Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-09-2013, 01:04 PM

20,708 posts, read 19,351,786 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HistorianDude View Post
"Evil banking?" Do you even listen to yourself? Try to run an economy without banking. Go ahead, give it a shot. It would be fascinating to watch in the same morbid way you can't turn your eyes away from a train wreck.
I see that your response does not contain an argument of any kind, and that you stupidly think there is only one way to run a financial system. Not much to see.

Quote:
It's enough that the history of fiat money has nothing to do with the Rothschilds. That alone earns your dismissal. But those who attack fiat money are economic ignoramuses whose opinion on any issue more complex than a tinker-toy is suspect out of the gate.
If you had read any economic history, like Adam Smith like I did, you would note that regional bank notes were converted into gold specie once investment opportunities would become saturated. The more notes they tried to circulate the more they would come home and converted to specie. This put a limit on how many notes the regional bank could float. The Rothschild dynasty made this unnecessary and therefore could run on a much slimmer fraction of specie. They were also instumental in creating sovereign debt being of course false creditors. As Marx stated :
The state-creditors actually give nothing away, for the sum lent is transformed into public bonds, easily negotiable, which go on functioning in their hands just as so much hard cash would.

Marx, Das Kapital.

Really though nice job otherwise...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2013, 01:07 PM

20,892 posts, read 16,072,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynedd1 View Post
If you had read any economic history, like Adam Smith like I did, you would note that regional bank notes were converted into gold specie once investment opportunities would become saturated.
Hoping that I have correctly interpreted that convoluted excuse for an English sentence, that hasn't been true since the 10th Century Song Dynasty of China.

Old 07-09-2013, 01:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
While I won't go so far as to say the Jews deserved their treatment in the run up to WW2. The notion that they was no basis for anti-Jewish sentiment in Germany is simply not true.

Its not about deserving or not deserving. Those who perpetrated from those who were victims were similar only in nominal respects. Certainly I don't care much for their tribalism, but we are talking about two different groups of people including many German Jews who wanted nothing to do with all that business.

Old 07-09-2013, 01:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HistorianDude View Post
Hoping that I have correctly interpreted that convoluted excuse for an English sentence, that hasn't been true since the 10th Century Song Dynasty of China.
Right, and I suppose that means the Renaissance did not occur in the very distinct culture of Europe because after all China was well ahead. The Rothschilds are in the European sphere; they were instrumental in the creation of these instruments, and a financial culture of unproductive finance unlike the equity model. And I have better things to do then proof read it for ya...very busy.

When people decide to bring grammar into it, I only ask that they keep their own standard rather than butcherer it themselves. It takes a special kind to prop one's self up as an authority only to utterly embarrass themselves.
Go ahead, give it a shot.

You need to give grammar another shot.

Old 07-09-2013, 01:30 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,713,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by truthseeking View Post
CNBC Admits We're All Slaves To The Central Banks Which Are Controlled By The Rothschilds & Co!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1_Xh5qwnLeA

"The Rothschild's & their cohorts, who control the Federal Reserve and many other corporations"
Jim Iuorio , a transaction broker on the CME floor, was a guest on the Kudrow Report Show in June of 2012. What a guest says does not speak for a network.

Old 07-09-2013, 01:37 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,713,615 times
Quote:
Might be urban legend but Nathan Rothschild did say when there is blood in the street, buy.
This is the credo of many professional investors.

Buy When There's Blood In The Streets - Forbes

Old 07-09-2013, 01:45 PM

18,630 posts, read 19,411,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
This is the credo of many professional investors.

Buy When There's Blood In The Streets - Forbes
Fascinating but they got it from him.

Old 07-09-2013, 03:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynedd1 View Post
Right, and I suppose that means the Renaissance did not occur in the very distinct culture of Europe because after all China was well ahead. The Rothschilds are in the European sphere; they were instrumental in the creation of these instruments, and a financial culture of unproductive finance unlike the equity model. And I have better things to do then proof read it for ya...very busy.
The "spheres" were hardly isolated from each other, Marco Polo having returned in the 13th Century with a detailed, widely read and well received description of fiat currency under the Yuan Dynasty of the Great Kahn.

And in Europe itself, the first issue of paper fiat currency was in 1661 under royal charter from the Kingdom of Sweden. The Bank of Amsterdam followed in 1683. Perhaps you should get hold of a calendar, because this was a century prior to the Rothschilds beginning to accumulate their great wealth.

But moving beyond your simple historical incompetence, I prefer to drill down to the real issue here. You hate fiat money, which is generally characteristic only of economic ignoramuses and monetary nincompoops. Fiat money is an overwhelming good for economic systems, for the capacity of individuals to generate and accumulate wealth, for raising standards of living and the consumptive capacity of a society, for generalizing affluence and removing the frictions in trade systems that generate waste and inefficiency.

More to the point... ultimately all money is fiat money. Even gold coins.

People opposed to fiat money are almost without exception total nut-burgers.

Last edited by HistorianDude; 07-09-2013 at 04:04 PM..

Old 07-09-2013, 03:45 PM

Quote:
Fascinating but they got it from him.
That's the rumor... but nobody really knows. Furthermore, that is only part of the original quotation, whoever actually said it. The whole thing goes, "Buy when there is blood in the streets, even if the blood is your own."

Old 07-09-2013, 04:06 PM

14,492 posts, read 26,587,680 times
Quote:
In the 19th century to about WW1 they did wield influence on governments in particular they wielded influence on the government that counted above all else during that period, Great Britain. With the rise of merchant banking the Rothschilds while wealthy and enjoying a certain level of power they don't control the world.

Naill Furgeson wrote a pretty definitive biography on them if you truly are interested in learning more about them. I suspect though you're pushing a typical anti-Semitic meme.

the standard shill response, a script from "Operation Earnest Voice".

facts on Rothschild.

Famous for their banking activities, the Rothschild family is also known for their achievements as winemakers, collectors and as significant charitable benefactors.

Across two centuries and many generations, the qualities associated with the Rothschild family have remained unchanged: innovation, industriousness and, above all, strength through unity.

For more information on the Rothschild family or other Rothschild family members' financial businesses, please visit the Rothschild family website.

To see the financial business interests of core members of the Rothschild family,
The Rothschild Family

is worth researching on your own also, bcs US lamestream media will not give you facts.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies