things from Mr. Martin's eyes Mr. Zimmerman is a vicious violent person bent on hurting or killing him.

Old 06-24-2013, 05:02 AM

24,645 posts, read 38,655,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trace21230 View Post
When I hear such nonsense coming from a racist who thought OJ was innocent and voted for Oblama twice, I just laugh. You have no credibility on any issue, so forgive me while I laugh and disregard your idiotic comment.
Too bad I have never said OJ was innocent. And if there were a credible person running against Obama I may have thought about voting for them. As it stands I don't see any way you can brand me as racist, and I don't give a flying hockey puck what you think of anything I have ever said.

You, and your opinion, mean less than nothing to me.

Old 06-24-2013, 05:07 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,634,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna-501 View Post
Reread what she wrote.

Laws are not rights.

Laws restrict rights.

I read it right the first time.

Old 06-24-2013, 05:11 AM

1,458 posts, read 1,398,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna-501 View Post
If Zimmerman didn't have a gun he would have never got out of the truck.
Then he might have lied when he told the police he had forgotten he had his gun.

Quote:
During an interview and truth verification test on Feb. 27 that was recorded on video, Zimmerman said that he feared for his life when he fatally shot Martin and said he had forgotten he was carrying a gun until Martin reached for his holster.

“To be honest with you, the whole time I forgot that I had the gun. When he said I was going to die and I felt him brushing, it automatically clicked he was going for my gun," Zimmerman said.
Zimmerman

Old 06-24-2013, 05:14 AM

8,391 posts, read 6,297,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamBarrow View Post
You have no point.

There is nothing illegal about following someone. Period. End of story. You all really need to get off of this one, it's beyond old.

The only question here is who was the aggressor.
LOL, did I say anything about illegal? No.

The point who was the aggressor. Mr. Zimmerman followed Mr. Martin in his car and that is an aggressive choice. Mr. Zimmerman then got out of his car and pursued Mr. Martin on foot with a loaded gun and that is extremely aggressive choice. Those choices point to Mr. Zimmerman being very aggressive in ensuring that contact between himself and Mr. Martin occurred. It is very unlikely that once that contact took place that Mr. Zimmerman was no longer aggressive.

Old 06-24-2013, 05:43 AM

1,458 posts, read 1,398,723 times
Quote:
Here:
Why do head wounds bleed so heavily? - mcrh.org
you don't have to crack the skull for a lot of bleeding.
That said his wounds on the back of his head were not that bad. Doesn't mean it hurt like hell when it happened tho. I won't second guess that GZ felt he was hurt.
I still wonder why TM didn't have GZ's blood all over his fists. GZ claimed he was punched 25+ times in the face and head area.
1 punch? No blood or very little . Thats why I thing GZ was downed with 1 hit. It would also explain the lack of many cuts on the back of the head. he hit the ground, his head bounced off the pavement and he was cut.
That makes more sense than a repeated bashing and explaines why GZ's DNA was not found on TM.
While people are debating head cuts and bleeding, practically everyone points out one thing. None of the statements made by Zimmerman add up.

1. TM kept bashing his head on the sidewalk.
2. TM kept punching him (25 times?)
3. TM was suffocating him with a hand over his nose and a hand on his mouth
4. TM's body was found face down, a distance from the sidewalk where Zimmerman claims his head was being bashed.
5. While all of this savage beating is going on, TM somehow manages to avoid having any of Zimmerman's blood on him.
6. Zimmerman straddled the face down body, holding TM's hands apart
7. Somehow, the police found the body with hands folded underneath.

Earlier "stories" of Zimmerman getting out of his truck, and being assaulted from behind? His truck was quite a distance from the crime scene, which was also quite a distance from the Tee.

These are all items that the police questioned since Zimmerman's first statement. They didn't believe him. For those that have spent the time listening to the police interviews, the 911 calls, the non-emergency calls, you know there is a tremendous difference between the evidence and the statements, as well as a variety of conflicting statements.

This is the type of boring, tedious evidence and questioning that will happen during the trial. Zimmerman's defense is self-defense. That's hard to to stand on if you don't take the stand. If all any of us were presented in this case were the statements and the evidence, GZ would have a hard time getting off. No black, no white Hispanic, none of that nonsense. Just facts and statements and the defendant's own words.

I'm on the side of both the police and the initial DA's report. They know Zimmerman is lying, but the DA originally didn;t think they had enough evidence to prove it.

Old 06-24-2013, 05:45 AM

6,032 posts, read 9,213,226 times
^^ major problem with your assessment is that there is a witness who reported TRayvon on top of Zimmerman mounted mma style beating him....

FYI

Old 06-24-2013, 05:47 AM

11,186 posts, read 6,508,677 times
Quote:
Who mentioned fairies besides you?
The girl friend claims GZ was yelling at TM. Who was the aggressor from the beginning? GZ does have that nasty history of anger problems.
Look I am not a TM fan club member. I think he was a wanna be thug or a thug in the making.
My whole argument in this entire thing is simple.
TM wasn't doing anything wrong. He was walking home from the store. I would like to think he should be able to do that without being harassed. I know I can where I live.
Nothing will shake your view that gz followed because he's a wannabe cop with a hero complex. Here's a little context anyway from Feb. 2012 ---

ON FEB. 2, 2012, Zimmerman placed a call to Sanford police after spotting a young black man he recognized peering into the windows of a neighbor's home, according to neighbors. "I don't want to approach him, personally," Zimmerman said in the call, which was recorded. By the time police arrived, according to the dispatch report, the suspect had fled.

ON Feb. 6, the home of Tatiana Demeacis was burglarized. Two roofers working across the street said they saw two African-American men lingering in the yard at the time of the break-in. A new laptop and some gold jewelry were stolen. Police found Demeacis's laptop in the backpack of 18-year-old Emmanuel Burgess, police reports show, and charged him with dealing in stolen property. Burgess was the same man Zimmerman had spotted on Feb. 2.

The Retreat at Twin Lakes e-newsletter for February 2012 noted: "The Sanford PD has announced an increased patrol within our neighborhood...during peak crime hours. If you've been a victim of a crime in the community, after calling police, please contact our captain, George Zimmerman."

Inside George Zimmerman's world
-----------------------------
So, though they don't Always get away, they get away enough to commit other crimes. You and I wouldn't have followed tm with a gun. otoh, my neighborhood hasn't been in the midst of criminal activity over the recent past.

I think when jurors hear about the burglaries and thefts in his neighborhood, they'll have a better understanding of his behavior and attitude than wannabe cop with a hero complex.

Old 06-24-2013, 05:53 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,791,864 times
IMHO - Zimmerman is a lying bag of s**t that hunted and killed an unarmed kid just because Zimmerman wanted to be a "hero". Self defense my arse.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies