Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-17-2013, 11:23 AM

4,520 posts, read 4,209,898 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
Why are you STILL carrying on about all of this? You aren't going to change anything. Do you plan on investigating Zimmerman, like digging through his trash and reporting your findings to the snitch email?
I'm beginning to realize when you all can't face the legitimacy of your opponent's argument. The old "why are you still posting about this?" tactic. Of course, while at the same time failing to realize you are *also* "still posting about this".

Old 07-17-2013, 11:24 AM

3,040 posts, read 2,579,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocLot View Post
So, in other words, he was GUILTY of those crimes? Last I heard misdemeanors are the result of illegal actions (usually the result of plea deals). So, the fact that the charges were reduced does not suddenty make Zimmerman's bad actions disappear.

If that's the case, I'm sure many of you really don't have a problem with Trayvon *possibly* smoking weed. I mean, it's legal in some places and a misdemeanor in others. Right?
Then he would not be allowed to legally own a firearm for the third time!!

He would have been charged with a felony for Unlawful possession of a firearm!!!

Old 07-17-2013, 11:24 AM

998 posts, read 1,215,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonarchist View Post
Now, you're are trying to "straddle" a T-intersection.

No way Zimmie could have drawn his gun while being straddled.

It was drawn BEFORE Zimmie hit the ground.
That is complete B.S.

Old 07-17-2013, 11:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jean71 View Post
Well you seem to know it all. Why don't you tell us? Why didn't TM just go home?
You're confused. I already addressed that. I'm wondering why Zimmerman didn't head back to his car. Since, for so many, 4 minutes is a reasonable amount of time to get away.

Old 07-17-2013, 11:27 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,118,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Roma View Post
Telling them not to assault other people would be a good start.
I'll never understand how something so clear and obvious to some of us, needs to be told to others who are adults.

Old 07-17-2013, 11:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Actually, the people in my neighborhood do keep an eye out for each other and each other's property. I live in the Chicago area. We have no choice but to look out for each other. Zimmerman's behavior that night would have appeared perfectly normal to any of us.
Product Details - Chicago Crime Commission

Do you contend that a rock or other hard substance embedded in the grass could not have caused those injuries to the back of Z's head? Cite proof.
Again, you're being disingenuous. At night, no one knows who Zimmerman is. And he is a stranger to Trayvon, not the friendly neighborhood watch guy. He was a stranger acting in an extremely suspicious manner (staring from his car, getting out his car to follow). That would raise the hackles for most folks (who value their survival). In scenarios like that who is thinking "That's probably just the neighborhood watch guy. Let me go say hello."

Your rock stance is so ludicrous, I'm not even going there with you. (Not to mention that rock would have probably been entered as evidence).

Old 07-17-2013, 11:29 AM

33,387 posts, read 34,847,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
A great article by Charles Blow in the NYTimes about how the legal system failed Trayvon Martin.

"The system began to fail Martin long before that night.

The system failed him when Florida’s self-defense laws were written, allowing an aggressor to claim self-defense in the middle of an altercation — and to use deadly force in that defense — with no culpability for his role in the events that led to that point.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/07/16/op..._20130716&_r=0
rubbish, the system didnt fail martin, martin failed in the system. he attacked zimmerman, and zimmerman was in fear of his life since martin was threatening to kill zimmerman.

as far as no culpability for zimmerman, he has to carry around the guilt of taking another human life for the rest of his, and it is going to eat at him for a long time to come. and if he finds himself in a similar situation in the future, he may freeze when he shouldnt, and that may cost zimmerman his life.

Old 07-17-2013, 11:29 AM

2,295 posts, read 2,369,604 times
Why doesn't the OP look at what actually happened, the legal system did not fail Trayvon Martin, the prosecution failed Trayvon Martin. Bottom line, there was a trial, and George Zimmerman was acquitted by a jury of his peers on charges of second degree murder, and the last minute instructions from the Judge to consider manslaughter. The jury weighed the evidence presented, and the arguments of both the defense and prosecution, and rendered not guilty verdicts. That is over, complete, done, finished. Zimmerman is innocent in accordance with our system of laws. Let's stop rehashing that issue.

The prosecution, and the judge in this case failed Trayvon if anyone did. The performance of the prosecution was just awful. Everything they needed to prove to make their own was disproved by their own witnesses, including eye witnesses at the scene.

Old 07-17-2013, 11:30 AM

3,040 posts, read 2,579,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocLot View Post
I'm beginning to realize when you all can't face the legitimacy of your opponent's argument. The old "why are you still posting about this?" tactic. Of course, while at the same time failing to realize you are *also* "still posting about this".
Legitimacy??

There is no legitimacy with you guys. You keep coming back with the same lame crap the media spews. You guys can't accept the testimony and statements for what it is. You have zero ability to think for yourselves.

Some of the crap I read on this forum convinces me many of you people are no brighter than the piece of concrete used to cut up the back of GZ's head.

Old 07-17-2013, 11:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Wow..you're STILL clueless.

Again, in the 4 minutes (BEFORE THE CONFRONTATION AND IN THE TIME MOST FOLKS ARE SAYING TRAYVON HAD TO MAKE IT HOME), how did Trayvon beating him preclude Zimmerman from using those 4 minutes to go to his car?

There are 4 minutes of unaccounted Zimmerman time. How did he use it?

Last edited by ChocLot; 07-17-2013 at 11:38 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies