Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-15-2013, 12:11 PM

5,094 posts, read 5,193,270 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gru View Post
If you are asking if I support the NAACP (National Association for the advancement of Colored People), like I said, I support the advancement of people. I wouldn't single out one race. That would be racist. You wouldn't want that would you?
George Zimmerman is one of those "colored" people too. His famliy sure didn't arrive on the Mayflower.

Old 07-15-2013, 12:14 PM

10,553 posts, read 9,686,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoJiveMan View Post
Basically, the police department bungled the investigation from the onset, you do recall the police chief resignation, yes? I know if I was the chief of police and muffed a murder or assault investigation, I'd resign too so I wouldn't have to answer any questions later of how an investigation was handled.

I believe that's what feds might be looking into.

Trayvon Martin shooting: Florida police chief resigns amid national outcry - NY Daily News

Right.
The police bungled the investigation.
The prosecution bungled the prosecution.
There are two criminal justice systems in this country: one for whites, one for blacks.
Black males are profiled as criminals, by police and the public, every day.
Those are civil rights issues.

Old 07-15-2013, 12:14 PM
Gru

79 posts, read 82,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin Rossi View Post
Frankly, I never heard of the rest of the quote, perhaps because the media who reported knew, as you seemingly don't, that it is irrelevant to the issue.

It is a distinction without a difference. Changes nothing whatsoever. Why you have attached some importance to it is beyond reason, IMHO.

It was, however, a nice attempt at spin, so kudos to you for that. A Red Herring - nothing more.
I wouldn't expect it to change your mind. For you perception is reality, when it should be reality is reality. These are two very different meanings. If the real quote was reported it wouldn't have made it past the local news channel. NBC edited it to create the perception of racism and it turned into a media storm.

Old 07-15-2013, 12:15 PM
Gru

79 posts, read 82,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaten_Drinker View Post
George Zimmerman is one of those "colored" people too. His famliy sure didn't arrive on the Mayflower.
Yeah, but his name is Zimmerman. That makes him a white crackah

Old 07-15-2013, 12:18 PM

Quote:
Yeah, but his name is Zimmerman. That makes him a white crackah

What about Jesse JACKSON? Andrew Jackson( who his slave ancestors chose as a last name) was no "brotha".

Old 07-15-2013, 12:18 PM

10,553 posts, read 9,686,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoJiveMan View Post
The difference should be that it was none of Zim's business if Trayvon was doing drugs, smoking weed or whatever, another case of Zim acting like a cop wannabe.

Kind of like the case where Zim shoved a cop when the cop was investigating underage drinking by Zimmerman's friends. Yes? Who is Zim to judge what a person is doing? Isn't that a cop's job?
Yes, and notice that Zimmerman's response to what he perceived as wrong, was to shove a cop. Remember Rachel Jeantel's testimony, the bump she heard when Trayvon's headset fell to the ground. Maybe that's how Zimmerman responded to Trayvon's aggrieved question, "why are you following me for?"

Old 07-15-2013, 12:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
Yes, and notice that Zimmerman's response to what he perceived as wrong, was to shove a cop. Remember Rachel Jeantel's testimony, the bump she heard when Trayvon's headset fell to the ground. Maybe that's how Zimmerman responded to Trayvon's aggrieved question, "why are you following me for?"
You mean the undercover cop who had not yet identified himself?

Old 07-15-2013, 12:20 PM

16,545 posts, read 13,497,712 times
Quote:
Yeah maybe, maybe you can get a retrial and tell the jurors this.

Old 07-15-2013, 12:22 PM

3,740 posts, read 3,084,025 times
Quote:
Right.
The police bungled the investigation.
The prosecution bungled the prosecution.
There are two criminal justice systems in this country: one for whites, one for blacks.
Black males are profiled as criminals, by police and the public, every day.
Those are civil rights issues.
Actually, examination of the facts, not urban legends, but facts, reveal what you say to be more of a fairly tale than a fact - far, far more.

Old 07-15-2013, 12:24 PM

3,740 posts, read 3,084,025 times
Quote:
I wouldn't expect it to change your mind. For you perception is reality, when it should be reality is reality. These are two very different meanings. If the real quote was reported it wouldn't have made it past the local news channel. NBC edited it to create the perception of racism and it turned into a media storm.
That's funny, I perceived no racism, just a stupid comment made by a stupd person, to wit, Obama. Factually, Obama has no "race" as he is a mix, unless you consider "mixed race" a race.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies