Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-15-2013, 10:43 AM

3,740 posts, read 3,073,028 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonarchist View Post
Better jury instructions?
Have you reviewed those instructions, and analyzed them from a legal perspective? Has the issue of jury instructions been raised by people in the "know"?

bUU

12,074 posts, read 10,711,454 times
The accusation would be that Zimmerman choose to use deadly force specifically because Martin was dark-skinned, i.e., that he wouldn't have done so if he was white.

While it would be embarrassing, it is indeed possible for a black man to commit a racial civil rights violation against a black man. In this case, that convolution isn't even applicable: Zimmerman was Hispanic, not black.

2,476 posts, read 2,604,905 times
It's NOT!
I hope Zimmerman sues the crap out of everyone....News/DOJ/The Martin's and the President...ya ya I know someone will say you can't sue the President, well the moment he said "If I had a son he could look like Trayvan" is the moment he can be sued!. Same way the a**hole in chief opened his fat trap about the Cambridge police incident and was proven wrong on that.
Idiot!

How many blacks have been killed by other blacks since this whole Zimmerman incident happened???
Thousands!!!! so were is the outrage from the president and all the other race hounds!

Sickening.

Old 07-15-2013, 10:44 AM

24,421 posts, read 23,080,421 times
Please tell me the liberals aren't going after trials and trying to ban juries by our peers. They want to get rid of everything else, it seems. No free speech, no freedom from illegal search and seizure, no freedom of religion, no right to bear arms, no right to vote, no taxation without representation.

Old 07-15-2013, 10:45 AM

3,391 posts, read 4,484,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by knowledgeiskey View Post
I don't understand the outrage. I don't agree with the verdict, but what are people demanding from our government?
Since the 1960s, the federal government has had the option of pursuing civil suits in cases where state courts failed to convict defendants. This option was created because state courts in the South would routinely acquitted whites who committed crimes against blacks and civil rights workers.

Old 07-15-2013, 10:46 AM

5,094 posts, read 5,176,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kerrymac View Post
It's NOT!
I hope Zimmerman sues the crap out of everyone....News/DOJ/The Martin's and the President...ya ya I know someone will say you can't sue the President, well the moment he said "If I had a son he could look like Trayvan" is the moment he can be sued!. Same way the a**hole in chief opened his fat trap about the Cambridge police incident and was proven wrong on that.
Idiot!

Every time Barack opens his mouth and inserts his foot he loses.

Chicago olympics
Cambridge police
Trayvon assault

Old 07-15-2013, 10:47 AM

6,940 posts, read 9,683,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogersParkGuy View Post
Since the 1960s, the federal government has had the option of pursuing civil suits in cases where state courts failed to convict defendants. This option was created because state courts in the South would routinely acquitted whites who committed crimes against blacks and civil rights workers.

Thanks

Do you have a link with this information?

6,500 posts, read 6,039,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonarchist View Post
Better jury instructions?
What like " we remind you that Martin was black and Zimmerman is white Hispanic (emphasis on White), so in this case justice can not be colorblind or else black folk and liberals will be unhappy and show ignorance and stupidity"

9,598 posts, read 16,571,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin Rossi View Post
To answer to title of your post, because Martin looked like, in Obama's own words, "what his son would like like, if he had a son".
So, it couldn't have anything to do with the fact that in a majority of states, Zimmerman doesn't walk?

Old 07-15-2013, 10:48 AM

17,440 posts, read 9,275,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NSHL10 View Post
First the Martin supporters said they just wanted Zimmerman to get arrested...got it. Then wanted day in court, got it via bypassing grand jury. Now Zimmerman was found not guilty so they want ANOTHER trial. They just keep moving the bar.
Good point about the Grand Jury ..... few remember (and it wasn't widely reported) that a Grand Jury was scheduled for April 10 to see if the evidence in the Martin killing supported charges against Zimmerman - the Special Prosecutor cancelled the Grand Jury and charged him with 2nd degree murder.

This whole thing was presented by the media as a case that was being ignored - that was never true.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies