Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-14-2013, 01:28 AM

4,520 posts, read 4,213,775 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by freightshaker View Post
[/b]

You say Martin had a right to defend himself, but you basically argue that Zimmerman didn't have that same right..
I believe he did, but not with deadly force.

Old 07-14-2013, 01:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lycos679 View Post
Is burglary not a crime anymore?
It certainly is, but Trayvon was not a burglar.

Old 07-14-2013, 01:30 AM

[quote=freightshaker;30474489]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocLot View Post
Zimmerman initiated the entire turn of events, by exiting his vehicle. No good could come from doing that.

Was departing his vehicle a criminal offense?

There is no proof that Martin started the attack (only that he bested him in the physical confrontation).[/quote]

Why is it that whenever it refers to Zimmerman, you want proof, but when it refers to Martin, you are willing to accept supposition??
No one has proof about who started the attack. It's taken as fact (by both sides) that Zimmerman initiated the events by exiting his vehicle. Are you arguing otherwise?

Old 07-14-2013, 01:31 AM

3,120 posts, read 8,071,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieB.Good View Post
Self-defense?
What were the wounds on Trayvon Martin? Is there some evidence to suggest that Zimmerman punched Martin or had been beating him up pretty badly to justify banging Zimmerman's head into the concrete as self defense?

A person's talking to you or asking you a question doesn't justify punching them in the nose and banging their head into the concrete as "self defense".

Quote:
It's funny how you chose to compare GZ motive before he reached TM, to TM motives after they started fighting. Why not use TM's motives before GZ reached him? Or GZ motives after they started fighting? Compare apples to apples?
TM's motives seem to have been to teach the creepy-assed cracker a lesson.

GZ's motives before Trayvon attacked him were not criminal.

Quote:
And? He was on the way home & Zimmerman followed him. And all we have is Zimmerman's words about how their confrontation went down.
The prosecution's star witness (who must have had hours of coaching by Crump and co.) said he had made it home:

"I asked him where he at, and he told me he at the back of his daddy fiancee house."

Old 07-14-2013, 01:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SquareWheel View Post
Black people, you really picked a losing horse on this one. Sorry.
Really. There are / were other cases that you might have won.

It seems the state really never had a chance with this one.
Wonder how much this whole boondoggle cost the tax payers?

And, there's never a dearth of problems in your own community that need sorting out.
Hope that one day you get around to fixing them. Feel sorry for the Martin family, and for Zimmerman's.

Now, let's move on...
Why do you assume only Black people care about justice for Trayvon?

What are you doing to fix the problems in your own community? When did whites suddenly become a crime free race?

Old 07-14-2013, 01:32 AM

9,827 posts, read 6,944,623 times
Quote:
Black on black violence hit its peak in the 80's/early 1990's as a result of the crack epidemic. The gangs I am familiar with are about drug selling and protecting their turf to do their illegal activities. And while I agree that the victims are someone's son/daughter, somewhere along the way, the parent(s) failed them. And they need to take responsibility for that. Innocent bystanders are the true victims in these sort of stories.

I find it interesting how white murderers are passed off as criminally insane. It seems to suggest that rational white people don't commit crimes (while at the same time suggesting it comes as second nature to black people).

It's not a race issue. What sane individual walks into a crowded theater and opens up on innocent movie attendees? What sane individual walks into a school and opens up on a classroom of children? Even the gangbangers wouldn't do that.. That is insanity.. Are there white criminals? You bet there are. Even my people have criminals. All races have criminals. Sadly the black youth in our major cities have turned to the drug culture and as you said protect their turf. They would do the same if they were running whores, gambling or any other number of illegal activities.. It's not the nature of black youth, but rather the nature of a gang mentallity... Where I live, we have the same thing among the hispanic community.

Old 07-14-2013, 01:33 AM

1,728 posts, read 1,779,965 times
It is plausible that it was dark enough on the back side of that complex that yes you would have had to get out of he vehicle to see the home address,

Quote:
Is it impossible to get a street address while driving in your car? Must you get out of your car to find one?

I agree that Martin should have gone to a neighbor's to ask for help. I don't agree with others who say he should've gone home.

I don't know if Martin was the aggressor and neither do you. I do believe he was "winning" the fight.

I would have been satisfied with an involuntary manslaughter conviction.

Old 07-14-2013, 01:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boner View Post
No they dont, fat Haiti said TM was in front of his dads GFs Apt
Ugh...name calling? Really? I'm sure you are a regular Brad Pitt. Consider yourself ignored.

3,120 posts, read 8,071,115 times
Quote:
I thought a lot of you declared Rachel a liar? I guess you only believe the parts of her story that suit you.
The parts of her story that contradict her bias are believable. When someone makes an admission that goes against what they are trying to prove, it has credibility. (Some might call it an "admission against one's own interest".)

11,768 posts, read 10,275,258 times
Quote:
It certainly is, but Trayvon was not a burglar.
I know, but you asked us to presume that he was.

Quote:
It's not his job to "catch" anyone. You wait for the police to apprehend a suspect. Let's say Trayvon was the burglar they'd all been looking for. Zimmerman had no authority to detain/arrest him, so just stand back and let the cops do their work.

re: the gun. That is so silly, I can't even...

From your final standpoint, I can see there's no having a reasonable discussion with you...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.