Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-01-2013, 12:42 PM

17,401 posts, read 11,984,970 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmeraldCityWanderer View Post
Citizens are allowed to vote for the government they wish, and they did.

California is broke after slashing the budget repeatedly while the GOP opposed new revenue increases. They have cut to the bone and beyond, to the point where essential services are being shut down. They went from lean and mean, to starving and dying, waiting for the deferred decision the GOP punted since 2009.
You made my day with that comment. I'm always up for a good laugh.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2013, 12:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
We don't need no education!
Education - yes.

Bloated salaries of the administrators - not so much.

Old 07-01-2013, 12:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bUU View Post
Why is anyone going on about gasoline taxes? Don't like 'em: Stop using so much gasoline! It's a scarce, non-renewable, polluting resource, dependence on which weakens the nation rather than strengthens it.
It's not like anyone has jobs in CA, anyway.

You do know that the reason the tax was increased is because people had "stopped using so much"?

Businesses and consumers use gas, and having to pay more will severely impact the state even more.

Old 07-01-2013, 12:57 PM

569 posts, read 671,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FKD19124 View Post
wha??????
We could end the issue of oil but the *******s refuse to drill in this country.
Private land drilling is on the increase even in CA. I happen to be a liberal who is for the drilling on private land. Gov Brown is also pretty open to drilling/fracking in CA. Doesn't hurt that Occidental Petroleum donated money to prop 30.

Prop. 30's big donors include big companies - SFGate

Old 07-01-2013, 01:00 PM

569 posts, read 671,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
Education - yes.

Bloated salaries of the administrators - not so much.
At the executive level. The random rank and file have not seen any bloating of their salaries. I have gotten a measly 3% raise in 5 years of which they took back 1.5% for pension increases the day they gave it.

Old 07-01-2013, 01:07 PM

24,511 posts, read 33,328,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmeraldCityWanderer View Post
Citizens are allowed to vote for the government they wish, and they did.

California is broke after slashing the budget repeatedly while the GOP opposed new [b][revenue increases. /B] They have cut to the bone and beyond, to the point where essential services are being shut down. They went from lean and mean, to starving and dying, waiting for the deferred decision the GOP punted since 2009.
Why not call it what it really is... tax hikes. I guess "revenue increases" sounds better.

Old 07-01-2013, 02:46 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,795,791 times
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post
I live here all my life, and we were bankrupted BY LIBERALS.
The GOP?
We've not had a conservative state in more than 40 years! You are hallucinating if you believe Cali is bankrupt because of the GOP!!! This is proof of just how disconnected some of you people really are!
Blaming the situation in California on the GOP... BLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH that's the most disconnected attempt at blame throwing I've ever seen in this dive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
Just like Illinois, also controlled by Democrats.

Illinois is the most Democrat-dominated state in the union, measured by the party’s control over state government and its votes for U.S. Senate and president. The Democrats have controlled the governor’s mansion and both houses of the legislature since January 2003.

Illinois -> Democrats -> Broke
Yet this gnome (OP) posts that it's the GOP? The only thing I find more incredible than his pretense is the fact that many people in here believe the same lie. The RNC is bad, but the DNC has become rancid.

The fact that these bots even try to differentiate between Bush and Obama is amazing at the very least. It's like rooting for a 20 yard run and booing a 20 yard pass. They both share the same result, just like Obama and GWBush.

Obama IS Bush on steroids. The left are hypocrites for backing this tyrant just because he's mulatto and wears a D on his sheepskin.

Old 07-01-2013, 02:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gidgetsmidget View Post
Private land drilling is on the increase even in CA. I happen to be a liberal who is for the drilling on private land. Gov Brown is also pretty open to drilling/fracking in CA. Doesn't hurt that Occidental Petroleum donated money to prop 30.
Brown is going to do what his special interests tell him to do. He is at the mercy of environMENTALists.

A new anti-fracking coalition submitted petitions to the governor last week, imploring him to slap a state-wide ban on the practice.
Fracking foes pressure Gov. Brown. | Fossils & Photons – Energy and Clean Tech | an SFGate.com blog

These are the people who voted for Brown. Brown has always been a pro-environment (he banned the smell of baking bread!!!) bat$hit crazy moonbeam. If you think Code Pink and Move ON will allow Brown to drill Cali, you will lose that bet.

Old 07-01-2013, 02:57 PM

6,073 posts, read 4,756,963 times
when did kalifornia become a state?

Old 07-01-2013, 03:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lionsgators View Post
when did kalifornia become a state?
I kan't remember anymore
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies