Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-09-2013, 08:17 AM

14,292 posts, read 9,695,534 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg_IA View Post
There is a lot of information... or misinformation?... about The Rothschilds. I don't know what to think other than they are super wealthy global bankers.

Do they control the world governments?

Are they evil?

What do you think?

Are we supposed to care about them?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2013, 08:18 AM

22,768 posts, read 30,774,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2e1m5a View Post
That somehow they were able to convince Governments in the west to pay interest for the use of their own national currencies. I don't believe that they wield the same influence on Central Banking today but I believe debt currency is outdated and unneeded.
I agree 100%

Rothschilds are VERY active in the field of academic macroeconomics. They support a lot of these economic think-tanks.. they also own a major ownership stake in influential, respected media outlets like The Financial Times and The Economist.. and it isn't out of altruism... I believe it is to protect their business model from government intervention.

I don't know how much influence they actually exert, or have exerted in the past centuries, in the development of mainstream economics --- I suspect that they "won their battles" in setting mainstream economic ideology between 1850 and 1925, before any of us were born. Nonetheless, they definitely have a dog in the hunt of what's considered "acceptable policy" in high finance.

In other words, this historical propaganda of the "financial aristocrats" has long ago taken on a life of its own, and is now perpetuated through mainstream economics at places like Harvard, LSE, Wharton, etc., and the Rothschilds are one piece of that puzzle.

Last edited by le roi; 07-09-2013 at 08:30 AM..

Old 07-09-2013, 08:24 AM

11,998 posts, read 12,960,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by le roi View Post
How do you figure?

Not everyone takes part in this weird Pro-Semite / Anti-Semite freak show. Some of us genuinely do not care.
Completely agree! But of course I knew that those same tired accusations would be all over this thread.
It doesn't even make any sense---from everything I've read, The Rothschild's do not practice the Jewish faith.

It is very dangerous to instantly start labeling people bigots and racists when they are talking about individual people and families and yet we let it happen all the time when it comes to The Rothschilds.

Anti-Semitism is real and maybe the people that are so quick to accuse others have experienced it in their lives, but please, why can't we have a conversation about one of the most powerful familes in modern history without the wild accusations?

Last edited by 2e1m5a; 07-09-2013 at 08:35 AM..

Old 07-09-2013, 09:59 AM

8,483 posts, read 6,945,356 times
Without data hard to discuss much. Nowadays with the corporate veil, off-shoring, sandwiches, shadow banking etc... Hard to tell exactly what is going on with such opaqueness. I find many are unaware of what is in plain sight, much less all the more hidden aspects.

This book may be of interest on the topic.
The ROTHSCHILDS A FAMILY PORTRAIT: frederic Morton: 9780020230021: Amazon.com: Books

Old 07-09-2013, 10:05 AM

12,770 posts, read 11,583,017 times
I believe it was a Rothschild that said "Give me control of the money, and I care not who writes the laws".

Old 07-09-2013, 11:50 AM

18,630 posts, read 19,449,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
It's interesting that the Rothschilds' interests in Frankfurt were not touched during the Nazi era.
The Frankfurt branch went belly up long before Hitler. Rothschild properties in Vienna were confiscated and looted though. Jewish bankers were deemed enemy number 1 under Hitler.

I think this Rothschild/Nazi link gets some traction because some Rothschilds were committed Zionists and so were the Nazis for obvious reasons.

Old 07-09-2013, 11:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
I believe it was a Rothschild that said "Give me control of the money, and I care not who writes the laws".
Might be urban legend but Nathan Rothschild did say when there is blood in the street, buy.

Old 07-09-2013, 11:54 AM

20,892 posts, read 16,102,670 times
Quote:
It doesn't even make any sense---from everything I've read, The Rothschild's do not practice the Jewish faith.
Anti-Semitism has nothing to do with what they practice, it has to do with who they are.

Old 07-09-2013, 11:55 AM

20,892 posts, read 16,102,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
The quotation is a fake. There is no evidence that any Rothschild ever said that.

Old 07-09-2013, 11:58 AM

Quote:
Completely agree! But of course I knew that those same tired accusations would be all over this thread.

It is very dangerous to instantly start labeling people bigots and racists when they are talking about individual people and families and yet we let it happen all the time when it comes to The Rothschilds.

Anti-Semitism is real and maybe the people that are so quick to accuse others have experienced it in their lives, but please, why can't we have a conversation about one of the most powerful familes in modern history without the wild accusations?
That really isn't much of barometer. I dare say most assimilated Western Jews don't practice anything approaching Judaism. Doesn't mean they don't identify as Jews.

Look the Rothschilds were an immensely powerful family in the 19th century this is the source of a lot of these canards. Today Goldman Sachs & JP Morgan wield far more power they can bring down countries with a push of a button.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies