Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-14-2013, 11:37 PM

465 posts, read 508,025 times

Advertisements

I'm a moderate and called extremist often by both sides so i assume you hang around a lot of liberals, not necessarily on purpose maybe you live in a liberal city/state for example or are an artist of some kind just for some examples. I have a wide array of friends and often get called liberal or conservative extremist depending on who i am around and they tend to not notice all the stuff that we agree on when they say it either.

Old 07-15-2013, 09:50 AM

7,359 posts, read 5,465,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
I don't think you picked the right party to stereotype. It is wingnuts who are in lockstep. Liberals, in fact, are rarely in lockstep, yet wingnuts are always in lockstep.

As far as I'm concerned, you sound entirely rational. I don't know any liberals who think anyone should agree 100 percent on any topic.
So we've just gone through months of liberals hooting and crowing about how the right wing is so fractured that it is doomed but yet when it serves their purposes then suddenly the right wing marches in lock step.

Constitutional conservatives, social conservatives, fiscal conservatives, mainstream Republicans, Tea Party, neocons, religious right, libertarians - yeah us "wingnuts" are just lockstepping around.

What an absurd comment.

Old 07-15-2013, 12:59 PM

893 posts, read 1,207,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bchris02 View Post
With most liberals, it seems that you must tow the party line 100% of the time or you are just as evil as those Neanderthalic conservatives that hate gays, women, and minorities and want to turn America into Iran. The polarization in this country is getting so intense its scary.
People like that are in the mong cycle. You need to show them and help them out of it.

It's easy, just a three step process:

1. Identify mong cycle
2. Reject mong cycle
3. Profit

I am trying to post this as much as possible here, since there seem to be quite a few posters on this board that are stuck in such a cycle.

As for yourself, you should come on over to utopiacollegesports where we are working on the "unified mong cycle theory" and almost all of our posters have the same views as you listed in your first post.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies