Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-12-2013, 02:29 PM

1,715 posts, read 4,778,716 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
Depends on whose witnesses you believe. It has not been proven beyond a doubt who was screaming.
A-GZ bloody face and head,grass on his back TM bloody knuckles consistent with hitting someone

B- TM face has no marks GZ see A

If I was in vegas I would go with A

Old 07-12-2013, 02:29 PM

3,846 posts, read 2,385,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavaturaccioli View Post
Yes. I am a famous liberal here on CD.
I always look in closets at a crime scene.

Old 07-12-2013, 02:30 PM

39,874 posts, read 26,514,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
I guess they are so used to lying so much, it just comes natural thinking they are going to change the reality of it all if they keep repeating it.

You know rule number one in the leftie play book. Keep repeating the same lie long enough and people will start to accept it as the truth.

6,476 posts, read 7,324,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
Remember that the next time you hear about a woman getting raped and they shot the rapist. Couldn't she just have sat back and enjoyed it?
I rather dislike the way you made that point, but you hit the nail on the head.

1,483 posts, read 1,726,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavaturaccioli View Post
There need not be life threatening injuries, nor does Zimmerman have to prove that there were. Zimmerman's injuries are probative evidence that he had been assaulted and battered. His defense was that he reasonably feared that subsequent injuries would be life threatening or would cause grievous harm.

The extent or severity of Zimmerman's injuries bear no weight in assessing his state of mind.
This is correct, but not the whole picture. Zimmerman's state of mind has to be based in part on his judgment of Trayvon Martin previous to the physical altercation. Earlier in the encounter, Zimmerman exhibited paranoia about Martin, calling the police on him, referring to him as a suspect and following him around. Martin, a guest resident in the complex, did nothing to warrant any of these behaviors. Zimmerman, otoh, showed his judgment of Martin to be false. What is more, the judgment was false in a specific way: Zimmerman judged Martin to be more of a threat to the community than he actually was. In actuality, Martin was simply going to go home. Therefore, there is a precedent of Zimmerman judging Martin falsely, in exactly the same way that he is suspected of judging Martin falsely vis a vis the altercation. Zimmerman judges Martin falsely first as an imminent threat to the community, and then later he judges Martin as an imminent threat to his person. There is, then, more, of a reason to believe that Zimmerman misjudged Martin than to believe that he judged correctly.

6,331 posts, read 5,211,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tworent View Post
A-GZ bloody face and head,grass on his back TM bloody knuckles consistent with hitting someone

B- TM face has no marks GZ see A

If I was in vegas I would go with A
Trayvon kicked his ass, no disputing.

I've gotten my ass kicked just as bad as Zimmerman, I guess I should have killed the guy.

Almost every guy I know has gotten his ass kicked at one point in time in his life.

Old 07-12-2013, 02:31 PM

3,846 posts, read 2,385,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wargamer6 View Post
Talking to yourself?
Just throwing my voice, impressing my friends.

1,715 posts, read 4,778,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Draper View Post
Zimmerman is a coward and a wimp, that is a fact. His state of mind caused him to unreasonable believe Trayvon was going to kill him.
If what you said is true GZ should walk.

827 posts, read 1,090,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonarchist View Post
I always look in closets at a crime scene.
Stop breaking into houses.

4,176 posts, read 4,671,220 times
It may not hurt Zimmerman's case, but it sure as hell doesn't help that he declined treatment. A full assessment of the severity of the injuries could have been made by an independent party. Instead, you have this:

Quote:
Jurors also heard from Dr. Valerie Rao, a medical examiner, who concluded after studying photos that Mr. Zimmerman's injuries were "very insignificant" and that scrapes on the back of his head could have come from just one strike against the sidewalk. Her testimony cast doubt on Mr. Zimmerman's claim that Mr. Martin struck him repeatedly, causing him to fear for his life.
So a medical examiner studied photos and made a conclusion. It just doesn't seem sound.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies