Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-02-2013, 08:37 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,773,354 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
The plan your employer is offering, if it is as bad as you are saying, probably won't be allowed once Obamacare comes on line. There is a minimum level of coverage required and maximums on things like deductibles. What you get is a little complicated depending on who you work for and how many employees there are. And to make matters worse, today the Obama admin gave a pass to large employers so they do not have to provide coverage for their employees for another year - a payback for the campaign donors I suppose.

Are you sure about this?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2013, 08:38 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,773,354 times
Quote:
I got it wrong on my comment above: SMALL employers are being exempted for a year, not LARGE ones. So if you work for a company that has less than 50 employees and your boss decides not to offer a plan, you can go on the exchanges. Frankly, I think everyone ought to go to the exchanges and the company can pay part or all of the tab instead of offering health care linked to a job. Under Obamacare, you won't be a slave to your health insurance as much as now, but it is still a dumbass system rooted in the industrial revolution and hurts employers and employees alike.
Thanks

Old 07-02-2013, 08:39 PM

39,081 posts, read 51,259,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
[/b]

Are you sure about this?
No I had it wrong. It's for the ones that have fewer than 50 employees as I understand it now. They won't have to pay fines for not covering emps and those uncovered employees will go on the exchanges.

Old 07-02-2013, 08:49 PM

39,081 posts, read 51,259,863 times
Quote:
No I had it wrong. It's for the ones that have fewer than 50 employees as I understand it now. They won't have to pay fines for not covering emps and those uncovered employees will go on the exchanges.
I gotta cut back on the weed. I was right the first time. Employers of fewer than 50 peeps do not need to provide insurance under O-care. The ones with more than 50 got another year to get their act together. Should be interesting.

Old 07-02-2013, 09:02 PM

37,143 posts, read 42,240,055 times
I'm fine with you going to jail for whatever reason, but you won't go for not buying health insurance. I'm also fine with people self insuring but let's be real...most people can't afford that. They can afford to talk big though, right up until they get a bad pathology report or break something, then it's "waaaaaaah".

Old 07-02-2013, 11:17 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,021,070 times
Well your not going to go to jail yet. I never thought I would see drones flying over our skies or our own government trying to take our arms away either though. We shall see how far they take it all. Once they implement their national database there will be nowhere to hide..........unless of course your an illegal.

Old 07-02-2013, 11:37 PM

33,572 posts, read 18,177,840 times
There is going to be a huge sucking sound of money into the healthcare system which will leave the economy with less money to businesses.. the young folk will not be out shopping so much as they have to buy healthcare insurance now or pay a fine.. and the fine will go up each year. More money for Obamacare and less money to businesses. Someone has to pay for more freebee's to millions more on medicaid healthcare.

Old 07-02-2013, 11:42 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,021,070 times
Add in the double whammy of the EPA global warming nonsense they are going to stick the poor middle class slobs they always claim to care about and our country is going to be in for one rough ride the next couple years and beyond if the loons retain power. Yes the "transformation" from a first to third world country is well on it's way.

Old 07-02-2013, 11:52 PM

11,768 posts, read 10,269,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
There is going to be a huge sucking sound of money into the healthcare system which will leave the economy with less money to businesses.. the young folk will not be out shopping so much as they have to buy healthcare insurance now or pay a fine.. and the fine will go up each year. More money for Obamacare and less money to businesses. Someone has to pay for more freebee's to millions more on medicaid healthcare.
The fine is limited to 2.5% of your MAGI.

Old 07-02-2013, 11:56 PM

12,149 posts, read 8,424,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
Between healthcare and student loans, kids are going to have a rough time in the next decade.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies