Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-15-2013, 10:58 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,785,201 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by knowledgeiskey View Post
I don't understand the outrage. I don't agree with the verdict, but what are people demanding from our government?
If I understand it correctly, the civil rights violation has to do with possibly Zimmerman profiling TM> I don't understand this at all, I can't believe anything will come of this, but stranger things have happened. Even if a law suit is brought against Z it will not stick I don't think.

Old 07-15-2013, 10:59 AM
Gru

79 posts, read 82,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by knowledgeiskey View Post
But why is it a race issue?
Truthfully... it isn't.

3,846 posts, read 2,386,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivorytickler View Post
Were you there? What questions was he not asked?
Read the police report.

3,875 posts, read 3,872,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
I can't believe the race card keeps getting pulled in this issue, and it's pretty sad that our president seems to be fuelling it as well.
I believe it, why doesn't Obama protect Black folks who are killing each other in Chicago or Detroit ?

I guess that's OK since he can't exploit it for personal gain.

11,768 posts, read 10,267,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonarchist View Post
He wasn't asked the right questions in the right way.
Always an excuse, eh? I don't know if the questions should have been asked differently or not, but too many factors and witnesses support Zimmerman's claim of self defense. I mean, even if we assume that TM was acting in self defense when he started to beat up GZ the neighbor told him to stop fighting and he didn't and self defense doesn't allow you to continue using force against someone that is not using force back.

Old 07-15-2013, 11:00 AM

5,094 posts, read 5,176,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
If I understand it correctly, the civil rights violation has to do with possibly Zimmerman profiling TM> I don't understand this at all, I can't believe anything will come of this, but stranger things have happened. Even if a law suit is brought against Z it will not stick I don't think.

The violation has to be charged against the Sanford Police Department, not George Zimmerman.

Old 07-15-2013, 11:00 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,785,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoJiveMan View Post
Basically, the police department bungled the investigation from the onset, you do recall the police chief resignation, yes? I know if I was the chief of police and muffed a murder or assault investigation, I'd resign too so I wouldn't have to answer any questions later of how an investigation was handled.

I believe that's what feds might be looking into.

Trayvon Martin shooting: Florida police chief resigns amid national outcry - NY Daily News
You could be right, I thought it had to do with racial profiling because they are talking about bringing charges against Z. not the police. I might have misunderstood.

Old 07-15-2013, 11:01 AM

18,401 posts, read 19,031,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaten_Drinker View Post
He was thing of his BLACK children.
the man is black and so are his children. as was trayvon. like all of us who are parents, we should be concerned when an unarmed teen is shot dead through the heart. the president was talking as a parent, doesn't matter what color his kids are.

Old 07-15-2013, 11:02 AM

25,386 posts, read 35,554,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
How can it? Even if he did profile TM, TM did not have to respond by attacking Zimmerman. It was TM's choice to respond with violence that ended in his death. And even if Zimmerman did profile TM, given that TM responded with violence, Zimmerman called it right. TM was trouble. It was Zimmerman's job to protect the community from trouble. Unfortunately, he got attacked as a result.

Whether or not Zimmerman profiled TM is irrelevant to the fact that TM was a violent thug who beat Zimmerman.

When I caught my ex fiancé with someone else, he tried this line. "YOu didn't trust me". I Just looked at him and said "Whether I did or I didn't is irrelevant to the fact I shouldn't have". Whether Zimmerman profiled or not is irrelevant to the fact TM was trouble. He proved it by beating Zimmerman. Whatever the reason Zimmerman thought TM was worth watching, he was right. This case should be closed.

Old 07-15-2013, 11:04 AM

3,846 posts, read 2,386,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lycos679 View Post
Always an excuse, eh? I don't know if the questions should have been asked differently or not, but too many factors and witnesses support Zimmerman's claim of self defense. I mean, even if we assume that TM was acting in self defense when he started to beat up GZ the neighbor told him to stop fighting and he didn't and self defense doesn't allow you to continue using force against someone that is not using force back.
Pointing a gun at you is not using force?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies