Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-12-2013, 02:20 PM

3,846 posts, read 2,385,313 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
To kill someone?
A gun is quite a manipulative tool, without ever being fired.

People will actually obey your orders when you merely point one at them.

Old 07-12-2013, 02:21 PM

16,545 posts, read 13,455,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Globe199 View Post
It's a legitimate enough reason when there isn't a dead guy who was shot with your gun.
See my post above yours. WHY are you posting things that you have absolutely no knowledge of?

4,176 posts, read 4,671,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
Why are there so many people posting here that have no idea what they are talking about? WHY????? All I keep seeing is "Zimmerman's injuries weren't that severe". Did any of you listen at all? Read the law??? I think not.
Define "severe." Once again:

Quote:
Zimmerman was diagnosed with a closed fracture of his nose, two black eyes, lacerations to the back of his head, a minor back injury, and bruising in his upper lip and cheek
That sounds severe to me. Any idiot with all those injuries gets it checked out. Unless there's some good reason not to...

10,553 posts, read 9,651,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UpperDecker30 View Post
And I totally agree with that, however somebodies life is in danger when it comes to head trauma. I am not defending Zimmerman, what I am saying is that I feel it is a justifiable act of defense when you are getting repeatedly hit in the head as that is incredibly dangerous.
Aren't there other ways he could have defended himself? The fight was less than 2 minutes, couldn't he have tried to use his fists, scratch his opponent's face, gouge his eyes out. He didn't have to resort to deadly force so quickly. Also he knew police were on the way, he'd already called them. He wasn't going to lie there for 30 minutes getting beaten.

Old 07-12-2013, 02:22 PM

6,476 posts, read 7,324,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Should GZ's response been to shoot Trayvon dead? Was that his only recourse to being beaten?

And what the Neighborhood Watch people advise.

Well, yeah, but obviously GZ is still alive, so his head injuries didn't kill him. We have to deal with what is, not what might have been.

His response was extreme.

Trayvon was a guest of a resident. He had a right to walk around the 'hood as well.
Wrong. Dead wrong. We can be thankful you're not on the jury.

Old 07-12-2013, 02:22 PM

Quote:
Define "severe." Once again:

That sounds severe to me. Any idiot with all those injuries gets it checked out. Unless there's some good reason not to...
What relevance does it have with anything? WHAT?????

Old 07-12-2013, 02:23 PM

6,476 posts, read 7,324,646 times
Quote:
We aren't talking about fearing for one's life. We're talking about actual sustained injuries.
Which are irrelevant.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
Aren't there other ways he could have defended himself? The fight was less than 2 minutes, couldn't he have tried to use his fists, scratch his opponent's face, gouge his eyes out. He didn't have to resort to deadly force so quickly. Also he knew police were on the way, he'd already called them. He wasn't going to lie there for 30 minutes getting beaten.
Remember that the next time you hear about a woman getting raped and they shot the rapist. Couldn't she just have sat back and enjoyed it?

6,331 posts, read 5,211,294 times
Quote:
You come up with reasons for going to the hospital that are less severe than George Zimmerman's injuries. Not really helping your case there.

I want to know why he refused treatment. So far I haven't heard a legitimate reason. The guy was just allegedly involved in the fight of his life, for crying out loud.
I weigh less than Zimmerman and I could take a skinny kid like Trayvon, easily. Not to mention that Zimmerman took self defense classes.

Anyone that has been in a fight will find it hard to believe that someone like Trayvon could kill someone like Zimmerman.

Did Zimmerman believe Trayvon was going to kill him, possibly, but that's only because Zimmerman is a coward.

Most grown men, especially ones as large as Zimmerman would not fear for their lives in that situation

10,942 posts, read 10,256,164 times
Quote:
"Life threatening injuries" implies you get your ass to the hospital. Does it not?
You would think........

And since he didn't go to the hospital, even after being asked several times if he wanted to go, well, there you are.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies