Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-07-2013, 01:45 AM

9,127 posts, read 7,944,791 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
Because of the haze and fog from industry.

Now, the coal industry (along with the good paying jobs) are gone.

Thank God for the environmentalists!

BTW....have you seen the haze over LA lately? The home central for the environmental movement?

LOL
Seems odd that someone who is for personal responsiblity would worry if a person can not or will not maintain an automobile. I wish I could just fill my truck with gas and go. Instead I have to pay for maintenance, insurance, taxes and licencing for the privilege of driving my truck on the public roads.

I have the choice of using the public roads or walking, riding a bike, public or private commercial transportation, or bumming a ride. It's a choice.

Secondly, Coal had it's era. Natural gas is abundant, cleanner burning and already supplied to most American homes. I've never bought coal for my home use. I cook, heat my home, heat my water with natural gas.

Trying to hold onto coal is like my mom holing on to an oil lamp "for when the lights go out"...with more than 5 flashlights at the hand.

Old 07-07-2013, 07:28 AM

20,948 posts, read 19,054,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimuelojones View Post
Seems odd that someone who is for personal responsiblity would worry if a person can not or will not maintain an automobile. I wish I could just fill my truck with gas and go. Instead I have to pay for maintenance, insurance, taxes and licencing for the privilege of driving my truck on the public roads.

I have the choice of using the public roads or walking, riding a bike, public or private commercial transportation, or bumming a ride. It's a choice.

Secondly, Coal had it's era. Natural gas is abundant, cleanner burning and already supplied to most American homes. I've never bought coal for my home use. I cook, heat my home, heat my water with natural gas.

Trying to hold onto coal is like my mom holing on to an oil lamp "for when the lights go out"...with more than 5 flashlights at the hand.
Funny.....coal STILL produces most of the worlds energy needs, so it's far from obsolete.

Secondly, the EPA is starting to place restrictions on the "cheap" plentiful natural gas.

"Fracking" is the primary tool used to mine natural gas and lefties are hell bent on stopping the practice, even to the point of making up stories about fire coming from household faucets (which has been occurring for centuries when using well water).

Good bye affordable energy in America.

It will primarily effect the poor.

Enjoy!

Old 07-07-2013, 07:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Common Anomaly View Post
I love how Cons want to make us like China.
Yea.

That's what we want.

Funny how public transit buses are exempt from emissions regulations. (anyone who ever got stuck behind one can attest), yet the lefties want people riding more of these pollution machines.

Besides.....your picture looks exactly like LA....the highest emission regulators in America!

Old 07-07-2013, 07:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJBest View Post
Chris Christie removed so many checks during inspection and reverted to the check engine light pass/fail. It should go back to the way it was. There's nothing wrong for passing or failing a car for functioning as intended... but they should actually run adequate checks.
Safety issues should be inspected due to public safety....brakes, tires, tail lights, turn signals, etc.

Emission lights on on the dashboard do not cause a public safety issue.

Again, the poor are the ones who will get hit the hardest.

The large city lefties and minorities voted for the very policies that turn around and bite them in the ass.

Enjoy!

Old 07-07-2013, 07:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJBest View Post
And the governor who pushed for looser inspections was Chris Christie (not that he cares much about health). This is a good example of the an ignorant OP taking a position based on his imagination. Sad that he gets to vote.
They're not loose enough to prevent poor people from failing inspection.

LOL

Old 07-07-2013, 07:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
Well it's been in NJ for decades, and the OP is in NJ, and trying to create the impression that this is something new here. It's not.

There has been a new "tax" for the working class added in NJ however, courtesy of Christie, a Republican - one of the first things he did was double tolls on NJ toll roads. If you work in AC and take the AC Expressway to work, it now costs $8.00 round trip, for a highway that's only 44 miles long. So apparently "environmentalists" aren't the only ones who don't care if the working poor have to pay extra "taxes". Nice try, though.
I never stated that it was "new".

It was, however, created by lefties with a "clean air" policy which only hurts those who can least afford to make the necessary repairs.

So in my opinion, this is the lefties war on the poor.

What about their starving children!

LOL

Old 07-07-2013, 07:44 AM

50,795 posts, read 36,501,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freemkt View Post
NJ has been doing routine vehicle inspections for decades. What's new is the emissions component, which probably was triggered by the EPA on the basis of air quality. So I don't think emissions testing is their choice, but they're not making anyone happy (except themselves) the way they're doing it.
Again, emissions testing is NOT new in NJ: (from NJ Spotlight)

"The elimination of the safety inspection ends a requirement that began in 1938 when New Jersey first began examining vehicles for safety violations. It began its auto emissions testing program in the mid-1970s."

Old 07-07-2013, 07:52 AM

50,795 posts, read 36,501,346 times
Quote:
I never stated that it was "new".

It was, however, created by lefties with a "clean air" policy which only hurts those who can least afford to make the necessary repairs.

So in my opinion, this is the lefties war on the poor.

What about their starving children!

LOL
Yes, and what about the tolls doubling, is that the "righties" war on the poor? Adds up to a lot more than an oxygen sensor.

You didn't STATE it was new, but going by your title you certainly tried to give that impression IMO. It certainly doesn't sound like it was 40 or so years ago, which is when it actually began.

Old 07-07-2013, 07:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
Yes, and what about the tolls doubling, is that the "righties" war on the poor? Adds up to a lot more than an oxygen sensor.

You didn't STATE it was new, but going by your title you certainly tried to give that impression IMO. It certainly doesn't sound like it was 40 or so years ago, which is when it actually began.
The tolls are due to government corruption.

For instance, the Delaware River Port Authority spends money building soccer stadiums in Chester Pa.

What does that have to do with the roads and bridges?

Regardless of when it started, it's been a burden on the poor.

Old 07-07-2013, 08:19 AM

5,510 posts, read 9,494,989 times
Quote:
Funny.....coal STILL produces most of the worlds energy needs, so it's far from obsolete.

Secondly, the EPA is starting to place restrictions on the "cheap" plentiful natural gas.

"Fracking" is the primary tool used to mine natural gas and lefties are hell bent on stopping the practice, even to the point of making up stories about fire coming from household faucets (which has been occurring for centuries when using well water).

Good bye affordable energy in America.

It will primarily effect the poor.

Enjoy!
I suppose these people are making things up too, right?
Youngstown News, Lordstown well a sign of things to come?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies